StG77_HvB

Most effective way to climb in the Stuka?

I've been flying this plane exclusively for the past couple of weeks and my normal approach is autolevel cruise (1.25 ATA / 2400 RPM) until I hit 300 kph, then begin a gentle climb until speed is reduced to 200 kph, then level out and repeat. Just wondering if anyone has a faster/more effective method. 

There are a fair number of Stuka manuals listed here, and there is probably an indication of the best rate of climb somewhere: http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/germany/junkers/ju87stuka.html They are all in German, but hopefully someone will be able to translate. The best rate for the simulation should be fairly close to the real thing.

mosts people mistake when climbing is to pitch up as much as they can, actually less is more

you have to climb at certain ideal speed as theres the maximum lift with the minimum drag, 250, 300 kph id say

240 km/h is a good climb speed. Use the trim of the evelator.

Thank you for the advice. I have subsequently found that keeping the needle at 5 on the vertical climb indicator maintains a slow but steady climb and keeps speed in the 280kph range. At 3k alt and above this climb rate reduces speed to about 240kph. I have noticed in cold weather the plane climbs much, much more efficiently. 

240kph is a good average speed to climb, and the one I generally use in game.

For the real plane, I don't know about the manual but Eric Brown said that best climb speed is 220kph at sea level, and then add 10kph for each 1000m of altitude you climb.

realize how much fuel it carrys and how far you could go with it, most of the time half fuel or even 30% are more than enough, you can calculate via the ingame range (one of the big squares on the map is 10km X 10km ) and 200 kilogramm less fuel makes you climb better, for the counter try to start and climb with the 1800kg Bomb with full fuel load (its a real battle to even take off without using additional grassrunway)    ;)

I shoot for a speed of 250 for climbing usually. Don't use stick to climb at all. Trim it up and the Stuka is smooth flying. Depending on load out I adjust pitch trim as extreme as like 80% up. 85% rpm, 85% throttle.

Now that I've flown this bad boy a bit more I feel I can post my experience.

Lately I've been climbing with the climb indicator at 5-6, throttle and prop rpm at 75%. This will usually put my speed at around 250km/h, varying depending on height, but I never have to level out to regain airspeed.

As others have said, you can find the exact climbing specifications on some of the tables people have given on the forum, but above is what I've pretty much stuck to.