Look at this command, I didn´t make a SHFT comm. just assigned the 'v' to the up funktion. No need for delays and yes the 'v' got a red warning but it doesn´t matter for now.

MapKeyIOUMD(&Throttle, FLAPU, 'v');
MapKeyIOUMD(&Throttle, FLAPD, 'f');

Still the paddle as shift button isn´t recognised in the settings page, although it is set up in the TARGET script file as shift it sends a "joy0 dx4"command to the setting! But in game it worksas supposed!!  Kinda strange I think!!

Yeah for a quick fix I just assigned the q key to flaps up in the Target GUI. Ideally though for me, I would like to program my stick using all the default key commands, so I don't ever have to worry about those things getting re-set and having to redo them.

Yeah for a quick fix I just assigned the q key to flaps up in the Target GUI. Ideally though for me, I would like to program my stick using all the default key commands, so I don't ever have to worry about those things getting re-set and having to redo them.

and this is exactly why my script is setup the way it is. in the event of any update that wipes user saved settings, i dont have to go back through and redo key commands in game

and this is exactly why my script is setup the way it is. in the event of any update that wipes user saved settings, i dont have to go back through and redo key commands in game

Amen to that!

Well I am all finished with the new build and ready to go. Very excited with the extension of the early access, plus I am on vacation till the 2nd so everything really falling into place for me this go around.

I might even actually learn some of this scripting stuff now, I want to get my profile as good for me as I can now.

Thanks again for the help, undoubtedly I will be back with more questions...

just as a heads up:

sorry for the delay in releasing an updated script. it was finals week  :angry:

I found a bug with the bomb release, that has been fixed. I also assigned 109 stab movement to the pinky switch and moved flaps over to the flap lever. I also figured out the bug with the parking brakes button i assigned to the main stick. all these changes will be released one day prior to the next build dropping. sorry for the inconvenience. 

just as a heads up:

sorry for the delay in releasing an updated script. it was finals week  :angry:

I found a bug with the bomb release, that has been fixed. I also assigned 109 stab movement to the pinky switch and moved flaps over to the flap lever. I also figured out the bug with the parking brakes button i assigned to the main stick. all these changes will be released one day prior to the next build dropping. sorry for the inconvenience. 

I will be interested in seeing your scripting for the flaps on the flap lever.

I still have to work out setting a delay in those combo key presses for mine.

In fact for a bit today, I had the script editor open and the script manual, trying to wrap my head around some of the scripting. I am determined to learn it! I will go back to studying it in the morning with my coffee.

Heck back when I had the Cougar, I had learned the Foxy way of doing it very well without using it's GUI - you would think I could do the same with Target.

It would have been nice if TM had included this delay functionality in the advanced GUI as well.

My only gripe in this case with BOS, is some key combos work whilst some do not, pretty much trial and error to find the ones that will need the delay. Course guess it could just be added for all key combo presses to be safe huh.

I will be interested in seeing your scripting for the flaps on the flap lever.

I still have to work out setting a delay in those combo key presses for mine.

In fact for a bit today, I had the script editor open and the script manual, trying to wrap my head around some of the scripting. I am determined to learn it! I will go back to studying it in the morning with my coffee.

Heck back when I had the Cougar, I had learned the Foxy way of doing it very well without using it's GUI - you would think I could do the same with Target.

It would have been nice if TM had included this delay functionality in the advanced GUI as well.

My only gripe in this case with BOS, is some key combos work whilst some do not, pretty much trial and error to find the ones that will need the delay. Course guess it could just be added for all key combo presses to be safe huh.

MapKey(&Throttle, FLAPU,CHAIN(DOWN+L_SHIFT, D(), DOWN+'f'));
    MapKey(&Throttle, FLAPM, CHAIN(UP+'f', UP+L_SHIFT)); 
    MapKey(&Throttle, FLAPD, 'f');

it looks like that. essentially, the flap lever is centered for no action. so the middle flap position ensures that f is not pressed and left shift is not pressed. the flaps up position is under the forward position on the lever. once the flap lever is moved to that location, left shift is held down and f is held down. the flaps down position is slotted for the aft most position on the lever, once the lever is moved to that position, f is held down. 

