#1 echelonredwessex9

echelonredwessex9

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:57

can anybody point me to how to set this up.."from the start"

#2 Thad

Thad

Posted 15 December 2016 - 16:00

Salutations,

Here are some 'basic' "key commands" for using a tank.

"E" - Start engine
"Cursor Keys" - Movement (the game automatically translates these simple direction commands to pushing pedals, switching friction clutches and changing gears).
"RAlt-C" - Close/open hatch (riding with open hatches is obviously more dangerous).
"LCtrl-C" - Switch to gunner and back to driver seat.

"Spacebar or LeftMouseButton" - Fire Turret Guns
"RAlt-G" - Switch ammunition: Armour Piercing / High Explosive / Machine Gun.
"Ralt ;" "Ralt ." - Adjust gunsight verticaly (range)
"Ralt ," "Ralt /" - Adjust gunsight horizontaly vertical (only on T-34)
"Mouse Wheel" or "LShift - Mouse Wheel" - Zoom in or out
"T" - Set turret to stowed position / Take control over the turret

"LShift + T" - Turret Gunsight

You will need to assign your controller buttons and or axis in the games keymapper settings based upon these commands.

Turrets are aimed with the mouse. I used JoyToKey to use my joystick for turret control because it seems more realistic... albeit a bit more challenging.

Edited by Thad, 31 March 2017 - 16:22.

Modules.jpg?dl=1Campaigns.png?dl=1

Windows 10 64-Bit, AMD FX-8350, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB @ 2560 x 1080 @ 60 Hz, Thrustmaster WCS HOTAS

#3 TWCMarc442

TWCMarc442

Posted 11 January 2017 - 21:08

How do you select tanks?

#4 Thad

Thad

Posted 12 January 2017 - 17:30

Salutations,

The single player mission you desire to play has to include a tank in them for the 'player' (you).

A multiplayer mission must have tank 'spawning' points for selection to access the tanks.

Go to the main Forums page.

Select the 'Mission Making and Mission Editor' topic forum.

In it select 'The Mission Sharing Corner'.

I'm sure there are some tank missions available there.

Happy tanking.

Windows 10 64-Bit, AMD FX-8350, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB @ 2560 x 1080 @ 60 Hz, Thrustmaster WCS HOTAS

#5 greasegunDivebomb

greasegunDivebomb

Posted 11 March 2017 - 16:05

The key commands that Thad described in his post do not work no matter how you re-enter them in the settings section. The C command does not switch from driver to gunner or when you change it to Control +C. Right Alt. C does not open hatch. All the other key commands like, RAlt. +G Switch Ammo,RAlt. + comma RAlt. + period Adjust gun sight  range, T set turret to stowed position. Nothing works except for engine start and forward , reverse, left and right. Tech. dept. needs to fix key commands for people who would like to do Tank battles. Thanks, Divebomb/machinegun.

#6 Thad

Thad

Posted 31 March 2017 - 17:00

Salutations, sorry.... but you are incorrect. I just jumped into a T34 tank to check.

The [E] key started the engine. The Cursor Keys drive the tank. [RAlt+C] closes and opens hatches. [LCtrl+C] Switches between the Driver and Gunner positions. [RAlt+G] Switches ammunition types. [RAlt+;] and RAlt+.] adjust the gunsight up and down for range. [RAlt+,] and [RAlt+/] adjusted the gunsight horizontally (maybe T34 only). Mouse Wheel Zoomed in or out. The [T] key Sets the turret to a stowed position or for you to Take control of the turret.

I have no idea what your problems were but what I provided is correct as far as I can tell from this recent test.

#7 greasegunDivebomb

greasegunDivebomb

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:24

I have tank missions to select from, but the problem is with my key mapping in BOS the "C" option was lost in one of the upgrades from pilot to gunner. The key map states that "C" key only switch to the next firing point in the current turret? I have no switch from pilot to gunner and that also applies to the Driver to gunner in the Tank key mapping. I have asked the Tech. Dept. to correct my key mapping in Weapons control mapping. Why did my original "C" key map change. I wonder if any body else has that problem. When the "C" key is corrected, I am sure all the other key commands will work.  

#8 Thad

Thad

Posted 02 April 2017 - 17:41

Salutations,

With the latest patch the Default Command list 'was' changed or updated.

It shows the [C] key related to "Resetting the external free camera"

https://forum.il2stu...fault +commands

Edited by Thad, 02 April 2017 - 17:43.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users