#1081 Avyx

Avyx

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:00

Will the BoK be compatible JSGME ?

What about the release date ?

Thank you

Does anyone knows ?

Thank you

Intel I7 4790K / 16 GB DDR3 / GA Z97X-UD5H / GTX 1080 / 4K Samsung UE55KS7500 / X55 Rhino /TrackIR 5

#1082 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:22

Does anyone knows ?

Thank you

JSGME is independant from the game, and is compatible with every software which support MOD, or the copy/past of files. As soon as BoX will support MOD, JSGME will be fully compatible. If you want to use it, you can already use it to manage skin now.

For the release date, it's at the end of the year.

#1083 Lensman

Lensman
  • Founder

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:48

Hello.

I resisted pre-ordering Kuban for a long time because I really wasn't sure where this development was going BUT since you implemented DX-11 and Rift support I've had more enjoyment than ever before and Kuban has just been purchased to offer my support to the amazing team creating this masterpiece! Keep on soaring IL-2 team!

#1084 Slater

Slater

Posted 15 May 2017 - 15:30

As an old new player joining IL-2 BOM, BOS, BOK I would say that getting the word out to the other communities we are members of is key to get more people interested in a hardcore WW2 flight SIM.

Lets me underline hardcore.

The one button start up is great for new players, however we need more options regarding cockpit controls and possibilities. However the wish list is long and the resources few we know that.

So how can we get more players into this wonderful SIM?

1. COOP missions (like in Arma)

2. Upgrading the graphics (you are already doing that)

3. Adding VR (you are doing it, but you need to be on top of it, including other VR set than OR)

4. Collectors planes is a great idea, this could help fund some of the business)

5. Special DLC Campaigns, if they include coop I'm sure they will sell without problems

6. Maybe even sell some "tanks" as collectable, I know many people who want to buy if they were offered.

And just getting the word out to the SIM and SIM-light community.

Cheers!

#1085 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 15 May 2017 - 18:53

As an old new player joining IL-2 BOM, BOS, BOK I would say that getting the word out to the other communities we are members of is key to get more people interested in a hardcore WW2 flight SIM.

Lets me underline hardcore.

The one button start up is great for new players, however we need more options regarding cockpit controls and possibilities. However the wish list is long and the resources few we know that.

So how can we get more players into this wonderful SIM?

1. COOP missions (like in Arma)
2. Upgrading the graphics (you are already doing that)
3. Adding VR (you are doing it, but you need to be on top of it, including other VR set than OR)
4. Collectors planes is a great idea, this could help fund some of the business)
5. Special DLC Campaigns, if they include coop I'm sure they will sell without problems
6. Maybe even sell some "tanks" as collectable, I know many people who want to buy if they were offered.

And just getting the word out to the SIM and SIM-light community.

Cheers!

Coop is also in the works! So good things to come this year.

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#1086 OrLoK

OrLoK
  • Tester

Posted 15 May 2017 - 19:03

Im constantly promoting BoX wherever is applicable, i'm discussing it on Reddit with a user who'd never heard of it in /r/vive.

Spread the Word.

#1087 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:47

JSGME is independant from the game, and is compatible with every software which support MOD, or the copy/past of files. As soon as BoX will support MOD, JSGME will be fully compatible. If you want to use it, you can already use it to manage skin now.

For the release date, it's at the end of the year.

Hi Habu, what;s your mean by "use it to manage skin"? we can change the number on the skin and could been seen by others in the server?

#1088 KpaxBos

KpaxBos
  • Founder

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:10

Hi Habu, what;s your mean by "use it to manage skin"? we can change the number on the skin and could been seen by others in the server?

Hi,

Manage skins in JGSME context means transferring/removing files from the skin directories. It is easy to manage skins files with JGSME. You will get a more complete answer from HABU

#1089 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:32

Ok Lets talk about skins first.

Player A has a skin X

Player B has a skin Y

Dedicated Server has no skin install.

Player A has the skin Y in his game.

Player B do not have the skin X in his game

What player see :

Player A will see Player B with the skin Y

Player B will see Player A with the default skin, and not the skin X

To see the skin of a player you need to have the skin of the player in your game. There is no transfer (download/upload) between clients (game PC) or Server and client. The dedicated server doens't need to have the skins installed.

So, With JSGME, you can install MOD, or game package. A game package can be a skin pack from a squadron. For exemple, if you play a campaign, maybe you have to install some skin only for the campaign. Using a jsgme package can help to install it and remove it when you don't need any more.

You can't change the number on a skin, the feature is not avaliable at that moment. Maybe in the future. You have to have several skins with a different number. But for a skinner, it's not a problem to change the number for his own skin (he must have the template of his skin).

As Kpax said, JSGME do a copy/past in the right folder, if the package is well done.

Edited by Habu, 19 May 2017 - 10:33.