MapKey(&Throttle, FLAPD, 'f');

it looks like that. essentially, the flap lever is centered for no action. so the middle flap position ensures that f is not pressed and left shift is not pressed. the flaps up position is under the forward position on the lever. once the flap lever is moved to that location, left shift is held down and f is held down. the flaps down position is slotted for the aft most position on the lever, once the lever is moved to that position, f is held down. 

Thanks for that.

Couple of questions if you don't mind.

1: I see you have a D() in there which is for the delay, but do not see a value in here for the delay? Is it using a default which works fine for BOS recognizing the combination key presses?

2: I have been reading up on the Script Editor Basics, while having the script editor open and studying it.

I come from having the TM Cougar prior to the Warthog, and was familiar with programming using the Foxy software. In it we created both the joystick file, and the macro file. I see there are macro files in TARGET as well.

So does one do the same, create the actual macro file, then the joystick file? Or do you do it all with scripting in the main joystick file , and the software then generates a macro file for it when it is run??

Trying to get my head wrapped around it better to just dig into it and get started, just unsure of where and how to start... after reading through the editor basics I can see I really want to learn this and to program my profiles going forward with the scripting, as it will allow me much more depth.

Thanks for any tips,

Edited by dburnette

Thanks for that.

Couple of questions if you don't mind.

1: I see you have a D() in there which is for the delay, but do not see a value in here for the delay? Is it using a default which works fine for BOS recognizing the combination key presses?

2: I have been reading up on the Script Editor Basics, while having the script editor open and studying it.

I come from having the TM Cougar prior to the Warthog, and was familiar with programming using the Foxy software. In it we created both the joystick file, and the macro file. I see there are macro files in TARGET as well.

So does one do the same, create the actual macro file, then the joystick file? Or do you do it all with scripting in the main joystick file , and the software then generates a macro file for it when it is run??

Trying to get my head wrapped around it better to just dig into it and get started, just unsure of where and how to start... after reading through the editor basics I can see I really want to learn this and to program my profiles going forward with the scripting, as it will allow me much more depth.

Thanks for any tips,

with the scripting software, there is an option to implement a default delay between keystrokes. this is typically between 30 and 60ms. when you do a chain command like i did here, one thing i have found that makes it much easier for BoS to recognize individual key presses is to implement said delay. you can find the delay by looking at line 9 of my script. to save you some time, the line typically reads:

SetKBRate(32, 50);

so above you see two seperate numbers, 32,50. 32 is the minimum value, 50 is the maximum. the D() function i believe utilizes the minimum value which is more than enough for BoS to recognize individual keystrokes

you can do macro's, but to this point i havent really seen a need to, so i havent bothered with it. 

hope this helps

Edited by -MG-Cacti4-6

It does, thank you - going to continue reading in the script editor basics and play around with the editor, at some point this will all kind of come together for me I am sure.

Would be easier if they just left the server running all week :)...

Well will give me something to do in the meantime - course what I am going to do with the family coming in for the holiday is another story lol...

Well will give me something to do in the meantime - course what I am going to do with the family coming in for the holiday is another story lol...

simple. give them food poisoning...mild of course...and you will be left alone. problem solved

simple. give them food poisoning...mild of course...and you will be left alone. problem solved

That is soo tempting LOL.

with the scripting software, there is an option to implement a default delay between keystrokes. this is typically between 30 and 60ms. when you do a chain command like i did here, one thing i have found that makes it much easier for BoS to recognize individual key presses is to implement said delay. you can find the delay by looking at line 9 of my script. to save you some time, the line typically reads:

SetKBRate(32, 50);

so above you see two seperate numbers, 32,50. 32 is the minimum value, 50 is the maximum. the D() function i believe utilizes the minimum value which is more than enough for BoS to recognize individual keystrokes

you can do macro's, but to this point i havent really seen a need to, so i havent bothered with it. 

hope this helps

Ok so I have been reading and am now working on trying to create just a test script profile.

