Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo everyone,

first of all thank you Jason and team for new direction you are going with this game/ simulator. I was conserned how it was before. Reading the announcing battle of Kuban gave me goosebumps in a positiv way :good: and hope, thats the reason i pre-ordered. I used to play Il2 1946 from almost the beginning and i loved it. Been years out of flying but always was reading the forums (including banana forum with Oleg). I m trying to bring friends to the party and will buy Tante Ju next month.

• Upvote 1

Hallo everyone,

first of all thank you Jason and team for new direction you are going with this game/ simulator. I was conserned how it was before. Reading the announcing battle of Kuban gave me goosebumps in a positiv way :good: and hope, thats the reason i pre-ordered. I used to play Il2 1946 from almost the beginning and i loved it. Been years out of flying but always was reading the forums (including banana forum with Oleg). I m trying to bring friends to the party and will buy Tante Ju next month.

Hi, welcome. A few word about the Ju52, if you can, buy it today, because it's in pre order and the price is cheaper (19.99$). after the release, the price will go to the normal price which is higher (24.99$). Why buying it today, because the release will be monday 19 december which is tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I m trying to bring friends to the party and will buy Tante Ju next month.

You might want to add your name to the Ju-52 Key gift thread. I'm gifting 4 BoK and 4 Ju-52 keys for Christmas. Be sure to go to the proper thread and let me know.  :excl:

Thanks Habu. I will not be able to fly for a long time because i don't have a pc that can run this game/simulator, so I have to save up money for a long time to buy me a pc next year around Oktober. But that is not so bad for me, i can wait. My point is to support the team and our hobby. So it is better to pay 24.99$ for Tante Ju than 19.99$

so the team get s 5$ more ;-)

I would suggest to buy this game directly on the il2 site and not over STEAM, cause the Devs will get more Money. If you publish something on STEAM, you have to pay a Tribute to this platform.

So @ all People who wants to buy this game, do it over the official il2 site!

I would suggest to buy this game directly on the il2 site and not over STEAM, cause the Devs will get more Money. If you publish something on STEAM, you have to pay a Tribute to this platform.

So @ all People who wants to buy this game, do it over the official il2 site!

A blood tribute to GabeN, you say?

Around November did this preorder come with the Ju52?

I seem to remember it did. 

The Ju-52 and BoK early access were planned to be released at the same time with patch 2.06 (and have been), but as said the Ju-52 (and Yak-1b) is an independant purchase from BoK or any module

you can see which A/C are included with BoK here

https://il2sturmovik.com/about/

If you buy budget version the Spitfire MkVb and Hs-129 are available separately, they are included in "premium version"

Cheers Dakpilot

I prepaid Kuban, does the 10 days of Autumn come with that too?

No. BoK comes with a Kuban map (Career Mode for it) and 10 planes. 

10 days of Autumn is a Scripted Campaign that can be bought (BoM needed). 

Can't give you the link now, but just go to the il2 store and you will find all the items with descriptions there.

• 3 weeks later...

As I read the bf-110 g2 will come to all, who preordered BoK in January. According to the wikipedia entry of the bf-110 g2, it has optional 2x mk108 instead of 4x mg17.  So 2 x 30mm (120/135 rounds) plus 2 x 20mm (2 x 750 rounds). This is gonna be a lot of fun.

As I read the bf-110 g2 will come to all, who preordered BoK in January. According to the wikipedia entry of the bf-110 g2, it has optional 2x mk108 instead of 4x mg17.  So 2 x 30mm (120/135 rounds) plus 2 x 20mm (2 x 750 rounds). This is gonna be a lot of fun.

I don't know if it's going to have the 30mms... what is for sure is an extra 37mm or double 20mm gunpod.

It was stated, that the MK108 appeared later on the eastern front, so we won't see it.

BTW two 20mm guns had only one time 750 rounds, 350 for the right and 400 for the left gun. But additional two 20mm guns in gunpods with 200 rounds each, should be a nice addition of firepower. And I really look forward for the 3.7cm gun for tank hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what the time frame of the Kuban campaign will be?  I'm assuming 1943?  Whatever the time frame is will there be winter maps on multiplayer?  Not really a big fan of those. 

Hi Baer,

In the career assistance section they mention.

Kuban: 17.apr.1943 .. 09.oct.1943

So probaly no wintermap, but a summermap for sure, and maybe a spring map.

Grt M

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

If I understand well, with battle of Kuban we'll see the end of eastern front and we'll go to Pacific front. One problem for me: battle of Kursk is missing. The battle took place in 1943, so why not add one of the most important battle of the WWII ? I understand that it is not a long battle like Stalingrad or Moscow, but I think it's a must have to add it to BoK.

Second think, I hope that previous BoS and BoM planes will be available in BoK, because actually BoS planes are not available in BoM.