#1090 EAF_T_Ribbon

EAF_T_Ribbon

Posted 25 June 2017 - 17:02

Since i play MP most of the time, will Kuban map upon it's release (july/august) be implemented in all servers by default or we will need to wait BoK release to fly on it in MP?

#1091 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 25 June 2017 - 22:12

Since i play MP most of the time, will Kuban map upon it's release (july/august) be implemented in all servers by default or we will need to wait BoK release to fly on it in MP?

Based on how Moskow was released it should be available right away.

We just need to wait for the server hosts to create a MP mission on the Kuban map.

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#1092 EAF_T_Ribbon

EAF_T_Ribbon

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:31

Based on how Moskow was released it should be available right away.
We just need to wait for the server hosts to create a MP mission on the Kuban map.

Awesome, thank you!

#1093 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:36

Ok Lets talk about skins first.

Player A has a skin X

Player B has a skin Y

Dedicated Server has no skin install.

Player A has the skin Y in his game.

Player B do not have the skin X in his game

What player see :

Player A will see Player B with the skin Y

Player B will see Player A with the default skin, and not the skin X

To see the skin of a player you need to have the skin of the player in your game. There is no transfer (download/upload) between clients (game PC) or Server and client. The dedicated server doens't need to have the skins installed.

So, With JSGME, you can install MOD, or game package. A game package can be a skin pack from a squadron. For exemple, if you play a campaign, maybe you have to install some skin only for the campaign. Using a jsgme package can help to install it and remove it when you don't need any more.

You can't change the number on a skin, the feature is not avaliable at that moment. Maybe in the future. You have to have several skins with a different number. But for a skinner, it's not a problem to change the number for his own skin (he must have the template of his skin).

As Kpax said, JSGME do a copy/past in the right folder, if the package is well done.

Hi Habu, thank you for your reply.

So we can not manage the tac number or manage the ammo belt just like we did in CloD. I like this setting which in CloD, gamer can design the ammo belt as their need.

But at least, we can use sound effect package or other wonderful mods after BoS can support the mods, and JSGME will give us a great help.

#1094 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 03 July 2017 - 17:44

For the number not now, maybe later. I say maybe.

About the ammo belt, you have some choice, maybe not the same as in  Clodo.

#1095 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:09

About the ammo belt, you have some choice, maybe not the same as in  Clodo.

what will it be like?

#1096 19//Tuesday

19//Tuesday

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:22

what will it be like?

I don't remember reading anywhere that it will change from the way it is now, but some planes have the option between: mixed AP/HE, all HE, or all AP belts.

#1097 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:10

I don't remember reading anywhere that it will change from the way it is now, but some planes have the option between: mixed AP/HE, all HE, or all AP belts.

That is La5, lol

Cant we just have a simple ammo belt choice like in war thunder? It's a easier way than in CloD

#1098 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 05 July 2017 - 13:13

That is La5, lol

Cant we just have a simple ammo belt choice like in war thunder? It's a easier way than in CloD

You already have ammo belt choices where appropriate in the menu.

Jason

#1099 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 05 July 2017 - 13:40

You already have ammo belt choices where appropriate in the menu.

Jason

We don't though, and that's the issue.  :huh:

I'm not for full-hokey belt loadouts like Cliffs (pure MGeschoss and deWilde belts :rolleyes: ) but it is measurable and within reason that all combatant air forces used custom belting depending on the pilot/mission/supply/availability.

There should at least be an option for a belt with more HE/API-T for A2A, an option of a belt with more AP/API-T and an option for a mixed belt of HE/AP/API-T for all aircraft in the game. Why it is restricted to two or three aircraft is beyond me.

Edited by Space_Ghost, 05 July 2017 - 13:47.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

6700K @ 4.7GHz - GTX1080 @ 2.1GHz (11000MHz mem clock) - 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) - Dell S2716DG (1440p, G-Sync)

"You need to be a lucky genius to get the FM completely right. And even then Kornezov will always complain." - JG27_Kornezov

#1100 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:58

There should at least be an option for a belt with more HE/API-T for A2A, an option of a belt with more AP/API-T and an option for a mixed belt of HE/AP/API-T for all aircraft in the game. Why it is restricted to two or three aircraft is beyond me.

Agree!

HE/AP is not enough, all AP for machine gun also not enough, hahaha

We hope you can add these option

Thank you!!!

#1101 MrFies

MrFies
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:14

True !

qYvxNoF.jpg

#1102 RainMan

RainMan
  • Founder

Posted 04 August 2017 - 18:09

After not having flown IL-2 in a while, I just fell in love with IL-2 again for its smooth VR performance with the Rift, and promptly had to pre-order BOK. That said, I am looking forward to the Hs-129 the most. 

Edited by RainMan, 04 August 2017 - 18:11.

Callsign: "RainMan"

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.8GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

#1103 Barno

Barno

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:21

Can't wait to fly the P-39L-1 Airacobra and the A-20B Havoc.  I love this game.

#1104 Freycinet

Freycinet
  • Founder

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:03

Welcome Barno!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users