Jason_Williams

Discussion of Battle of Kuban Pre-Order

$6.99 for a few new planes and a new map, yes.

$69.99 for a few new planes and a new map, hell no.

Hi Rhino, You might remember me as Le0ne, nice to see you again.

I take it you still fond in COD by the example you kindly showed us. However 6,99 $ for a commercial supported game  would mean very cheap labor , probably from Bangladesh and a average age of 6 years. It would also mean a considerable lack of competence in programming. You know this , I know this yes everybody knows this. 

This might be the attitude that stopped the progress and prosperity this genre should have had, and the very same reason for COD official demise.

I know you as a better person, you should know better than involve in a topic of no interest, I did expect you of all just to ignore.

So far I have really no problem with the software, FM´s and priorities. Its progress have been as expected and the priorities , albeit not always according to my wishes is understandable. The progress are based on economy and stay at the highest limits of quality possible within those boundaries. I suspect this is the reason we do not have more planes in the packs also. I never expected perfect historical FM´s and models for the price I payed, I am a realist, and in that point of view the developers have really surprised me, they actually exceeded my expectation by 100 times in all factors. 

This is often why I am not in the same page as people when it comes to critique. I do not disagree with them, but they simply did not buy a real plane, not a commercial simulator either. 

This is the best simulated World war 2 combat simulator to date , all things considered. Yes DCS got many things right, same goes for COD witch I hold dearly to my hart. But over all this is better. 

The only improvement I wish for is us, the users. In my point of view the chat is many times unpleasant, people say they want realism and good FM/ DM but push start engine and set full throttle and take off cross the runway. Seldom we see cooperation and help. Nothing wrong with the sim, compared with price payed. It is us that is the problem, it is we who make people leave this sim. We need to improve 

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 6

I don't mind waiting just couldn't figure why it says BOS on the start up screen,this is misleading. Any ideas why?

Also If I bought BOS now then I take it when BOK comes out I get the access.

Also why did I have to download 6.3 gig of data to my pc ?

Tony

You should be able to play with the first BOK plane (bf109g4) in December on the two free maps, if Im not wrong.

Also why did I have to download 6.3 gig of data to my pc ?

Probable - if followed BoM model - this download is BoS, so when the first BoK plane are released you can fly then in BoS map, against BoS planes AI.

And the BoS icon maybe due the proper for BoK was not done already.

Probable - if followed BoM model - this download is BoS, so when the first BoK plane are released you can fly then in BoS map, against BoS planes AI.

And the BoS icon maybe due the proper for BoK was not done already.

I guess only lapino and velike lukie (?) will be available to bok only players in singleplayer mode. so if you want a good base to start with get bos or bom if you can afford it, tony. sorry to say this and that you paid those 70$ in anticipation. the bok map will probably need some time to be made, so you might really consider buying the other modules.

your game downloaded 6,3gb because everything is installed. just your account status determines what you can use of that.

Stop embarrasing yourself.

Nobody is trying to "get" or trick anyone.

The devs have written about it and published for everyone to know. They dont have to spoon feed it to you in a personal letter. if you felt so burnt i would think you would read up on the topic instead of making things up.

I don't considering to be embarrassing myself when I express my opinions which I'd gladly standby in person.

This very thread shows I'm not the only one that got this mixed up - it could have been made a lot clearer what paying for this update/addon gives you versus simply waiting for the game, you've already got, to be updated with engine improvements.

I've admitted that I misunderstood the situation regarding this but ultimately people are still paying out for this expansion expecting something that they'll ultimately get for free (if they already have BOS). In my opinion that isn't being made clear.

While I understand the need for continued investment it just doesn't sit with me right when all they need to do is add a single line like this to their product description or press release:

Engine Improvements Coming to all IL2 Packages:

DX11

VR Support

Eh - there's a prominent link at the top of the forum page - the info is not exactly hidden.

You just spoke without bothering to spend a minute looking.

And there are DX9 games out there that continue to support the Oculus Rift. I know the history, IL2 was probably my single most anticipated game to play with the Rift.

