Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

Sinned - you don't know what you don't know.

We are going to the Pacific for a few reasons - many of us have been around long enough to know why. Sales is certainly a factor but as SG said - it's not that black and white.

With Jason taking the helm we were going to the Pacifc - period. That's a good thing.

Gambit21,

I am answering to why we are not doing Kursk, and less about why Pacific.  Though two decisions are very linked, relatively low sales of BOM compared to BOS is a clear indication of dwindling money interest in the Eastern theatre.

I am also expressing my view here which would be a fair assessment considering they include following numerous posts/discussions about next choice of theatre (pre-BOK), Jason's comments, attendance of 4Q 2016 Q/A session over TS.  

When I am in discussion with another sim member whose opinion differs from mine, I stay very far from underpinning my arguments driven by my own pride - "I have been actively engaged in CFS community with original Falcon which dates back to 1986, that would be x number of years of simming more than you... so your knowledge is abc".  I trust you do know this kind only undermines argument points.  

I can give you a list here why dev is not considering Kursk, and why pacific, but it is a no brainer.  It was stated over many occasions, so I don't need to repeat here.  

Bottom line of all the reasons why not any other theatre but Pacific - if you run a business, and have bills and staff to pay, it is quite black and white.  

My personal take of going to Pacific is very smart, and I am very excited. 

It amazes me when I see some argue that Pacific is a bad choice of theatre because some polls in this forum have indicated highest vote for Med.  It amazes me because people fail to see that poll does suffer from very evident bias sampling.

If you participated in the poll, likely you have purchased one of the Eastern theatre release.  It does not capture potential polls that decided not to buy BOS/BOM because it is not of their choice theatre.  

Of course, there would be those who decided not to buy BOS/BOM because it is not Med theatre, but what is the probable size of potential Med theatre buyers vs Pacific theatre buyers who did not buy BOS/BOM?  

Success of Pacific Fighter release should provide a good indication.  I for one, bot 2 copies of BOK, BOM, BOS and other premium planes to support the devs, so one day, I will fly off of a carrier and personally shoot you down in MP while thanking you for your planned Pacific SP campaigns.  Cheers.

Right back when BoS was in beta long before release Loft and I think Han referenced Pacific in the future, and Jason has always been a fan, it is not a big surprise, they even mentioned Okinawa as a possible Campaign, this back in 2014

Cheers Dakpilot

Cant wait to see how they do the Carriers vs what they did in the past.

Edited by ToxicLeif

Is BoK finished, guys?

If i purchase it today, can I play?

if you purchase today you can play the 109 G-4 and 110 G-2 in addition to the BoM stuff you own

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Not even close to done. However, if you buy it now you will be able to fly the new planes as they are rolled out. For example, today they released a 1943 version of the 110. If you buy BoK you can fly it today.

Also, you will be helping keep the sim going!

Ghost, credence of a reader's view of products' direction from a profit driven firm has low correlation as your discrediting opinion due to their "fresh pair of eyes".

As an analogy, if you have been riding on a misaligned bicyle for 2-3yrs, your senses may have likely to adjust to the misalignment and it rides like it should.

Someone comes to you, ride your ride few times, and say your ride needs tweaks and ride is getting modified due to xyz, would you tell him/her "you only rode for less than a year, and I rode for 2 3 years. I think your reasoning for repair is weak"?

I have been following your posts with keen interest even b4 I registered on this forum. Your logic is better than this.

You would know this, in the eyes of an organization in a capitalistic society, all that defamation and drama in this forum as well as simhq, utube and steam comment section matters only when sales are low.

If BOM sales were high relative to BOs, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Are you an American or Japanese? If so, I would understand the want for a game set in the pacific, but remember, the Med had a vibrant ground war with targets we can actually kill(tanks, trucks, halftracks), and also has carriers. Also, I do find your tone very disrespectful and rude, and unacceptable. I am only 14 years old, yet I do not go around scolding others because the British are still not ingame, or belittle others to demand better AI and more ground action(but these would be nice in the new career mode).

Are you an American or Japanese? If so, I would understand the want for a game set in the pacific, .

Check your assumptions at the door.

Most of us are interested in theaters that have nothing to do with our nationality.

I'm American, but it's the Japanese aircraft that I'm attracted to most in the Pacific. I also enjoy Eastern Front aircraft and love the 109's and 190's as much as the next guy - but enough already. Kuban will be fantastic but after that going elsewhere, especially the Pacific was the right move.

I'm not a particular fan of the Pacific theatre but it is time for something different and Pacific is about as different as you can get.   To tell the truth though, I'm already starting to sweat thinking about a carrier landing in this game! :o:

... I'm already starting to sweat thinking about a carrier landing in this game! :o:

I can't wait! I'm going to be rear-ending carriers for days. Looking forward to making a video like this...

I think carrier landings will be easier in this game than they were in others before. :) One of the things I always loved the most..

Edited by 216th_Jordan

Is BoK finished, guys?

If i purchase it today, can I play?

They expect that BoK will be finished in December of 2017, however, if you pre-order now you'll get the content that is already finished and you'll get each new piece of content as its released.