First thing I am working on is mapping all the Warthog Axis'

Seems to me I will be mapping all the axis pretty much the same for any profile I might create, but one has to go in and type all that info in each time for each individual axis?

Does it really matter where it is positioned in the script file? I am putting mine down under where the initialization  code will get entered. In looking at yours your mapping seems to be scattered throughout the file?

The impression I get from reading the scripting basics is once one gets the hang of it, it is actually faster than using the gui - boy have I got a long way to go...

dburnette, I don´t think you´ll have that long way to go, I found out that suddenly you get the grips of it and then you can almost do it blindfolded! My problem is to make the script and the game  to cooperate! I DO want to use the pinkie as shift key to be able to have double functions to my keys but so far I have a NOGO! Can´t seem to figure that out, it works in game but not in the settings screen, which makes setting up controls a bit frstrating, to say the least! :scratch_one-s_head:

dburnette, I don´t think you´ll have that long way to go, I found out that suddenly you get the grips of it and then you can almost do it blindfolded! My problem is to make the script and the game  to cooperate! I DO want to use the pinkie as shift key to be able to have double functions to my keys but so far I have a NOGO! Can´t seem to figure that out, it works in game but not in the settings screen, which makes setting up controls a bit frstrating, to say the least! :scratch_one-s_head:

I hope that is the case, that it will all suddenly come to me, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Edited by dburnette

Hey guys, question,

When creating a new script, does the info below need to be included in the script? I noticed someone had this in theirs - Kappone I believe.

I am still somewhat perplexed on the info that must be typed into a script when creating a new one...

Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);
    Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);
    Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
    Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);

Hey guys, question,

When creating a new script, does the info below need to be included in the script? I noticed someone had this in theirs - Kappone I believe.

I am still somewhat perplexed on the info that must be typed into a script when creating a new one...

Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);

I *THINK* that is always included when creating a new script....i tihnk

As promised, here is the latest iteration of my script. A few notes:

1) 109 stabilizer movement added to the pinkey switch. switch forward trims the stab to nose the a/c up. aft, trims nose down. There is a bit of a delay when the switch is centered, so it is best to use it briefly.

2) Flaps moved to the flap lever. no flap movement is the center position on the lever, flaps up is...well..the flaps up position on the lever, down is the flaps full down position on the lever.

3) rectified wheel brake/tail wheel lock issue on the DMS hat.

4) rectified bug with bomb/rocket release. Because it was set to pulse rather than a straight key stroke assignment, the game didn't detect the near instantaneous press of the B key. 

5) landing light assigned to APU switch.

6) brakes added to main stick, this is intended for Russian birds that dont have differential brakes. Plus i have rudder pedals so i have each wheel brake assigned to those axis's but had nowhere to put the wheel brakes for Russian birds. 

As usual, below you will find the visual representations of the key stroke assignments, the script can be found here.

post-18361-0-47483700-1388083450_thumb.jpgpost-18361-0-95236800-1388083457_thumb.jpg

I *THINK* that is always included when creating a new script....i think

But the user creating the script types all this info in correct, I mean none of this type of stuff is automatically inserted correct? same with all the map axis statements as well?

oh hang on, thats the scripting software detecting what you currently have installed. Since it appears you don't have a mfd set, the cougar, or the t16000, it is excluding the usage of those devices. the axis map statements are automatically included, tinkering with these will allow you to adjust linearity of the specific device. I don't mess with it though, it seems a bit overly complicated as such i just use the in game interface to adjust linearity. 

oh hang on, thats the scripting software detecting what you currently have installed. Since it appears you don't have a mfd set, the cougar, or the t16000, it is excluding the usage of those devices. the axis map statements are automatically included, tinkering with these will allow you to adjust linearity of the specific device. I don't mess with it though, it seems a bit overly complicated as such i just use the in game interface to adjust linearity. 

