Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

16 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Well, I don't have much interest in VR, I don't really want one, I'd rather have a properly thought out out controller system for propeller driven aircraft thanks!

Give @GVL224 a ring. His quality is superb, and he'll make something just to your liking. I wasn't going to wait around forever for VKB to come up with something.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, 19//Rekt said:

Same here...being a fighter pilot is a young man's game, and TrackIR allows me to whip around and check my six like it was 1993!

Defeatist! Go and do some neck-yoga.

(If that was a "thing", I'd do it myself. Heck, even TIR gives me neck-strain...)

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

In the quantities this would sell knowing how much it would cost to make such a throttle (custom molds and premium parts) your looking at $900-$1000 at least at the start. That price range would make it worthwhile and possible to actually mass produce and have margins enough to sell worldwide at major online retailers. 300 Euros is not a profitable price point for such a product.

Jason

What about without the throttle, so more like a substitute to the MFDs cougart: buttons, switches, etc?

Edited by PA_Spartan-
1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Well, I don't have much interest in VR, I don't really want one, I'd rather have a properly thought out out controller system for propeller driven aircraft thanks!

I was only saying that VR may increase demand for special controllers (it makes keyboards rather difficult to use). 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

In the quantities this would sell knowing how much it would cost to make such a throttle (custom molds and premium parts) your looking at $900-$1000 at least at the start. That price range would make it worthwhile and possible to actually mass produce and have margins enough to sell worldwide at major online retailers. 300 Euros is not a profitable price point for such a product.

Jason

That is expensive, but i guess quality would be on top!

Well too bad, i don't think there is enough of us that are crazy for ww2 style gear to mass produce it.

Modern throttle system could be well recived looking at growing space games and modern jet interest.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
2 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

I don't think this problem has an easy solution. Demand is not sufficient to support large production of specialized Great Patriotic War controllers. Although existing small operations offer excellent products, they suffer from limited stock, non-existent distribution, and prices that prohibit any real growth. 

It seems that only VR can change that. 

I agree!

1 hour ago, EagleEye said:

Sorry if that have been answered before: Will there be a standard edition of BoK when EA phase is over? And if yes, why can`t we preorder that?

To answer your question: Yes there will be a standard edition after early access ends. The devs have chosen not to allow preorder for this, most likely to gain as much money during the EA period. It has been like this since Battle of Moscow, and will continue with Battle of Kuban and Battle of Bodenplatte. On the other hand, they do offer the full expansion at a discounted price, so it is fair from my perspective. 

Edited by Lemsip
  • Like 1