While I understand that VR integration is much more likely to happen this time, my post (while brief) was simply stating that I'm not forking out my money again over possible integrations written here.

The second I see it working I'm be putting my money where my mouth is and finally playing this game the way I've waited to do for the last 15 years (since IL2: Sturmovik)

Lucas, you obviously haven't played with the Vive integration (which conveniently works with the Rift a well) as it's a bit of a train-wreck at the moment.

Also, welcome to the Reddit thread where a bunch of more people bought the game based on the hope of VR integration (mentioned in June 2016 change logs) and then found out that it didn't work and NOW are finding out they have to buy a different game to make it work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4q8zor/ww2_flight_simulator_il2_sturmovik_adds_basic/?sort=old

VR integration has been teased at since conception and never followed through to this point.

While I'm definitely bitter that my time spent learning IL2:BOS in preparation of using it in VR meant that I couldn't get a refund through steam I'm JUST suggesting others exercise caution - I sincerely can't wait for it to come.

Which games are still using DX9 and Oculus? The devs seemed to be pretty clear they were deprecating support.

The brief post seemed to suggest some sort of sinister motive from the devs. I suspect they were as upset as we were about it. Yeah, it was a huge disappointment that they let us know about once it became clear that support for DX9 was being dropped.

Now... what you're advocating about waiting for support to arrive and then buying in is completely legitimate. If you feel that VR is the killer feature and the other stuff is peripheral then by all means. And as has already been discussed, if you already own IL-2: BoS, then when VR support comes you'll be getting it anyways. Once you buy one of the series then you're already loaded into the overall tech improvements. There have been plenty that has been done (the biggest might be 64-bit support which improved my FPS and stopped the delayed texture loading) during the lead-up for Battle of Moscow. Battle of Stalingrad fans got the support too.

I've been critical of the devs for a variety of design and game play decisions but the VR issue isn't one that I think we can find fault for. It wasn't a feature dropped for spurious reasons.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Cliffs of Dover is $9.99 with very detailed flight model, lots of planes and improvements that are released for free.

That probably explains why Maddox Games is such a profitable and thriving company to this day.

oh, wait...

• Upvote 2

Eh - there's a prominent link at the top of the forum page - the info is not exactly hidden.

You just spoke without bothering to spend a minute looking.

Perfect, cheers - that's what I'd been looking for (Compatibility Between Editions)

There are two different editions of IL-2 Sturmovik available - Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow. The both use a common client and authorization system, which allows a customer to use them separately or as a combined product. This approach allows players of both editions to encounter each other in multiplayer mode and streamlines updates and the addition of future content. All editions of the game include the standard gameplay modes and several maps that are available to all owners of the sim.

Given my full and complete replies on this thread do you genuinely think I didn't spend "a minute" looking? This is all I've been looking for since someone said it was possible. Even you didn't just provide me with a quote or link.

You forget these are public forums and regardless of being registered people can see this information more easily now without going through the forums looking for developers comments like people suggested were out there.

This is all it needed and, while obvious once you know where it is, this one mention of it suffers from banner blindness on this page - especially given the very link you talk of (at least I assume you mean this one? "Detailed information about Battle of Kuban Premium Edition contents can be found on ‘About the Project’ page.") jumps past the very information I wanted to know to an anchor at the bottom of the page.

Which games are still using DX9 and Oculus? The devs seemed to be pretty clear they were deprecating support.

The brief post seemed to suggest some sort of sinister motive from the devs. I suspect they were as upset as we were about it. Yeah, it was a huge disappointment that they let us know about once it became clear that support for DX9 was being dropped.

Now... what you're advocating about waiting for support to arrive and then buying in is completely legitimate. If you feel that VR is the killer feature and the other stuff is peripheral then by all means. And as has already been discussed, if you already own IL-2: BoS, then when VR support comes you'll be getting it anyways. Once you buy one of the series then you're already loaded into the overall tech improvements. There have been plenty that has been done (the biggest might be 64-bit support which improved my FPS and stopped the delayed texture loading) during the lead-up for Battle of Moscow. Battle of Stalingrad fans got the support too.

