Sign in to follow this  
[TWB]Rich8

Does anyone else's game freeze/buffer consistently?

Does anyone have an issue where their game pauses and continues like an internet video. This issue occurs for me in singleplayer and multiplayer and I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this but no results.

Update: I went to fly some IL-2 1946 and I'm getting the issue in that game too. Is it possible this has a connection to the newest AMD driver?

Edited by [TWB]Rich8

No, check yours temp on cpu & gpu and smart log on hd, antyvirus, internal win processes. Free space, win update hmm what else... ?

Hmm. Also: How much Vram does your graphics card have? When there is too little vram the system will use the normal ram and such stutters may occur. you will likely need at least a 2 GB card. Don't know if thats the cause though. Tomcats suggestions seem fair too.

Hmm. Also: How much Vram does your graphics card have? When there is too little vram the system will use the normal ram and such stutters may occur. you will likely need at least a 2 GB card. Don't know if thats the cause though. Tomcats suggestions seem fair too.

xfx r9 390x 8GB GDDR5, this is the only game with the issue

Does anyone have an issue where their game pauses and continues like an internet video. This issue occurs for me in singleplayer and multiplayer and I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this but no results.

Update: I went to fly some IL-2 1946 and I'm getting the issue in that game too. Is it possible this has a connection to the newest AMD driver?

xfx r9 390x 8GB GDDR5, this is the only game with the issue

Seeing as it's happening on two games (per your update) at least it may also be happening elsewhere too and you just haven't noticed it yet.

Could be hardware or software. Usual list of things to do:

• Check the inside of your PC, ensure there is minimal dust and dust is not clogging any fans or heatsinks.
  • Ensure that all fans are operating in your case and that overheating is not a problem.
  • Check all of your hardware and make sure that cards and cables are seated properly and securely.
  • See if video drivers are a problem: Wipe the drivers and install fresh. Or try installing one version back.

Good place to start.

Your system is dropping into the single digit FPS range which is unusual for a powerful card like the one you have.

• Upvote 1

Seeing as it's happening on two games (per your update) at least it may also be happening elsewhere too and you just haven't noticed it yet.

Could be hardware or software. Usual list of things to do:

• Check the inside of your PC, ensure there is minimal dust and dust is not clogging any fans or heatsinks.
  • Ensure that all fans are operating in your case and that overheating is not a problem.
  • Check all of your hardware and make sure that cards and cables are seated properly and securely.
  • See if video drivers are a problem: Wipe the drivers and install fresh. Or try installing one version back.

Good place to start.

Your system is dropping into the single digit FPS range which is unusual for a powerful card like the one you have.

I've noticed that in BoS it doesn't just drop to a single digit of FPS because the particle effects like smoke from a bonfire, the flames themselves and the dust from a plane on the runway still render smoothly, it's just that everything else just stops. I will try reinstalling the latest AMD driver.

Edited by [TWB]Rich8

Driver doesn't seem to be the issue, reinstalled it, didn't work. Went to the common redist_ folder and reinstalled DirectX, still no change.

This happen to me, hard drive going out.

hmmm... I have noticed the D drive going to 100% usage when it freezes.

Edited by [TWB]Rich8

Mastiff gets a cookie as well as Shamrock, I've moved IL-2 to my SSD and it's definitely the D; taking the piss, poor thing was doing so well. Time to get a new drive...

I had a lot of stutters that went away when I turned Hyperthreading off in the BIOS.

Who would have thought.

I have it on and do not have any stutters.

• Upvote 1

Mastiff gets a cookie as well as Shamrock, I've moved IL-2 to my SSD and it's definitely the D; taking the piss, poor thing was doing so well. Time to get a new drive...

Cheers! Glad to hear that you've zeroed in on what the problem was.

Conventional HDDs are pretty cheap these days... Toss another one in the rig? But definitely keep BoS on the SSD if you can.