Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

We were not drunk enough to miss it when preparing the meat :D

Damn!!! Deep into page 4 before I can put in my pre-order??? I sorta feel like johnny come lately this time around.

I'm looking forward to both the Spit and P-39. Surprising to myself, I'm getting eager to try out the Ju-52 soon more than I expected to be. I'm thinking it might be fun to try it out online after getting up to speed with it.

Good thing for the devs, and so for us if we are a lot to buy the game! That means even better content! ;)

That's 25.2 morning cups of coffee I wont be drinking. :happy:

Oh, and here I was looking forward to buying it for you :biggrin:

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

I´d let nothing take away my morning coffee :D

I'm in a love-hate relationship with Ms. Coffe. I don't like it, it takes multiple cups to actually affect me as intended but after starting a second job I can't function without it :(

Edited by Marrond

all the games will be updated to dx11? same engine?

Yes, we use the single engine for all games

• Upvote 1

Oh, and here I was looking forward to buying it for you :biggrin:

Hey, wheres yer bin?  Nice to see you back!  :salute:

Couldn't wait this time and started saving well in advance.  Still getting plenty of value from your great benevolence too :biggrin:

Pre-ordered last night. First time I will have been on board from the very start.

done. After BoM and a few issues i had with the game, i planned not to support this any further.

But with Jason in charge, and the respective change of course my belief for this series is back. Also promoting it in my squadron

• Upvote 2

I'm glad to support you guys.  I just purchased both Collector's planes and Battle of Kuban.  Keep up the good work guys.

Just ordered BOK and the Ju-52/Yak-1B! Fun times ahead!

EDIT: oops, I gotta look at my post before posting the wrong numbers....

Edited by Medicated

I'm not sure if 777 want to sell me this game or not, but I'm going to ask for the 5th time:

Will Kuban already support Oculus Rift (or DX11 for that matter) or not?

Thanks,
Sputnik

I'm not sure if 777 want to sell me this game or not, but I'm going to ask for the 5th time:

Thanks,

Sputnik

Why even bother reading the announcment...

• Upvote 2

Thanks,

Sputnik

The announcement says DX11 and VR support

Edited by I./ZG1_Goblin

Because it doesn't say anything about Oculus Rift...

Planned to be Included in Battle of Kuban:

Technology and Features:

- DX11

- VR (with existing GUI)

Planned to be Included in Battle of Kuban:

Technology and Features:

- DX11

- VR (with existing GUI)

Still nothing about Oculus Rift

Thanks,

Sputnik

I'm not sure why this is such a mystery to you. VR support is in our plan, the plan is 16 months long. At some point during that time-frame we hope to have VR supported. I cannot give you an exact day or hour. Kuban will only be fully released at the end of the development cycle. Early-Access customers will be able to play before then. So, users might be flying over Kuban before VR support is completely implemented. So does that satisfy your criteria? I don't know.

Jason

• Upvote 5

IN!, IN,! IN!

Bring it on!!!! (it's worth it for the Spitfire alone!!!!)

I'm not sure why this is such a mystery to you. VR support is in our plan, the plan is 16 months long. At some point during that time-frame we hope to have VR supported. I cannot give you an exact day or hour. Kuban will only be fully released at the end of the development cycle. Early-Access customers will be able to play before then. So, users might be flying over Kuban before VR support is completely implemented. So does that satisfy your criteria? I don't know.

Jason

Mistery? What?  I'd just like to know if with the release (not EA) I can fly Kuban with Oculus Rift. That's all.

Never wanted to know exact hour or minute. Although this info would be great... even seconds would be appreciated.

But a simple "Yes" or "No" also would have helped.

But since you write about VR (and not OR) and "hope to have supported" all the time I assume it won't be supported.

But since I play flight sims only in VR I guess I have to skip that pre-order as well and come back in 16 months.

What is the deadline for ordering for early access? I'm broke atm

Pre-order will be completed in December 2016

Early access will be completed in December 2017

So, you've time till December, 2017 :)

Still nothing about Oculus Rift

Oculus Rift is VR device. Same as HTC Vive or Samsung or whatever other VR brand out there.

Mistery? What?  I'd just like to know if with the release (not EA) I can fly Kuban with Oculus Rift. That's all.

Never wanted to know exact hour or minute. Although this info would be great... even seconds would be appreciated.

But a simple "Yes" or "No" also would have helped.

But since you write about VR (and not OR) and "hope to have supported" all the time I assume it won't be supported.

But since I play flight sims only in VR I guess I have to skip that pre-order as well and come back in 16 months.

You can take VR to mean Vive and Rift. And we promised VR before and your friends at Oculus broke our implementation and dramatically changed requirements, so I won't make such iron clad promises as before because you never know what they will do. But if everything stays the same as now, we'll have it as planned.

Jason

• Upvote 9

Oculus Rift is VR device. Same as HTC Vive or Samsung or whatever other VR brand out there.

... and there should not be any reason for the Rift implementation not to work if the Vive does. As long as DX11 or higher is used, you can use direct mode for the Rift and Vive.

I know but some people need to do the drama out of obvious things ;)

And as Jason wrote. Its not up to them to predict,if any of the VR device manufacturers will change specs in the future.

Hey Jason, get your BOK Tag! 

Come on! 

Or do you want an action from Benevolent Society ?  :)

• Upvote 1