Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

Will the Yak-1b be available in the new campaign/career mode?

Yes

Hi guys, I want to buy it before release but I need to know when its gonna be released. I know is delayed but I need an aproximate. Im looking forward to the new coop feature. Please answer Im dying!

Hi guys, I want to buy it before release but I need to know when its gonna be released. I know is delayed but I need an aproximate. Im looking forward to the new coop feature. Please answer Im dying!

Approximately by the end of Q1 2018.

Han, said they do their best to release it before end of Winter and End of Winter is in 8 days and before End of Winter is in 6 days.

Han, said they do their best to release it before end of Winter and End of Winter is in 8 days and before End of Winter is in 6 days.

Winter ends on March 20th which is during Q1 2018.

Winter ends on March 20th which is during Q1 2018.

Where? - not for Russia :P

->December, January and February are winter months

->March, April, May are spring months

http://speakworld.narod.ru/topic14.htm

So next week is End of Winter and Begin of Spring in Russia

Winter ends on March 20th

You're not being political there, are you Space_Ghost ?

:russian_ru::big_boss::scratch_one-s_head::clapping::banned: 

Where? - not for Russia :P

->December, January and February are winter months

->March, April, May are spring months

http://speakworld.narod.ru/topic14.htm

So next week is End of Winter and Begin of Spring in Russia

Hate to break this to you, but...spring starts in Russia on the same day as everyone else.

You're not being political there, are you Space_Ghost ?

:russian_ru::big_boss::scratch_one-s_head::clapping::banned:

LOL wut?  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

LOL wut? :rolleyes:

Are you not fluent in emoji, man ?

:tease::new_russian:;)

Hate to break this to you, but...spring starts in Russia on the same day as everyone else.

Same day as everyone else a new Mита :rofl:   -  I was in Sacramento bought the Calendar for 2018 there and there stands in black and white 20 March is the "First day of Spring".  :happy:

Meteorological speeking the Frst day of Spring is 1st March :big_boss:

Edited by Livai

Same day as everyone else a new Mита :rofl:   -  I was in Sacramento bought the Calendar for 2018 there and there stands in black and white 20 March is the "First day of Spring".  :happy:

Meteorological speeking the Frst day of Spring is 1st March :big_boss:

Having just had to build this into an application I can tell you that there is no global standardisation of seasonal dates - even in Met. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season

I am really looking forward to this addition. I already have BoS and BoM. Hope to purchase it soon. It will be interesting to fly a spitfire against a FW. I hope to get myself a VR set at some point soon too. Sounds like it is a nice addon. I wonder if it works well with trackIR?

Edited by racketyjack

Been announced that it'll release in the next 2-3 weeks so I would pick it up ASAP if I was you. That way you can at least save $10 with the preorder discount and fly the Spitfire and 190A5 the same day you pre-order. This, and most hardcore type sims, are designed to work well with TrackIR so I think that shouldn't be a concern. 

Works great in track ir and even better in VR!

There is one problem with VR, once you try it forget all other games you played on monitor. There is no going back!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Works great in track ir and even better in VR!

There is one problem with VR, once you try it forget all other games you played on monitor. There is no going back!

Agreed, VR makes this into another hobby, it can get expensive though, I ended up replacing my PC (i7 8700K and GTX 1080Ti now)

New pedals (Crosswinds) New joystick Virpil with extensions, New Throttle Warthog.

Ended up with an amazing setup. :)Image may contain: screen

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, motoadve said:

Agreed, VR makes this into another hobby, it can get expensive though, I ended up replacing my PC (i7 8700K and GTX 1080Ti now)

New pedals (Crosswinds) New joystick Virpil with extensions, New Throttle Warthog.

Ended up with an amazing setup. :)

Ohh yeah, I feel your pain...  added some good hardware along with 1080 Ti, new PC build next on the hit list for this year.

5 hours ago, motoadve said:

Ended up with an amazing setup. :)Image may contain: screen

I'm on i7 6700k, gtx1070 and rift.

I have vkb gunfighter, vkb mk4 pedals and still waiting their TECS throttle.

I almost went for warthog throttle but this poped up

MECS_v01_02.thumb.jpg.7ddb3223e193a64a61527b02a14caa3b.jpg

Just now, motoadve said:

Wow looks nice, is it already out for sale?

No, i think it's planned for summer!