If I understand well, with battle of Kuban we'll see the end of eastern front and we'll go to Pacific front. One problem for me: battle of Kursk is missing. The battle took place in 1943, so why not add one of the most important battle of the WWII ? I understand that it is not a long battle like Stalingrad or Moscow, but I think it's a must have to add it to BoK.

Second think, I hope that previous BoS and BoM planes will be available in BoK, because actually BoS planes are not available in BoM.

Because the air battle of Kursk was only a minute fraction of what was going on down below.

Also, why would many of the BOS aircraft be available in BOM when the specific variants/series didn't even exist during that timeframe?

Edited by 4./JG52_Space_Ghost

I'd like to see Kursk modeled at some point too. The reasons for Kuban are numerous but they have to do with development as well as user interest. The devs known that the userbase is interested in seeing something other than the Eastern Front added to the mix and that the western audience would like to see more familiar planes. So Kursk is a good in-between point.

• It follows chronologically after Stalingrad
  • It was a large significant battle that lasted a long time over the same map area
  • It saw widespread use of lend-lease aircraft from Western nations (the P-39 especially but also the A-20 and the Spitfire)
  • It featured naval combat (a rarity on the eastern front) which is good for variety sake but VERY important for development sake

Essentially... Kuban is a stepping off point into the Pacific. Technologies will be in development and partially finished for Kuban that can be turned around and used on Midway. Midway will need even more development time on sea technology (and carrier technology) so this makes a lot of sense.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

One possible explanation is that some players are tired of the Eastern Front and want to move on to other theatres and planesets.

Money speaks. If BOM sold well, it would have indicated more consumer interest in Eastern front.

Poor sales of BOM relative to BOS direct devs to the Pacific.

Money speaks. If BOM sold well, it would have indicated more consumer interest in Eastern front.

Poor sales of BOM relative to BOS direct devs to the Pacific.

I don't necessarily believe that this was the case.

Many of us have been on these forums going on 3-4 years and I, for one, can tell you that it's simply not as black and white as that.

I don't necessarily believe that this was the case.

Many of us have been on these forums going on 3-4 years and I, for one, can tell you that it's simply not as black and white as that.

Money is black and white. Forecast of sales based on past product(s)'s specific targetted audience sales is a heavy factor of next product's direction.

I respect your view, but it is quite clear from business perspective.

Why do you think then dev is not considering BOKursk?

Money is black and white. Forecast of sales based on past product(s)'s specific targetted audience sales is a heavy factor of next product's direction.

I respect your view, but it is quite clear from business perspective.

Why do you think then dev is not considering BOKursk?

Because Kursk was a large scale ground offensive where the aerial battle only accounted for a small fraction of what was going on.

You've been on these forums less than a year - if you were here to witness the slandering, the defamation, the review brigading, the outright purposeful misrepresentation of information, the toxic personality/ego battles, etc. that took place because a number of users/squadrons didn't get their way right away than you would know that it isn't black and white... It has never been black and white.

The game has evolved a lot in the short time you've been a community member - Loft stepped down, Jason stepped up, an emphasis was given to improving PR, team members have come and gone, the entire direction of the product changed, the apparent target audience changed... This had more to do with the foundation of the product and its features and less so to do with the next choice of theater...

I also respect your opinion. As a community, we're glad to have you here and we're glad you decided to join the journey that we've all been following for years. Here's to a better future for IL-2.

• Upvote 4

Ghost, credence of a reader's view of products' direction from a profit driven firm has low correlation as your discrediting opinion due to their "fresh pair of eyes".

As an analogy, if you have been riding on a misaligned bicyle for 2-3yrs, your senses may have likely to adjust to the misalignment and it rides like it should.

Someone comes to you, ride your ride few times, and say your ride needs tweaks and ride is getting modified due to xyz, would you tell him/her "you only rode for less than a year, and I rode for 2 3 years. I think your reasoning for repair is weak"?

I have been following your posts with keen interest even b4 I registered on this forum. Your logic is better than this.

You would know this, in the eyes of an organization in a capitalistic society, all that defamation and drama in this forum as well as simhq, utube and steam comment section matters only when sales are low.

If BOM sales were high relative to BOs, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

• Upvote 1

Sinned - you don't know what you don't know.

We are going to the Pacific for a few reasons - many of us have been around long enough to know why. Sales is certainly a factor but as SG said - it's not that black and white.

With Jason taking the helm we were going to the Pacifc - period. That's a good thing.

One idea : why developers doesn´t release La-5 FN? It looks almost exactly as La-5, but have 200 h.p. more?  I presume that adding the thrust to motor wouldn´t be too difficult, if all other parts of plane are identical... Of course, I have no idea how it is done, so excuse me for my ignorance.

• Upvote 1