Ok thanks, that is what I was not sure of , was wondering if I have to go in and type all of that  information on each script I create.

That makes sense and eases my mind somewhat lol.

The Target Script Editor Basics is not real clear on those things, it tells me I have to go in and map each axis to it's direct x axis so it is recognizes properly by the virtual controller?

Thanks,

Edited by dburnette

Ok I am cooking with grease now, actually creating my first script for BOS, utilizing the IO functions, and am actually making good progress. I just had to dig in and start typing I reckon. Slow going at first but think I am starting to get the hang of it, so I should be getting a little faster at it soon,,, I hope :).

I should at least have it done in plenty of time before they turn the server on again.

I did go in and assign all the map axis, they were not showing up properly in the device analyzer when the script was running, once I mapped all of the axis to a dx axis they did.

I think it will be worth it for me to start doing these in the script editor rather than the GUI as it will give me a lot more flexibility on what I can do with the profile.

Thanks for the help,

Ok I am cooking with grease now, actually creating my first script for BOS, utilizing the IO functions, and am actually making good progress. I just had to dig in and start typing I reckon. Slow going at first but think I am starting to get the hang of it, so I should be getting a little faster at it soon,,, I hope :).

I should at least have it done in plenty of time before they turn the server on again.

I did go in and assign all the map axis, they were not showing up properly in the device analyzer when the script was running, once I mapped all of the axis to a dx axis they did.

I think it will be worth it for me to start doing these in the script editor rather than the GUI as it will give me a lot more flexibility on what I can do with the profile.

Thanks for the help,

thats always the best way to learn code. you can read books on it all day long, but until you actually start writing, you kinda dont have much to go on.

and yes, the script editor does give you much more leeway to work with than the gui

@cacti, the "(MODE_EXCLUDED)"  lines are there to as said exclude those controllers. As I have the LMFD and RMFD I use them for including more commands to the scripts. I noticed you are using the paddle swich for canopy, I want to use it as modifier as I do in other sims inorder to multiply the number of actions possible and of course as I am used to this behavior! It is always easier to lean on known and rehearsed actions when building or expanding scripts. I do think yours is valuable for me as a template because I have misplaced my advanced user manual and I don´t feel like printing out a new one. Looking at the pics of your assignements it seems pretty well laid out and easy  to adjust to my likings.

I hope you don´t mindme using the script.

@dburnette, feels all right to get into scripting, doesn´t it!? But there are a lot of tips and tricks in the full scripting manual!

@dburnette, feels all right to get into scripting, doesn´t it!? But there are a lot of tips and tricks in the full scripting manual!

Lol, have pulled my hair out a few times today getting the profile I created with the script editor to work as I desired, but have it working now for the most part - whew!

One curveball I was not expecting, in the script I was telling it to use the keypad + and- buttons for zooming in and out, and no matter what I did, Target would generate - instead of the keypad + key, a Left Shift plus the + key. I had no dang left shift key in the line for this command, can't quite figure that one out. Maybe has something to do with my keyboard ( Logitech G19) , I don't know. I ended up assigning zoom to different key presses and programming it accordingly in the Target script editor.

All of my key combo not being recognized issues seem to have gone away now, that I am using the scripting...

I still have a lot to learn, but feel pretty good I have a working profile now. I am sure I will be tweaking it all weekend though.

@cacti, the "(MODE_EXCLUDED)"  lines are there to as said exclude those controllers. As I have the LMFD and RMFD I use them for including more commands to the scripts. I noticed you are using the paddle swich for canopy,

Btw, I forgot to ask:

I do not have the Cougar, nor the MFD's - do I need to add these exclusion lines to my profile?? I currently am running it without those lines in there.