I've been critical of the devs for a variety of design and game play decisions but the VR issue isn't one that I think we can find fault for. It wasn't a feature dropped for spurious reasons.

Off the top of my head:

Live for Speed is a native DX9 game (http://www.lfs.net)

FlyInside is a VR addon for FSX (which although it has DX10 support you're best to use DX9 to use Fly Inside: https://flyinside-fsx.com/)

I'm also under the impression that Euro Truck Simulator 2 is DX9

Life for Speed and FlyInside actually stand out as having some of the best VR implementations in a game to date.

As I understand it they achieved this buy building a DX11 wrapper for the appropriate functionality.

I was under the impression that this is how a modding team were brining VR support to BOS as well - although I can't remember who they were at the moment... searching my bookmarks hasn't helped either...

As a developer myself I know how hard it is to balance requirements and resources against return on investment - but it was this step-back (after such strong sentiment in the past that it was coming) combined with other teams commitment to making it work that wound a lot of people up. For me, I'm not sure I passed comment at the time... but obviously the latest update didn't sit with me right :)

Just ordered my first pre-order product from 1C Games Studios.

Only reason for me to do that is Virtual Reality support.

I no longer can fly in 2D since I tried it in the Oculus.

• Upvote 2

Just ordered my first pre-order product from 1C Games Studios.

Only reason for me to do that is Virtual Reality support.

I no longer can fly in 2D since I tried it in the Oculus.

I'm starting to think all those people claiming they only bought IL-2 because of the Rift, are actually accounts created by Palmer Lucky

Gladiator pro 240€ ? -> BOK -> Gladiator Pro hotas ???€  

BOK -> inbetween Gladiator ? 

lets wait till mid nov.  :/

btw. i wonder how to get those Game owning golden signs under my profile pic ?

Edited by =ARTOA=Doktor_Schneider

Cliffs of Dover is $9.99 with very detailed flight model, lots of planes and improvements that are released for free.

BOS + BOM + BOK = $49.99 + $49.99 + $69.99??????? 

I also see that the bouncing ball ground handling effect in multiplayer is being fixed (great!) but only if you buy BOM.  The fix won't be available for people who only purchased BOS?

The pricing strategy is over the top gents.

CloD was released in an unfinished state and left like that. Those free planes and improvements? Those are from modders who don't have to rely on their modding to put food on their plates.

Yes, BoS, BoM, and BoK do all cost that much. That's because they all offer the same amount of content. Also, don't compare the premium BoK price to the standard BoS and BoM prices. The BoK standard edition is almost certainly going to be $49.99 USD.

Given that we were shown the effect of the fix with BoS aircraft, and that all updates apply to all games, I find that idea to be ludicrous.

The pricing strategy is asking for the same amount of money for the same amount of content whenever they release a new iteration of that content. I guess that CloD has an over-the-top pricing system as well, because you always pay the same amount of money whenever you buy it.

That probably explains why Maddox Games is such a profitable and thriving company to this day.

oh, wait...

And then you're just comparing bargain bin steam prices with a brand new release price. When COD was new it was a 60 dollar release. 

Maybe he's more into this

FAscan004.jpg

125 flyable aircraft for 15 dollars.

Grt M

And then you're just comparing bargain bin steam prices with a brand new release price. When COD was new it was a 60 dollar release. 

Maybe he's more into this

FAscan004.jpg

125 flyable aircraft for 15 dollars.

Grt M

If you pay USD 15, but then I see a USD 15 rebate which seems to be a mail-in rebate.  Does that mean you get 125 aircrafts for free? 

• Upvote 1

oh, wait...

Not to mention that at launch it was probably not $9.99

Not to mention that at launch it was probably not $9.99

No it was priced like a normal triple A title. That would be 60 dollars i think.

Grt M

I'm starting to think all those people claiming they only bought IL-2 because of the Rift, are actually accounts created by Palmer Lucky

This made me laugh :)

If it were true though and Palmer Lucky was a Flight Sim fan, he would have insisted that DX9 support was part of the package, Just so he could play his favorite flight sims IL2 and ROF in all the virtual glory that those games deserve.

