Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

will i receive the Steam key already with beginning of the early access or how will it work? Cause so far i only have BOS/BOM on steam.

No. If you want the Steam key that will happen when its officially launched in a year or so. However since the game key is tied to your game account you will have access from the beginning.

On a side note: You dont need a steam key for this anymore, since you will load all the purchases from your account when the game is launched and you have to login. So with a single product activated on Steam, you will have access to all the modules. By doing this the devs will not have to give you a new steam key, so they save money.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

No. If you want the Steam key that will happen when its officially launched in a year or so. However since the game key is tied to your game account you will have access from the beginning.

On a side note: You dont need a steam key for this anymore, since you will load all the purchases from your account when the game is launched and you have to login. So with a single product activated on Steam, you will have access to all the modules. By doing this the devs will not have to give you a new steam key, so they save money.

So that counts for all games and the collector planes? Thats nice!

Picked up BOK today, even though I've spent more time in other sims this year.. I still like where Jason and crew are going with this. :salute:

Ok. I helped found BOS but havent really gotten around to play it a lot, despite being an excellent game. However, after getting back into simming for a while now I have been waiting for BOS to get Rift support as like many others, I cant really go back now.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but my question is: once BoK releases, will also BoS and BoM be updated to dx11, and hence getting VR support? Will they be joined into one common executable? I really want to support you devs, but I need to know this beafore leaping in. Cheers..

It is all one big game with one game engine.

I thought it would be pretty obvious but I guess not...

I thought it would be pretty obvious but I guess not...

So what did you hope to achieve with this comment? Belittling me? If you didnt read my comment I said that "I'm pretty sure I know the answer...", but thats what CONFIRMING is all about. For me its quite important that also BoS will get VR support, if I'm going to jump on this train. This obviously requires either a unified or updated executable, but doesnt neccessarily require it for playing mp across executables. I even searched quite a bit before posting, but could not find an answer.

I suggest that if you got nothing to contribute with, then please just keep your thoughts for yourself.

Also, thanks Yogiflight.

• Upvote 1

Meh, I caved in and pre ordered. For the spitfire and midway.

So what did you hope to achieve with this comment? Belittling me? If you didnt read my comment I said that "I'm pretty sure I know the answer...", but thats what CONFIRMING is all about. For me its quite important that also BoS will get VR support, if I'm going to jump on this train. This obviously requires either a unified or updated executable, but doesnt neccessarily require it for playing mp across executables. I even searched quite a bit before posting, but could not find an answer.

I suggest that if you got nothing to contribute with, then please just keep your thoughts for yourself.

Also, thanks Yogiflight.

You'll find a lot of that kind of behaviour around here I'm afraid. You'll also find a lot of helpful folk too. It all balances out in the end.

Also, thanks Yogiflight.

Not directed at you. That is just the same question that is answered quite a lot all over the forum. I was more mentioning it's apparently not as obvious as it should be. Probably needs to be put in big letters somewhere on the main site. Jason said the site will be updated. Just not top priority for a while. Maybe after things slow a bit between BoK and BoMidway. Probably until then they will still have to rely on people in the forum to inform people of the fact. :)

Well... I had to sell my mother into slavery and promise my firstborn's soul to Satan, but at least I can afford to pre order now. ;)

Well... I had to sell my mother into slavery and promise my firstborn's soul to Satan, but at least I can afford to pre order now. ;)

Small price to pay. (I sold my mother into slavery for BoM...)

There! Preordered as well. Looking forward to getting back into action. Will wait until VR is implemented. This will be friggin' awesome. Btw, no other game has ww2 air to ground action which feels this good, which is a big plus in my book. Good luck and Godspeed devs.

Small price to pay. (I sold my mother into slavery for BoM...)

I had no more family members to sell so I had to kidnap the postman for Bok. Worth it!

• Upvote 1

post-467-0-18991900-1478443322_thumb.jpg

You are very welcome!

The release of the ju52 makes me very happy!

You are doing a wonderful work, keep going!

May the force be with you!

Edited by Neil

How long there will be preorder of BOK? I cant afford it this month :angry:

I need to wait to 12.12.

How long there will be preorder of BOK? I cant afford it this month :angry:

I need to wait to 12.12.

The preorder program usually runs until release.

The preorder program usually runs until release.

I dont think so. It will end in December with the first release of Bok content. I hope that it will be after my payday.

I dont think so. It will end in December with the first release of Bok content. I hope that it will be after my payday.

That would make little sense. I am not sure of course but even if it would be like this I think you are safe with 12.12.

I can not see anyone stopping this before christmas ;)

I am a CUSTOMER:

I would be delighted to buy BOK - I've already spent 240$ (1 gifted BOS) + Yak1b + JU52 on this sim and would gift/buy more if the sim bugs could be fixed instead of new "fancy" content.

