Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

Will BoS owners be able to fly on the Kuban map in MP?
Stupid question, but I do not yet know how it is done in this game.

Best,

Jag

Will BoS owners be able to fly on the Kuban map in MP?

Stupid question, but I do not yet know how it is done in this game.

Best,

Jag

Based on the current system, yes.

I dont expect any changes to that MP model in the future.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

That's great news!

Thank you so much.

Best,

Jag

Just one sidenote there. You are somewhat dependent on the MP server. MP servers usually keep all older planes available as there campaign moves to the next map. This doesn't work the other way around. If you own only BOK, you will probably will not fly on the Moscow map a lot. 

Grt M

• Upvote 1

That's absolutely fine. I'd get BOS first anyway (thanks to Steam's strange DLC / base game system).

Best,

Jag

That's absolutely fine. I'd get BOS first anyway (thanks to Steam's strange DLC / base game system).

Best,

Jag

I'd buy it from 777/1CGS directly so they don't get cut out in the middle and you don't have to hassle with Steam's DLC policies.

• Upvote 1

That's a good point.
However, I still have some Steam wallet money to spend and I like Steam for accepting Paysafecards.
Furthermore,  I like to have my games organised via Steam. 

However, I never understood why BOM is treated as a DLC to BOS on Steam (which requires BOS in the first place!)

Best,

Jag

That's a good point.

However, I still have some Steam wallet money to spend and I like Steam for accepting Paysafecards.

Furthermore, I like to have my games organised via Steam.

However, I never understood why BOM is treated as a DLC to BOS on Steam (which requires BOS in the first place!)

Best,

Jag

If you have BOS in steam you can add the rest through the official site and still get all updates through steam. Win win (except for the paysafecards). Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 2

Is it possible to buy collector planes without owning the base version? For example I only have BoS could I just buy the Spit without BoK?

Definitely not before the official release of BOK. But I think it is possible after the release.

Is it possible to buy collector planes without owning the base version? For example I only have BoS could I just buy the Spit without BoK?

It would be a pity not to buy BoK though! Great map, awesome planeset, shipping...

Is the Career Mode exclusive to BoK too ? don't forget to mention the Career Mode :)

Is the Career Mode exclusive to BoK too ? don't forget to mention the Career Mode :)

Career is coming for all titles. Highlight of this years releases for me  :)

It would be a pity not to buy BoK though! Great map, awesome planeset, shipping...

I only have BoS currently, but looking at which Map/Collectors to get next. I would buy BoK right now if I had the money. Though it is my birthday at the end of the month.

if only I didn't have a wfie, kids, dog house etc.... :D

• Upvote 1

I only have BoS currently, but looking at which Map/Collectors to get next. I would buy BoK right now if I had the money. Though it is my birthday at the end of the month.

if only I didn't have a wfie, kids, dog house etc.... :D

Do you have a local coal mine or textile mill? Put those kids to work! 

Took the plunge, needed the Spitfire in my life

edit: how come BOM not showing?

Edited by Raptorman0

If i buy now BoK, can i use all the planes right after i purchase it ( for BoS / BoM maps ) ?

Edited by Avyx

If i buy now BoK, can i use all the planes right after i purchase it ( for BoS / BoM maps ) ?

Yes!

Edit: planes which are ready, the rest until end of the year (release of BOK)

Edited by Voidhunger

And which planes are ready ?

By the way, i'd like to order the Spitfire, also

Do i have to order it, separately ?

Thank you

You can buy IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban - Premium Edition (with two collector planes - Spit and Hs-129 B-2)

or

wait for the release and buy standard version without collector planes and buy Spit separately

These planes are ready: Bf 109 G-4, Fw 190 A-5, Bf 110 G-2, He 111 H-16, IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943), Spitfire Mk.VВ (collector plane)

Edited by Voidhunger

Fw 190 A-5, Bf 110 G-2, Spitfire Mk.VВ 

These alone make it worth it already! :-)

Edited by 1CAG_Fenris_Wolf

And there I went and purchased BoK ))

Now if only Next Gen VR would hit and I had money to buy it, hat views are a bit of work when in combat.  Oh that and some decent rudder pedals. ;)

Thanks, Voidhunger

And the BoK final release is in December, right ? We can't play some alpha release, earlier ?

Are there some videos about BoK ( details, map, changelog, etc )  ??

Thanks, Voidhunger

And the BoK final release is in December, right ? We can't play some alpha release, earlier ?

By December the BoK package should be complete, however, those who pre-ordered it can use the aircraft and any other parts as they are released through the development phase in the updates, the latest released the Spitfire for those who pre-ordered.

