Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

• 1CGS

I prefer buying games through Steam so that it works with all the Steam features, but I'd like to give you 100% of my money. If I buy it through the IL-2 store could I get a Steam key and would that make it as if I had bought it from Steam so that I get all the Steamy features?

Yes, you'll be able to get a Steam key and all the Steam features

http://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-kuban/

Pre-Order customers will have the option to receive a Steam key for this product after its release.

So here I am sitting minding my own business and walla the BOK pre order is announced. Keep calm lots of time till December..... While I am thinking this,.... my fingers take over and suddenly I am in the store and the payment has gone. Fabulous!! Great price, nice planeset and features galore etc etc. Not a second of hesitation and now the greaaaaaat wait.

:biggrin: All smiles.

Gotta say I was surprised at the low price!

Could have gone higher in my book too, but we need to consider that not all countries have the same level of income. Also you need to stay within certain limits regarding the general price of games to recruit new players:-/

I'll be in on to buying this as soon as a few financial things sort themselves out...

but please could you clarify one thing: You say we would receive a steam key after release, does this mean the early access of the aircraft won't be available to someone who runs BoS/M through steam they have to wait till the full release, or do you mean 'release of early access' so Steam people will have access to the individual aircraft as they come out during early access?

Sorry if that is confusing things!

after its release. Thats why you can also run a PC version just down load the PC game version from the site, and then just use your email log in..and password.. it will work.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

I'll be in on to buying this as soon as a few financial things sort themselves out...

but please could you clarify one thing: You say we would receive a steam key after release, does this mean the early access of the aircraft won't be available to someone who runs BoS/M through steam they have to wait till the full release, or do you mean 'release of early access' so Steam people will have access to the individual aircraft as they come out during early access?

Sorry if that is confusing things!

I bought BOS from steam and BOM early access, and I got all BOM early access content on time through the steam launched BOS. I would think the same applies for BOK.

• 1CGS

Steam people will have access to the individual aircraft and all new technology and features as they come out during early access.

Will have to wait for next month I think, hope it is still on pre-order then. I would hope so if early access doesn't start until December at earliest. 

It wiil be still on pre-order till December, don't worry)

• Upvote 2

Steam people will have access to the individual aircraft and all new technology and features as they come out during early access.

It wiil be still on pre-order till December, don't worry)

Thanks for the December deadline, as I really want to support this, more then I want to support my dentist! :salute: I will be joining in again!

EDIT-> The Pre-order price, will it stay the same until December too?

Edited by Pigmachine

Can't lie I'm mildly dissapointed of Battle of Kuban as the next expansion. The Pacific theatre of operation has zero (and had during old IL2) interest to me. This was the same sentiment back in old days of major IL2 gaming population also.

Umm...no it wasn't. I was there. Please don't project your minority opinion on to the rest of us.

Further, if you want to talk "best and fiercest" then anyone who knows their stuff will also mention the skies over Henderson Field on Guadalcanal, and the March up the "Slot" not to mention New Guinea and a variety of other locations and battles that were shorter in duration but extremely fierce. Midway and Okinawa are both good examples of the latter.

So by all means have your opinion, but don't try and claim that you speak for those of us who know better. Jason is doing the right thing - they'll be getting $185 or so from me tomorrow. (Time to catch up)

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 4