So far we have the Bf109G-4 and the Bf110G-2 with the He111H-16 due next month. By mid-summer we'll very likely have the FW190A-5 and the Spitfire V along with the new Kuban map.

Will the system requirements be the same as for Battle of Staligad ?

Yeah I would assume so, it's the same game just more content. They're continuously improving the game and the flight model, but not in any ways so major it should affect the system requirements.

Will the system requirements be the same as for Battle of Staligad ?

Yep, if you have BoS then this will just be treated as add on content. You'll access BoM and BoK through the BoS game. It will be the same for Midway. 

It could very well be, that the new maps have higher system requirements though, at least on RoF the channel map with the new water engine ran a good bit worse than the western front map. And both the BoK and Midway maps will use the water engine. Also the devs stated that they use new technology with the BoK map apart from the water engine.

It could very well be, that the new maps have higher system requirements though, at least on RoF the channel map with the new water engine ran a good bit worse than the western front map. And both the BoK and Midway maps will use the water engine. Also the devs stated that they use new technology with the BoK map apart from the water engine.

Matt has right, the system requirement evolved for RoF (at the begining you can play with a core2duo, but after an update, you have to switch to a core2quad), because they had new technologie, as they did with the graphic engine for Bos. The RoF engine has some add which improve graphic effect and other features, but which use more ressource. So it could be possible that it will be the same for BoK. And Matt give a very good exemple talking about the chanel map on RoF. That map had some new technology and features such has boats, submarine which can dive. The sea is not flat. So the channel map take more ressource than the original one. So wait and see, an do not buy a PC thinking that it will be ok for  a game which is not release.

Done  hope BOK have career mode like RoF and better AI

It will have that kind of career mode, and it includes Stalingrad, Moscow and Kuban. Very much looking forward to it  :joy: .

AI has been improved almost in every patch they released, latest one is a good example. Many improvements making AI fly better. Of course AI still needs some work but it`s doing decent job most of the times.

Preordered! Gimme Gimme Gimme that P-39  :yahoo:  :dance:  :fly:  :joy:

Pretty excited about the P-39 as well! It'll be interesting to get it into the series!

Also... we'll go from zero to two tricycle gear aircraft in a span of a few months of development. After landing so many tail draggers this should be a nice change!

• Upvote 2

People are spending money on much useless and worthless things than good flight sims.

So if I have some spare money I don't see a reason why shouldn't I spend it on something that will give me a lot of fun.

In short words - I bought Kuban already.

Regards

Pretty excited about the P-39 as well! It'll be interesting to get it into the series!

Also... we'll go from zero to two tricycle gear aircraft in a span of a few months of development. After landing so many tail draggers this should be a nice change!

I feel that landing those planes will be sooo boringly easy compared to some of the current fighters (Mig-3 cough cough) :biggrin:

P-39 should be quite unstable/ very agile because its engine is almost over its CG. In old Sturmovik that was very useful when pulling leadshots :)

Ordered.

Now let's see if I'm getting my three bars by my name.

See, even we from the provinces can chip in our widows mite to help push the project!

Well done, Devs.

Ordered.

Now let's see if I'm getting my three bars by my name.

See, even we from the provinces can chip in our widows mite to help push the project!

Well done, Devs.

Welcome aboard! 

You've definitely got 3 bars under the name now!

I also got on board and got my early access, I wonder how many we are already ....  :)

I can hardly wait to see the new water and the new map with mountains!

Probably, I guess we´ll get a Barbarossa expansion eventually with DB3, I15, Hs123, Do17Z or Do217 etc.

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

why cant I use FW 190 A5 now in quick campaign? Not available yet?

You certainly can use the A5 in quick missions, but not in campaign missions.

why cant I use FW 190 A5 now in quick campaign? Not available yet?

Campaign is bound to the year those campaigns took place and the aircraft that took part in them. Youl notice you cant use BoS planes except the Bf109F4 and HE-111 H6 in the BoM campaign but you can use just about all of the BoM planes in the BoS campaign. Once the BoK campaign is released youl be able to use the planeset in its campaign. For now the regular quick mission move will have to fulfill your desires. 

@Developers & Community

As an addicted to the series I will be satified with nearly any new Scenario ;)

Of course it would be very nice to see the Mediterranean theatre, but the Pacific is something stunning, hoping to give developers the opportunity to have also a Scandinavian future (Norway, the Winter war in Finland).

ROF is a platform which is living to its additions sponsored by the community and I hope IL2 could match this also in the future. Interesting for my would be also what happened to the upcoming graphical developments? Is there a possibility the engine could develop too, keeping up with possible enhancements?

Way to go, but I'm exited :)

Edited by GOZR

I pre-ordered a while back, the plane that excites me the most is the HS129.

Cheers

Aces

• Upvote 1

Just ordered BoK.

Just ordered BoK.

Congrats!

Congrats!

• Upvote 4

Well at least it wasn't a double post. Though I have no idea why it repeated my comment. 1C got all excited at my purchase?

Guest deleted@30725

Well at least it wasn't a double post. Though I have no idea why it repeated my comment. 1C got all excited at my purchase?

You loved it so much you brought it twice?