• Upvote 1

I'll be ready to buy that ASAP. Was going to buy a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle but this looks more modular and a lower profile base. What I look forward to me most from VKB though is this  baby. No word on weather it will go into production or not. 

OYji7RK.thumb.jpg.b719fc57d297491bb7eb483a840f8c8d.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

I'll be ready to buy that ASAP. Was going to buy a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle but this looks more modular and a lower profile base. What I look forward to me most from VKB though is this  baby. No word on weather it will go into production or not. 

It looks lile cash register from 60's :P

Joke aside it is retro beautiful, if everything goes well i think it will be in my collection for sure.

Ho-lee-shit. Any guestimate on price for a 15 year old looking to buy it when I get a job (not bloomin' likely)

I really like the FW190 like throttle. But I'd definitely need a second throttle system for two- and three engine aircrafts.

6 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Please launch the update I am dying literally :salute:

So you don't care about the update because you will be literally dead?

I'm literally rushed off my feet. If I wasn't, this would be literally the most important thing in my life.

[Sadly, plotting how to swindle elderly relatives out of their money so I can afford a VR set-up is actually the most important thing in my life. Literally.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, Field-Ops said:

This design will never be produced. At least pretty sure they said so publicly previously. It was designed by me, yes me, when I used to work with VKB. Actually, I took their initial idea and made it the super amazing throttle I always wanted for WWII fighters. It was supposed to be either black, silver or interior green. This pic is a very old rendering of what I drew for them. 

The modern looking throttle also posted above also incorporates the modular idea I showed them for extending the range of buttons.

VKB had some real great ideas and momentum, but they can't get out of their own way and never solved their production issues it seems.

Hmm... well if they aren't going to make it should I? :biggrin: 

Jason 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Would be very expensive Trooper, but doable. My old images are somewhere, I should find them. I wanted a throttle that would literally eliminate the need for a keyboard for real without having to resort to switching modes to get the job done. Well, at least for WW2 era fighters. 

Jason 

• Upvote 7

That would be incredible...and likely out of my price range.

21 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

So you don't care about the update because you will be literally dead?

not yet, I have 10 days more to live after that I will be dead literally, I need to play a few hours to die in combat, so I can go to valhalla

8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Would be very expensive Trooper, but doable. My old images are somewhere, I should find them. I wanted a throttle that would literally eliminate the need for a keyboard for real without having to resort to switching modes to get the job done. Well, at least for WW2 era fighters. 

Jason 

I'd buy it as soon as the buy button appeared

20 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason 

How much expensive, i think 250-300+€ is not expensive for such piece of hardware.

If you have project ready why not to try.

For example look at Crosswind pedals, guy that produce them lives not far from me and he makes them by order number or on demand.

And it's not his primary source of money.

Maybe you don't need to produce large numbers at once and fill the stock, rather find some small company that could produce them when needed.

And being il2 producer you have guaranteed share on the market, not much marketing needed!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

On 3/6/2018 at 7:58 AM, SJ_Butcher said:

Please launch the update I am dying literally :salute:

Your post made me laugh :biggrin:

3 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

How much expensive, i think 250-300+€ is not expensive for such piece of hardware.

If you have project ready why not to try.

For example look at Crosswind pedals, guy that produce them lives not far from me and he makes them by order number or on demand.

Maybe you don't need to produce large numbers at once and fill the stock, rather find some small company that could produce them when needed.

And being il2 producer you have guaranteed share on the market, not much marketing needed!

In the quantities this would sell knowing how much it would cost to make such a throttle (custom molds and premium parts) your looking at $900-$1000 at least at the start. That price range would make it worthwhile and possible to actually mass produce and have margins enough to sell worldwide at major online retailers. 300 Euros is not a profitable price point for such a product.

Jason

4 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Unfortunately, these part-time manufacturers often have very poor availability. 

4 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

It's quite difficult to do this in the West without exorbitant costs.

I don't think this problem has an easy solution. Demand is not sufficient to support large production of specialized Great Patriotic War controllers. Although existing small operations offer excellent products, they suffer from limited stock, non-existent distribution, and prices that prohibit any real growth. 

It seems that only VR can change that. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, I don't have much interest in VR, I don't really want one, I'd rather have a properly thought out out controller system for propeller driven aircraft thanks!

• Upvote 1