Pulled the trigger on the MFG Crosswind (graphite/black)

I was dozing off in bed last night and I think I just made one of those purchases that you fullyrealize the next morning  :lol:

It says they will ship in late October.

Very excited to get the pedals. I was sick of the horrible twist in the X55, which is very loose and can't stay centered.

Not to mention how good the new black pedals look.

graphite-back-side-1024x667.jpg

• Upvote 1

I was dozing off in bed last night and I think I just made one of those purchases that you fullyrealize the next morning  :lol:

Very excited to get the pedals. I was sick of the horrible twist in the X55, which is very loose and can't stay centered.

Looks like we're gonna have a new ace in the mix!  Salute! You'll love them.  

I'm excited!

I had the Saitek ones before but I wasnt very happy and also my setting was not very adequate (office chair with wheels, little space against the wall etc.)

This time I'm doing it the right way.

Also very happy that it doesnt require software to run the pedals, just to calibrate them.

One other cool feature is you can set the last X% of the pedals as a button... so for example, I have differential brakes set up for the German aircraft as you would normally, but when I hit the last 5% on either pedal, it presses a virtual button you can assign to brakes for the Russian aircraft... one less button you have to deal with on your stick :)

Good hunting!  :salute:

• Upvote 2

One other cool feature is you can set the last X% of the pedals as a button... so for example, I have differential brakes set up for the German aircraft as you would normally, but when I hit the last 5% on either pedal, it presses a virtual button you can assign to brakes for the Russian aircraft... one less button you have to deal with on your stick :)

Very nice tip!

Looking forward to October/November to play with my new toy.

Last pedals you'll ever buy.

Great way of yawing the plane :-)

Lots of settings (hardware and software) and the best service on the market from Milan.

You will not regret this.

Thats true. Mine are Serial Number 003 ,it's the second unit that has been sold and the first with a serial number on it. I got it in August 2013 and it's still working like on first day, even after 3 years of heavy use and abuse.

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to see my wife's face when i tell her, and then again when she sees the actual pedals.

XD

Man just tell her that you've won it in a tournament winning dogfights. I mean really, some truths are not worth dying for... :salute:

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to see my wife's face when i tell her, and then again when she sees the actual pedals.

XD

Seen on a photography forum: "My nightmare is that, after I die, my wife will sell my photography gear for what I've told her I paid for them."

• Upvote 4

Man just tell her that you've won it in a tournament winning dogfights. I mean really, some truths are not worth dying for... :salute:

Haha I'm just (half) kidding. I still enjoy some autonomy on what to spend my money on.

Once kids are in the picture, I can see how that's gonna change.

Seen on a photography forum: "My nightmare is that, after I die, my wife will sell my photography gear for what I've told her I paid for them."

That's hilarious  :lol:

My wife would sell my PC for 300 bucks as far as I know.

• Upvote 1

IMHO --- It's pretty easy to justify the purchase... if this is one of your primary hobbies, just compare the cost to the total hours you use them per year.

Lets say you use them 10 hours a week, 520 hours a year.  This is a no brainer decision to buy them.

$350 for the pedals / 520 hours = $0.67 / hour    or    $6.73 per week   or    $29.16 / month---- and after the first year --- $PROFIT

Not many hobbies come in anywhere near that cheap... and even cheaper if you're using them more than 10 hours a week... also, don't forget the cost savings by NOT spending money elsewhere because you're sitting in your virtual cockpit.

Put in my order for a set of graphite Crosswind pedals after reading through this forum thread. Always wanted to buy a set after my current ones turned out less than impressive. Hoping for some good longevity out of them to make the purchase price worthwhile.

You are in for a treat!!

• 3 weeks later...

I fully support all the positive said about the pedals, I've had mine since dec. 15 - I can't praise them high enogh. Absolutely worth every penny, absolutely worth waiting for - and I expect them to be my last pedals....

Those are too nice, I would be afraid to get them dusty and full of cat hair.

Really? Would you mind telling me how you did that?