Damn it how did you find out!?:-p

I bougt ClOD in april 2011 for 49 USD. No,I wasnt the cheapskate to wait untill its price will drop to some ridiculous value in aftersales. I bought the game when it was released for full price.Which is the price for standard edition of BoS/BoM nowdays. There was again off sale 50% for BoS and its premium aircrafts lately from 29.8.-9.9.2016. Not to mention that such sale was also in april and  february this year as far as my memory can reach. People had plenty of time to buy it really cheap. Complaining about the price is beyond my comprehension.

• Upvote 3

how many sold? 1280?

The first week it went fast, but the number is climbing with 20 a day or so. I have no idea if that's good or bad. My guess is that most sales will come from steam after it's release next year. 

Grt M

How do you guys know or guesstimate bok orders? Counting no of forum threads saying bot?

How do you guys know or guesstimate bok orders? Counting no of forum threads saying bot?

You can do a membersearch with only a filter on the BOK premium tag. Then count the number of pages.

Grt M

Well, its end of the month.

The all time around players have mostly purchased BoK but some are still waiting for their payment to be able to order it.

Also there are a lot of people that don't preorder if there is nothing to get from --> We will still have to wait 2 or 3 months till the first content arrives for BoK and that would, I'd think, also be the time sales will rise a lot again.

Right now there have been around 30 ppl per day been ordering BoK, if it continues like this it would be more than 10000 in 1 year. (But I consider it to rise honestly) If you check for general accounts you will see that there are also quite some BoS and BoM copies being purchased still/again right now.

Sorry, no luck there. Just like to fly and have an oculus. I actually find it interesting that flight and space sims (elite is a good example) are currently the best fitting usage for VR, but are mostly ignored by VR companies and journalist.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, no luck there. Just like to fly and have an oculus. I actually find it interesting that flight and space sims (elite is a good example) are currently the best fitting usage for VR, but are mostly ignored by VR companies and journalist.

Agreed! I work with the Vive a little at the office, and the touch/room scale is a lot of fun, but still, the most fun I've had in vr is the seated pit experiences!

Agreed! I work with the Vive a little at the office, and the touch/room scale is a lot of fun, but still, the most fun I've had in vr is the seated pit experiences!

I just don't believe you guys sry, but how about you send me that Vive from your office an I test It for myself and see if you're right ;)

I just don't believe you guys sry, but how about you send me that Vive from your office an I test It for myself and see if you're right ;)

Sure! I just need your credit card, code and personal information, for... totally legit purposes, and I'll send it:D

But in all seriousness, if you are ever in Hamar, Norway you could probably try my Rift:)

I bougt ClOD in april 2011 for 49 USD. No,I wasnt the cheapskate to wait untill its price will drop to some ridiculous value in aftersales. I bought the game when it was released for full price.Which is the price for standard edition of BoS/BoM nowdays. There was again off sale 50% for BoS and its premium aircrafts lately from 29.8.-9.9.2016. Not to mention that such sale was also in april and  february this year as far as my memory can reach. People had plenty of time to buy it really cheap. Complaining about the price is beyond my comprehension.

Exactly what I think too. If the game is too expensive you simply need to concentrate to get food on the table. Sometimes I cannot afford to buy beer, then I wait until I can. Same goes for games, it is not needed , but you can afford it at some time.

Gladiator pro 240€ ? -> BOK -> Gladiator Pro hotas ???€  

BOK -> inbetween Gladiator ? 

lets wait till mid nov.  :/

btw. i wonder how to get those Game owning golden signs under my profile pic ?

You need to Pre order a game to get those gold bars. If you preorder BOK you will get BOK bar, if you wait for release you will not get it. If you buy Gladiator PRO + BOK you get the preorder price right now, witch is cheaper than if you wait

Hi guys!

Today we discover one document, which remove 5 minute limit for engine M-82 for all builded La-5, and also M-82 has been renamed to M-82F.

So it`s allowed have 1700 HP with the boost 1140 mmHg/ document was signed 31/Mar/1943.

From 31 Mar 1943 all La-5 can use force mode without any limits. 