There are problems which prevent me from "donating" (weird thinking from my opinion @Jason) into this sim, which need to be fixed before I "DONATE MORE":

• MP performance - ~60 players on MP server is lame ....
  • 10km drawing distance -  really, I now now how my goldfish feels
  • FM & DM fixes are pending while new "shiny" content is "developed"

Apparently this is some sort of gamble between "customer needs" and "some other needs" (which are unclear to me). Maybe the market targeted in this sim is somewhat different from I am familiar with?? Maybe the 100$ is not worth 6000 RUB???

So once developers introduce bug fixes instead of fancy nice "skins, unfinished planes, eye candy, grass" I would be delighted to pay "tens of thousands RUB", which is the currency you are apparently looking for ...

Go read The Machine that Changed the World ... basics ...

• Upvote 8

I am a CUSTOMER:

I would be delighted to buy BOK - I've already spent 240$ (1 gifted BOS) + Yak1b + JU52 on this sim and would gift/buy more if the sim bugs could be fixed instead of new "fancy" content.

There are problems which prevent me from "donating" (weird thinking from my opinion @Jason) into this sim, which need to be fixed before I "DONATE MORE":

• MP performance - ~60 players on MP server is lame ....
  • 10km drawing distance -  really, I now now how my goldfish feels
  • FM & DM fixes are pending while new "shiny" content is "developed"

Apparently this is some sort of gamble between "customer needs" and "some other needs" (which are unclear to me). Maybe the market targeted in this sim is somewhat different from I am familiar with?? Maybe the 100$ is not worth 6000 RUB???

So once developers introduce bug fixes instead of fancy nice "skins, unfinished planes, eye candy, grass" I would be delighted to pay "tens of thousands RUB", which is the currency you are apparently looking for ...

Go read The Machine that Changed the World ... basics ...

And where did I ask for a donation? If you don't like what we build, feel free not to purchase. I've said this a million times. You're posts are getting quite combative. Please tone it down.

Jason

• Upvote 2

And where did I ask for a donation? If you don't like what we build, feel free not to purchase.

Jason

OK - understood.

And where did I ask for a donation? If you don't like what we build, feel free not to purchase. I've said this a million times. Youre posts are getting quite combative. Please tone it down.

Jason

Yes, that is the way company should work. Probably the main reason you are all doing this is money, you are the company, and no matter what the company is doing it must get profit, simple as that. So when you say, "If you don't like it, don't pay" you look down upon your customers. "I made this game I don't need you", well you know the problem is that YES you need us, because without us you won't get your money for future development! So maybe when people complain about something you should consider that they might be right?

Really guys, the game was realased in 2013, and it took you 3 years to understand that people get low fps on their pcs and not everone have rig for 5000$, and we are finally gonna get dx11 but we still don't know for sure when and will it change anything. But of course there was no problem for adding battle of moscov and announce yak-1b/ju-52/BoK. Yey great we get more planes, but are unable to play the game on stable fps, yeah everyone is happy about that.

• Upvote 4

So, if the butcher sells some meat you don't like you b*itch about it as much as you do here. or you move on and buy some other meat?

I just do not understand the grief. If your system is too weak to play this game, update or don't play. It's not that difficult.

So, if the butcher sells some meat you don't like you b*itch about it as much as you do here. or you move on and buy some other meat?

I just do not understand the grief. If your system is too weak to play this game, update or don't play. It's not that difficult.

Well, to be honest there aren't many butchers making world war 2 meat simulators nowadays..

it took you 3 years to understand that people get low fps on their pcs and not everone have rig for 5000$

It doesn't take anywhere near $5000 to be able to run this game properly.

yeah everyone is happy about that.

I'm happy with the game.  It runs very well for me on my now ancient system.

I am a CUSTOMER ...

It doesn't take anywhere near $5000 to be able to run this game properly.

Pls, as a Moderator Luke, do not disorient my comments ...

Edited by LeLv8_Otto

Pls, as a Moderator Luke, do not disorient my comments ...

For one, I'm not a moderator, and secondly, I'm not distorting anything you are saying, especially since I wasn't even replying to your comment. 

Well, I hope you hear the voice of the CUSTOMER in the end ...

This indicates you know nothing of Jason and how he as kicked and scratched to get us what we've been asking for, nor are you paying attention to where we were and where we're going thanks to Jason.

Your "donate" remarks are nonsensical (that's me using a nicer word than you deserve) and Jason's reply was far more patient than you deserve considering the response that you're frankly asking for.

Wicher - my workstation cost me just under 2k and runs the sim perfectly - get a grip.

• Upvote 4