Thanks for any tips,

Btw, I forgot to ask:

I do not have the Cougar, nor the MFD's - do I need to add these exclusion lines to my profile?? I currently am running it without those lines in there.

Thanks for any tips,

Ah nevermind, am reading toward the end of the scripting manual.

Apparently, those exclusions are available for those that might have another device, like the Cougar and/or MFD's, and do not want to include them in the virtual device and leave them in DX Mode only, then you put those lines in to exclude that device...

Helps to read the manual I reckon :)

I would be curious though from any of you scripting guys, are you able to script the numpad + sign and have it generate properly? Mine, every time, generates a left shift first, even though I do not have the L_SHIFT in the statement...

Edited by dburnette

@cacti, the "(MODE_EXCLUDED)"  lines are there to as said exclude those controllers. As I have the LMFD and RMFD I use them for including more commands to the scripts. I noticed you are using the paddle swich for canopy, I want to use it as modifier as I do in other sims inorder to multiply the number of actions possible and of course as I am used to this behavior! It is always easier to lean on known and rehearsed actions when building or expanding scripts. I do think yours is valuable for me as a template because I have misplaced my advanced user manual and I don´t feel like printing out a new one. Looking at the pics of your assignements it seems pretty well laid out and easy  to adjust to my likings.

I hope you don´t mindme using the script.

of course i dont mind!  :drink2: 

Thats why i started this thread, so people could brain storm various setups and things like that for their stick. have at it and thanks for the compliment. it continues to be a work in progress, but its getting there for sure...just need to figure out what the commands are to change seats in the sim so i can program it to coolie hat left and right

Ah nevermind, am reading toward the end of the scripting manual.

Apparently, those exclusions are available for those that might have another device, like the Cougar and/or MFD's, and do not want to include them in the virtual device and leave them in DX Mode only, then you put those lines in to exclude that device...

Helps to read the manual I reckon :)

I would be curious though from any of you scripting guys, are you able to script the numpad + sign and have it generate properly? Mine, every time, generates a left shift first, even though I do not have the L_SHIFT in the statement...

for numpad plus and minuse you need to use a command called USB[numberHere]

if you look at my script you see on line 20:

MapKey(&Joystick, H3U,USB[87]);
MapKey(&Joystick, H3R, CHAIN(DOWN+ L_SHIFT, D(), DOWN+'g', D(), UP+'g', D(), UP+L_SHIFT));
MapKey(&Joystick, H3D,USB[86]);

87 is for numpad +, 86 is for numpad -  ;)

of course i dont mind!  :drink2:

Thats why i started this thread, so people could brain storm various setups and things like that for their stick. have at it and thanks for the compliment. it continues to be a work in progress, but its getting there for sure...just need to figure out what the commands are to change seats in the sim so i can program it to coolie hat left and right

for numpad plus and minuse you need to use a command called USB[numberHere]

if you look at my script you see on line 20:

MapKey(&Joystick, H3U,USB[87]);
MapKey(&Joystick, H3R, CHAIN(DOWN+ L_SHIFT, D(), DOWN+'g', D(), UP+'g', D(), UP+L_SHIFT));
MapKey(&Joystick, H3D,USB[86]);

87 is for numpad +, 86 is for numpad -  ;)

Ah ok, thanks so much for that!

Worked like a champ!

Edited by dburnette

Sorry for the stupid question here by a novice Target user but is it possible to convert a TMC file into a FCF file format so that I can use the Target GUI editor to edit and add to the file I already have? Using the Script Editor to try and edit the TMC file just makes my head spin, but I can handle playing with FCF files at my poor incompetent level. Thanks!

Sorry for the stupid question here by a novice Target user but is it possible to convert a TMC file into a FCF file format so that I can use the Target GUI editor to edit and add to the file I already have? Using the Script Editor to try and edit the TMC file just makes my head spin, but I can handle playing with FCF files at my poor incompetent level. Thanks!