Thank you for attention.

Decision-№GOKO-3100cc
03/31/1943
State of the Defense Committee decides:
Take note of the declaration by the Director of the Aircraft Plant №19 comrade Soldatov, comrade chief constructor  Shvetsov, comrade Chief Engineer Butusov and senior military representative of the military acceptance comrade Chetverikov, that the engine M-82, which is set at the present time all produced aircraft La-5, has been tested satisfactorily in the forced modes and can work without time restrictions at forced power 1700 horsepower supercharged at 1140 mm Hg. instead of the nominal power 1450 hp
Above mentioned motor continue to refer as the M-82F. Set for all the M-82F engines period prior to the first overhaul 150 hours.

Chairman of the State Defense Committee, Joseph Stalin

%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%20%D0%9C-

Sorry for any kind of mistakes :rolleyes:.

Edited by ROSS_BerryMORE
  • Upvote 5

Yes, of cause this doc has been posted in RU side.  :salute:  Everybody need to know about it.

Also, discuss about La-5 without time limit was VERY hot, during meeting devs with virtual pilots) but in that time we have not any docs to proof this.

And regardless 1.42 ATA, There is no any evidence about it.

Bf109 G-2 mit Motor DB 605 Bedienungsvorschrift-F1 Juni 1942 

*Note! "Take off and emergency power" is blocked and may not be used. *Achtung! Die "Start und Notleistung" darf nicht benutzt werden, sie ist deshalb blockiert.

Bf109 G-2 Bedienungsvorschrift-F1 Juli 1942 

*Note! "Take off and emergency power" is blocked and may not be used. *Achtung! Die "Start und Notleistung" darf nicht benutzt werden, sie ist deshalb blockiert.

DB 605 A-B Moteren-Karte 9 October 1942 

Take-off and emergency power is disabled until further notice, thus 2650 U/min (2600 U/min +2%) may not be exceeded in any flight attitude. Die Start und Notleistung ist bis auf Widerruf gesperrt, es dьrfen somit 2650 U/min (2600 U/min +2%) in keiner Fluglage ьberschritten werden.

From 109 G1, G2 and G6 MeЯrief - 1942 and 1943

Take off and emergency power: Provisionally closed after VT instruction Nr.2206. Start und Notleistung: Vorlдufig gesperrt nach VT-Anweisung Nr.2206

Bf109 G-2, G-4, G-6 Bedienungsvorschrift-F1 Ausgabe Juni 1943 

"Take-off and emergency power" may not be used; this stage is blocked in order to prevent over pressure. Die Leistungsstufe 'Start -und Notleistung' darf nicht benutzt werden; um Ьberdrьcken zu verhindern, ist diese Stufe blockiert.

Bf109 G-2 Flugzeug-Handbuch Ausgabe Oktober 1943 

Take-off and emergency power: may not be used, is blocked. Start- und Notleistung: Darf nicht benutzt werden, ist blockiert.

Bf109 G-4/R3, G-6/R3 Bedienungsvorschrift-F1 Ausgabe Februar 1944 

Take-off and emergency power: may not be used, is blocked. Start- und Notleistung: Darf nicht benutzt werden, ist blockiert.

Links: http://www.spitfirep...spit9v109g.html 

Edited by ROSS_BerryMORE
  • Upvote 1

And regardless 1.42 ATA, There is no any evidence about it.

D. (Luft) T. 2109 G-4, Bf 109 G-4 Flugzeug-Handbuch, Teil 0, Stand (condition as of) August 1943, Ausgabe (released) September 1943, showing the 1,42 ata Startleistung rating cleared.

Source: http://kurfurst.org/index.html#engines

Cheers,

Edited by PA-Sniv
  • Upvote 2

Yes, let's hope G4 1.42 ATA (and G2?) will be available as fieldmod: this could be interesting for online campaigns and missions (set server side).

Cheers

Yea, thanks. Let 1.42 will be unlocked at ingame september 1943. No problem with that

Daimler Benz cleared 1.42ata in June 1943. (TA-Anweisung Nr 30/43, 8.6.1943) :ph34r: