Jade_Monkey

What chairs do you use with pedals?

I'm on carpet... Mounted the crosswinds to a piece of wood which leans up at a slight angle on the wall. I have an Aeron chair with the carpet wheels and I don't have any issues with it moving, and I've got the tension pretty tight on the pedals.

Hey Pand, was there a need to mount your crosswinds on the wood (prevent sliding/hitting wall etc?), or was this more for personal preference?

Hey Pand, was there a need to mount your crosswinds on the wood (prevent sliding/hitting wall etc?), or was this more for personal preference?

Yes --- Because I'm on carpet and I use a pretty big desk, I needed the crosswinds closer to me and more stable. On the carpet without the mount it would "tip" left and right.

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about getting pedals. I got the saitek combat pedals last year but I didnt enjoy them and ended up returning them.

One of the issues was that with an office chair with wheels it's very difficult to use pedals because you end up moving the chair and the pedal and you lose a lot of the accuracy that you would expect to gain with pedals.

I've seen some homemade "pilot" chairs with the stick in the middle but I'd think that's just a handful of people.

Do you use a regular (non-wheeled) chair?

Thanks,

-JM

This was my extremely high tech solution - roll up an old t-shirt, leaving about 6" unrolled, and sit the front wheel of the chair down on it so the roll is behind the wheel.

This has worked better than other methods I tried, and it's easily out of the way when I'm not flying.

I also put a peice of plywood between my CH pedals and the baseboard so they can't slide back. And, I prop the front up about 3" with a peice of 2x4 so that the angle matches my sitting position and the plane of motion is pretty much straight back instead of pressing down into the pedals some. This not only makes them far more comfortable for any length of time, but it also makes the action smoother, as the pedals are not sticking due to increased friction.

Edited by Eclipse4349

Phat, may I ask where the joystick support came from? Nevermind, see in pic it's a TV support.

Edited by Smok

i just opened a software house and look for some good designed comfortable office chairs and so i found this discussion need some advice hope you have already got some experience with it, just needed recommendations for good comforting and long lasting product

Had one of these chairs for a while as I don't have the space for a traditional office chair any more, surprisingly comfortable. Now used with Crosswinds and a Virpil stick that is attached to the chair.
Yes I fly in a wardrobe!  :biggrin: 

post-32032-0-54508500-1519066952_thumb.jpg

post-32032-0-36753000-1519067076_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Had one of these chairs for a while as I don't have the space for a traditional office chair any more, surprisingly comfortable. Now used with Crosswinds and a Virpil stick that is attached to the chair.

:good: 

Very intuitive !

Bought a DXRacer with my tax refund and absolutely love it.

Bought a DXRacer with my tax refund and absolutely love it.

Very nice!

(I need to quit looking at things such as this)

Steelcase leap, fantastic chair, expensive though, but lasts longer than any "gaming" chairs.

post-80542-0-60565500-1519143937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross

never, ever occurred to me to reverse the desk mount like this. You Sir, are a genius!!!

Cost me 9€ and works just fine. Could add some sort of cushion to the right arm rest because elbow sometimes hurts when having long flights.

rnzrO5T.jpg

I have DX racer chair too. Very low to the ground but also adjustable up and down back and forth. It's great!

Wish I had a secluded spot where I would not be pestered by someone in my family about some rubbish every 10 minutes.

Can I ask, is it easy to reverse mount the mongoos? Do you just flip the axis directions in the firmware?

Cheers

Wish I had a secluded spot where I would not be pestered by someone in my family about some rubbish every 10 minutes.

Can I ask, is it easy to reverse mount the mongoos? Do you just flip the axis directions in the firmware?

Cheers

Very easy, and I just inverted axis in BoS control set up.

Very easy, and I just inverted axis in BoS control set up.

Ah yes, of course. I guess I could have sorted that one for myself if I had thought about it for 10 seconds. Weekend brain in control of things I'm afraid. Apologies.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ah yes, of course. I guess I could have sorted that one for myself if I had thought about it for 10 seconds. Weekend brain in control of things I'm afraid. Apologies.

Thanks for the quick reply.

No worries!

:biggrin:

I use a chair that stands on rails either side. They are a little wider than my MFGs and can slide forward and tucked away when not in use.

I use just a plain dining chair. No wheels no swivel and a low back.

No wheels to stop me rolling back when I kick the rudder hard, no swivel to maintain difficulty with having to turn my head and body to check six in 1:1 VR and finally the low back so the main cable into the VR headset doesn't get caught on the back of the chair.

good pilots will fly even on the barn door..

Went to the scrap heap and bought myself an old car chair. It's on rails, so forward and backwards motion is possible and the handle to adjust hight also works. Most important fact: Best chair I've ever had. No office chair can compete with a car chair. They are made to be sat on for hours on end.

4 hours ago, Bando said:

Went to the scrap heap and bought myself an old car chair. It's on rails, so forward and backwards motion is possible and the handle to adjust hight also works. Most important fact: Best chair I've ever had. No office chair can compete with a car chair. They are made to be sat on for hours on end.

:good:

Now that is pretty innovative!

On 3.3.2018 at 8:02 PM, Bando said:

+1