If I am not mistaken, you can edit a Target GUI generated script ( FCF) file with the script editor, however you cannot edit a TMC file created with the script editor, with the Target GUI.

You can open the FCF file, save a copy of the script as TMC, and then edit it with the script editor.

Hey, the script editor and trying to learn to work with it had my head spinning too, but after reading up on it over and over in the manual, and then asking questions,  I was able to get my head around it at least enough to create a good script with it.

But really, just using the GUI in advanced mode, one can do a lot with it.

Thanks for the reply. I've realized that I'm left with trying to learn the more advanced way. Not so much against it because it's new or anything like that, time is the biggest reason for me now. Feels like one more thing added to the plate to deal with... and that's not what I want with this stuff! :)

Some bump then! ;)

I've worked on my scripting recently and here is how I managed the modifier keys problem in BoS:

For my modifier keys (L_CTL, R_SHIFT,...) I use a chain command in my macro file. I find using macro files really easy as you can name a keystroke combination in your script:

I'd like to assigne "Canopy Open/Close" to H2U. By defaut, "Canopy Open/Close" is "RALT+C". BoS seems to have trouble recognizing keystroke combination from Target. As mentionned above, we have to use a CHAIN command to do the combination.

Without macro, this command will look like this in script:

MapKey(&Joystick, H2U, CHAIN(DOWN+ R_ALT, D(), DOWN+'c', D(), UP+'c', UP+R_ALT));

Doing thath way, il's pretty hard to visualize all keystroke combination when tweaking your script or swapping a combination from one button to another for better ergonomics.

Instead, using a macro will look like this in script:

MapKey(&Joystick, H2U, CanopyToggle);

And your macro file will be:

define   CanopyToggle   CHAIN(DOWN+ R_ALT, D(), DOWN+'c', D(), UP+'c', UP+R_ALT)

To avoid unwanted keystroke during the chain command (you have R-ALT held down for a while), you can lock it like this:

define   CanopyToggle   CHAIN(LOCK+DOWN+ R_ALT, D(), DOWN+'c', D(), UP+'c', UP+R_ALT, LOCK)

Keep in mind that this way you can only simulate a PULSE command: the CHAIN will go to its end even if you hold H2U.

If you want to simulate a HOLD command you'll need to use MapKey & MapKeyR and the above example with macro won't work.

You can modify your defaut delay "D()" at the begining of your script:

SetKBRate(25, 33);

25ms being the default duration of a PULSE command and 33ms the default duration of a D() delay.

Cheers,

Edited by PA-Sniv

Surprises me a bit that you have to use the chain command. It worked without it so far for me. But it's very smart to use macros. I think i'll start doing that myself.

Just some food for though for useful bindings of the switches on the throttle:

I currently use the three stage boat switch as a combined supercharger/boost switch and i've set it up like this:

Forward = Boost on

Middle = Supercharger gear 1

Back = Supercharger gear 2

That way you not only know what supercharger gear you're currently using and wether or not you've engaged boost, but also cannot accidently use gear 2 and boost at the same time. Of course this is a bit limited, because both gears are controlled with the same command, but if you remember to put it in the middle position before spawning, you'll be fine (unless you spawn in the air and spawn at such a high altitude that gear 2 is already set, then you would need to have it in back position before spawning).

Then i use the flap switch for the bombers:

Up = bomb doors closed, speed brake retracted

Middle = bomb doors opened, speed brake retracted

Down = bomb doors opened, speed brake extended

Again, it simplifies controls in some ways. For one, you only have one switch to worry about and you can't accidently extend the dive brakes without having the bomb bays open when dive bombing in the Pe-2 (the bomb doors toggle also the little flap in the bottom of the Stuka cockpit, so it's also helpful there). Then one flip from down to up and everything gets closed/retracted so you're again good to go. Again you need to set it in the up position when spawning, to make this work.