So, at the moment if you have BoK pre-ordered you can fly the Spitfire, however, the Kuban map is not ready yet and the development team has said it could be August and will be released in the next update.

As far as I know unless you have actually pre-ordered BoK those items for it will not be available to you except maybe as AI, you will have to wait for the full release. ;)

The regular developer diaries each week give information as to what stage the development plan is up to.

Hope that helps.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  :biggrin:

Thanks, Voidhunger

You can play all items that have been released in the development process, so to say you are plying BoK in beta until it is complete. The Kuban Map will likely arrive in 6 weeks.

OK,  I'm back with

BOK ordered! and

BOM (40% disc)  :P

Have been away from platform for about a year. Went back to BOS chapter 3 last week & been seduced!  BOK now paid for & been trying out Spit & A5...

Thank you & when can we expect the P39?

Have been away from platform for about a year. Went back to BOS chapter 3 last week & been seduced!  BOK now paid for & been trying out Spit & A5...

Thank you & when can we expect the P39?

In november... :(

• Upvote 1

BoK premium preorders keep growing up, and the map (and other contents) isn't released yet... :)

Looks promising for BoK future (and hopefully Pacific expansion)... :cool:

Cheers,

Can't seem to find anything about how to install BOK planes in pre-order?   Have BOS on steam, do I need to download and install these games outside of steam for the time being?   How are people flying BOK planes already?   Thanks

Can't seem to find anything about how to install BOK planes in pre-order?   Have BOS on steam, do I need to download and install these games outside of steam for the time being?   How are people flying BOK planes already?   Thanks

If you've properly activated the keys in your il2sturmovik.com profile they should show up in your BOS client automagically.

There aren't any standalone versions/executables to install: no IL-2 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 or beta versions of each.  :lol:

^ Space Ghost yes both keys looks active in my profile but I'm wondering if you have to do a separate install outside of steam?   The key for BOK does not work on steam as I expected.   Running BOS off steam , so just trying to figure out the proper way now to integrate what part of BOK is out already in to it.   Thanks

Edit * - I'm obviously missing instructions somewhere right in front of my eyes, but I can't find any on how this works.

Edited by AcesHigh

^ Space Ghost yes both keys looks active in my profile but I'm wondering if you have to do a separate install outside of steam?   The key for BOK does not work on steam as I expected.   Running BOS off steam , so just trying to figure out the proper way now to integrate what part of BOK is out already in to it.   Thanks

Edit * - I'm obviously missing instructions somewhere right in front of my eyes, but I can't find any on how this works.

You don't need to activate the key via Steam.

I run BOS off Steam as well (I swapped my key years back when it was available) and as long as the content is activated on il2sturmovik.com it should appear in your standard copy of BOS.

There are no separate client versions to download and install - it all integrates under the same account - Steam, website, 3rd party - doesn't matter who sold the key, the licenses/content all reside in your account and are delivered as a single client version whether you own BOS/BOM/BOK or any combination of the three.

Edited by Jason_Williams

^^ Thanks I just tried my BOS game on steam and sure enough the spit was there.   I now see that it must have used my logon to determine my content.   I tried to through 21 pages of people saying I pre-ordered, but agree I could not find this info despite looking.   A sticky with the title I just pre-ordered BOK how do I get the content or something similar would have been helpful yes.   Thanks again for the help ghost.  

• Upvote 1

Anybody else feel like the Spitfire engine sounds don't sound as robust and hearty as in COD? Granted, I do like the boost-cutout sound, which was lacking in COD all together.

Anybody else feel like the Spitfire engine sounds don't sound as robust and hearty as in COD? Granted, I do like the boost-cutout sound, which was lacking in COD all together.

Ive had the luxury of hearing a few spits in my time but i never get that feeling of *that* engine noise in BoX with the Spit. That said, I've never flown one in real life either! 

friend of mine from Air Warrior days posted a video of him flyin his 109 ..

I have been gone awhile from air combat sims and the graphics, sound, immersive look and feel just captured me.

Just from the video.

It has been years since I have looked at flying online .. now ..

..I spent the last few days watching some of the video's posted on youtube ..Zetexa just enthralled me with the stories told.

The 'game' has me.

I look forward to flying this simulation for years to come.

Unfortunately I am very retired now and disposable income is nowhere near what it was when I was working for a living ..

..I beleive I will be ordering thru Steam in November. :)

See you in the skies *after I get past the interface* and 'into' flying :)

• Upvote 1