Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Don't include more Fw190s

Yep! As I said elsewhere, the worst choice this team made was including the 190 in Stalingrad.

Simply don't. It's not worth the toxicity by the community you invite. 

Better get rid of the forum then.

Besides, it is the usual suspects that take things a tad too far. They are not "the community".

Yep! As I said elsewhere, the worst choice this team made was including the 190 in Stalingrad.

The second worst was putting flaps on the Yak, huh?

• Upvote 2

What?!

Of the 20 Aircraft ingame, the 190 is the that produces the most general toxicity and negativity on the Forum. 

Personally I think a Bf110F would have been a much better choice. 

The 190 was basically introduced because of Name Recognition and apparently there is an active russian conspiracy against it being an absolute Überplane that it so obviously was, if you believe the Ze-Hairys of the Forum. 

There are one or two Niggly Bits that are off, but so slightly that the changes will hardly be noticeable, yet they make a ton of fuss about it. 

I guess the 190 will be adressed again, but I expect no huge changes.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
  • Upvote 1

If the Fw 190 wouldn't be there, people would move to a different plane, unless all planes are modelled to perfection.

• Upvote 3

I guess the 190 will be adressed again, but I expect no huge changes.

What is huge? Nobody wants it to go supersonic.

Can we just let the devs do their job? Passive aggresivness is not helpful either.

Personally I think a Bf110F would have been a much better choice. 

With all my love for Bf110F-2, I am not agree.

Blue assault pilots would love this aircraft for sure :)

post-1464-0-79201100-1473698173_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-78659800-1473698177_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-19412400-1473698083_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-85854400-1473698102_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-50291100-1473698112_thumb.jpg

Oh, I've been away from any IL-2 related forum, so I already forgot the rivet counting drama. I guess if the mentality of a significant part of the community shifted from doing Airquake to flying actual missions online, we would not have so much drama. I'm surprised people still treat this so seriously, but then again, maybe they have just not been into flight sims long enough. :lol:

On a side note, it would be a nice little change to see people start flame wars over bombers or ground attack planes. I've seen all those 100-page threads about the 109/190/Mustang/Spitfire FM being porked, or that infamous windscreen bar (loved that topic), but I have yet to see people constantly arguing about the Stuka FM being incorrect, or the Sturmovik not being enough of a bullet sponge. Read that would have been so much more entertaining.

• Upvote 3

Wonder why in DCS forum Fw 190 D-9 section there is no toxic like in BOS?

Maby beacuse DCS Fw 190 D-9 meet RL data, performance and flying characteristic from test flights and pilots notes?

I think rather DCS customers enjoy their solid made Fw 190 D-9 hardly to say about situation here.

Edited by 303_Kwiatek
  • Upvote 2

With all my love for Bf110F-2, I am not agree.

Blue assault pilots would love this aircraft for sure :)

attachicon.gif190f.jpgattachicon.gif190f2.jpg

attachicon.gif6n25gdl8.jpgattachicon.gif1-Fw-190A-SG1-White-F-Triangle-April-1943-01.jpgattachicon.gifisa2.jpg

I will make an exception for the 190F, because it's basically a Stuka replacement and just awesome in general.

Mustang guys are equally morbidly passionate about their favourite Aircraft, which is why I will always be against Mustangs. But I have no Problems with let's say an A-36 Apache. 

0c3cc19f47dd6795ac2e0ba2f6d6798d.jpg

The only way a Spitifre is of any worth:

GeoffreyPageSpitfire.jpg

You need to do some more research before you start tossing around terms like autism and autistic in reference to people's preferences in flight sims. There is no corellation and to have an autistic child is no joking matter at all. 

I grew up in an integrative Mixed School, with pllenty of mentally and otherwise handicapped people and in that time I grew a severe dislike for treating them less human then they are.  Of course you should be able to talk and joke about it. It's part of the human condition and by excluding them you make them less human, outsiders. Don't be more Autistic than the actual Autists. 

I will make an exception for the 190F, because it's basically a Stuka replacement.

Fw190A-5/U3 = Fw190F-2

Fw190A-5/U17 = Fw190F-3 

I'm looking forward to a new FW. Especially one in this Sim. But I like the FW A3. It's not perfect, but neither am I and I haven't figured out if it's the flaws in this model or "the pilot". I know where I'd hedge my bets though...

;)

Maby beacuse DCS Fw 190 D-9 meet RL data, performance and flying characteristic from test flights and pilots notes?

I think rather DCS customers enjoy their solid made Fw 190 D-9 hardly to say about situation here.

Probably because all 3 of them agree that they're better off flying the 109K in DCS. 

• Upvote 2

Trust me, there are discussions on the flight characteristics of the Dora too. But mostly the D9 forum section is filled with topics about how to adjust your joystick curves, how not to blow your engine or how to land the plane without crashing (though ground handling was made significantly easier in recent patches for all the planes, so less of that now). Most of the people discussing seem not to be knowledgeable enough to be interested in analysing the FMs.

• Upvote 1

Probably because all 3 of them agree that they're better off flying the 109K in DCS.

When I fly in DCS most of the time there is a good mix between 109s and 190s - sometimes you even see more 190s than 109s.

Most of the people discussing seem not to be knowledgeable enough to be interested in analysing the FMs.

I wouldn´t necessesarily say that ..

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

I wouldn´t necessesarily say that ..

Well, a lot of forum talk there is mostly people asking for help with flying the plane (since it takes a bit more effort than in IL-2), hence my conclusion. But let's say... a more mature audience?

Let's think about it, here we are sitting in comfy chairs with our plastic toy flight controllers, that do not replicate the forces on a real aircraft stick, in stupid looking LED hats without any g-force sensation whatsoever and without any experience from the cockpit of a real WWII fighter and people have strong opinions, argue to death, insult each other and so on, because they read a table in some ancient document or found some stuff online. It's a bit immature IMHO. If someone is bothered by the toxicity of such discussions, there is a simple solution - don't read them. I still do, but purely because sooner all later such a thread will attract some real man-children with overgrown egos willing to go all guns blazing in a discussion about... a game. I find it... entertaining, but I am twisted that way.

Edited by Mmaruda
  • Upvote 3

:rolleyes:

I am wondering how is this thread still open? A guy who claims in his infinite wisdom that some planes are not to be modeled because he doesn't like people that fly them? :wacko:

I could easily say the same about all Bf109 wheraboos that I dislike, but the Bf109 is part of history just like the Fw190, P-51, Spitfire and many other airplanes. :angry:

If you do not like to see people talk about airplanes you do not have any affection for, just AVOID the topic or even forum as a whole. Nobody tells you to write or read what is written on the forum. :dash:

I am wondering how is this thread still open? A guy who claims in his infinite wisdom that some planes are not to be modeled because he doesn't like people that fly them? :wacko:

I could easily say the same about all Bf109 wheraboos that I dislike, but the Bf109 is part of history just like the Fw190, P-51, Spitfire and many other airplanes. :angry:

If you do not like to see people talk about airplanes you do not have any affection for, just AVOID the topic or even forum as a whole. Nobody tells you to write or read what is written on the forum. :dash:

I'm not complaining about people the FLY the 190. I complain about the complainers. I fly and enjoy the 190, and while it may not be perfect, the conspiratorial Mindset of the 190 herd is really getting to me. 

I'm arguing Hanlons Razor against the 190 Crowd. 

I really grew to like the 190 these past years, and after sitting in it I understand why it was so appreciated. And having started Real Life Flying I have started to learn to apprecciate the ways in which differenty aircraft have to be flown differently. And when you remain withing the envelope the 190 handles like a charm. However, I know that I cannot rely against the sheer manouverability deficits it has against the russians, but after a couple of hours I got the hang of when and where it stalls, what to do and what not to do. 

The 109 Wehraboos and Spitfire Jocks are not even close to the annoyance Level 190 and Mustang guys IMHO. 

And when the 190 guys have valid points they should present them as that, not "OMG Conspiraceeeh against muh 190, 1C obviluslee dont wunna admit 190 best überplane evaah"

I would have no Problem if they took a shave with Hanlons Razor, relax pet a kitten or whatever and then argue rationally. 

dwarf-kitten-01.jpg

The 109 Wehraboos and Spitfire Jocks and not even close to the annoyance Level 190 and Mustang guys IMHO.

Probably the most ridiculous thing i have ever read in this forum. Judging people after what aircraft they like. Get a grip :lol:  

• Upvote 2

Probably the most ridiculous thing i have ever read in this forum. Judging people after what aircraft they like. Get a grip :lol:  

"When Focke Wulf sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drama. They're bringing conspiracies. They're Idiots. And some, I assume, are good people."

Donald Mann, just now. 

"Donald J. Mann is calling for a total and complete shutdown of 190 Fans entering the Il-2 Forums until our Forum's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards 190 Fans by large segments of the Forum population." 

trump.jpg

I think your last cat wants the Forum to build a wall to keep the Fw190 fans out and make them pay for it.

• Upvote 1

post-1464-0-78659800-1473698177.jpg

I really want a 190 with 1800kg Bomb. would it even get off the Ground? It would be amazing.  

The 109 Wehraboos and Spitfire Jocks are not even close to the annoyance Level 190 and Mustang guys IMHO.

Probably why you can see Wehraboos whining about 109s in BOS while they are the most overperforming planes currently ?  :lol:

Probably why you can see Wehraboos whining about 109s in BOS while they are the most overperforming planes currently ?  :lol:

All Aircraft are OP except muh 190.

You have nothing to loose but your chains. 

Currently you're working on setting the bar rather high for yourself at the moment. It's a shame, as we know you can do better than this.

post-1464-0-78659800-1473698177.jpg

I really want a 190 with 1800kg Bomb. would it even get off the Ground? It would be amazing.  

Long take off run! The G1-2 contains an option for one 500kg bomb and 2 300 litre tanks (I assume that is what 300l means) which must be over 1000kg, still a big step up to 1800. edit - I know there is a 1000-1800 option under the F8-9, but was looking for the next heaviest.

Plus Ju87D had a 1800kg short range overload option with a much weaker engine.

Edited by unreasonable

All Aircraft are OP except muh 190.

Nah, not all aircrafts are OP.

They all have issues, but none is OP at the level of 109s.  :)