Oh, and in case some people are also using a Warthog for the DCS 190:

I found the ENG OPER switch to work quite well for the engine starter, because of the momentary/permament combo of that switch:

Down = spinning flywheel up

Middle = nothing

Up = engaging clutch

So you flip it down and wait 20 seconds, then just flip it up until the engine starts and then just let it go back to middle.

I can upload the script later, if anyone needs help setting it up.

Edited by Matt

Surprises me a bit that you have to use the chain command. It worked without it so far for me. But it's very smart to use macros. I think i'll start doing that myself.

Don't you have any problem using a keystroke combination in BoS with TARGET? When I map 'RALT+C' in TARGET, BoS only sees 'C'.

I'd like to know more about it! ;)

Your bomb bay/speedbrake combo is interresting, but I prefer having them as separate buttons.

I also use ENG OPER momentary switch for starter, with a TEMPO command set at 2000. I'd like to use the down button for PropFeather/FireExtinguisher (I/O), but we still don't have dissociated commands for engine 1 and engine 2, which is quite annoying as long as we don't have notification when selecting engine 1 or 2 or all engines.

S! -MG-Cacti,

Getting some great hints from this thread, thanks.

Do you know why the Flaps lever is considered a "held" input while the Hat1 trim functions are considered "pulsed" in the following code?

//Trim on Hat 1. Pitch H1 up and down, Rudder Left and right, Roll S3 + Left and right.
	MapKey(&HCougar, H1U,CHAIN(DOWN+R_CTL, D(), DOWN+UARROW, D(), UP+UARROW, D(), UP+R_CTL));
	MapKey(&HCougar, H1D,CHAIN(DOWN+R_CTL, D(), DOWN+DARROW, D(), UP+DARROW, D(), UP+R_CTL));
	MapKeyIO(&HCougar, H1L, CHAIN(DOWN+R_CTL,D(), DOWN+LARROW,D(), UP+LARROW, UP+R_CTL), CHAIN(DOWN+L_CTL,D(), DOWN+'z',D(), UP+'z',D(), UP+L_CTL));
	MapKeyIO(&HCougar, H1R, CHAIN(DOWN+R_CTL,D(), DOWN+RARROW,D(), UP+RARROW, UP+R_CTL), CHAIN(DOWN+L_CTL,D(), DOWN+'x',D(), UP+'x',D(), UP+L_CTL));
    //FLAPS
	MapKey(&Throttle, FLAPD, 'f');

In this code:

• FLAPU press down L_SHIFT+'f' (this is a PRESS command - every PRESS command needs to be released)
  • FLAPM releases L_SHIFT+'f' (this is the RELEASE command of FLAPU keypress)
  • FLAPD helds down 'f' (this is a HOLD command - the 'f' key is automatically released when FLAP toggle moves back to middle position)

The HAT1 simulates PULSE action because the code executes the CHAIN command to its end each time HAT1 is pressed.

Edited by PA-Sniv

Sure! Do you use the GUI or the script editor?

In the GUI, you can choose between PULSE, HOLD, PRESS & RELEASE.

In the script editor, the default keypress is a HOLD command.

For example:

MapKey(&HCougar, H1U, R_SHIFT+'f'); // This is a hold
MapKey(&HCougar, H1U, PULSE+R_SHIFT+'f'); // This is a pulse

BUT BoS seems to have trouble to read a keypress ('f' for example) with a modifier (R_SHIFT, L_CTRL,...):

- in control panel, R_SHIFT+'f' is read as a single 'f';

- in game, R_SHIFT+'f' is read as R_SHIFT+'f' and 'f' (double input)

That's why some of us use CHAIN command for keypress with a modifier.

In my script, I use Hat1 for trim as HOLD commands with DirectX buttons.

For example:

MapKey(&HCougar, H1U, DX1); 
MapKey(&HCougar, H1D, DX2);
MapKey(&HCougar, H1L, DX3);
MapKey(&HCougar, H1R, DX4);