Jason_Williams

Ju-52 and Yak-1b Collector Planes Now Available for Pre-Order!

We have plenty of fighters actually, so another Yak is not really excites me.

But Ju-52 is whole another story, that is really awesome and fresh to have, hope to see some transport missions with it!

Late to the party, but...preordered...both...

Thank you for doing this, devs!

Looks the case...  :P

Ju52+Shot+down+KOPIE+2.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

Wow! I take a quick break from the keyboard for a few days and look at all the cool stuff that happens.  :lol:

The last time I did that we got tanks. This time some new planes. 

Does anyone fancy sponsoring another break for me? I hear there will be a pretty cool party in Russia next month, that'll do!  :fly:

To Jason and the Team, thanks for all the effort you guys put in, you have my support! 

Now go and make some more planes and maps and planes and gameplay modes and planes and stuff. I will buy those too.

Cheers!

Ordered both.

It's funny how this simulator struggles to stay afloat, when the quality of the product is so much better than its competition.  Whenever I want to show someone how it should be done, I use a segment video from IL-2 as proof:

When I want SB Pro 4.0 to see what an immersive terrain truly should look like, I show them videos from IL-2 and its tank module.

When DCS complains that they can't do multiplayer in one aircraft, I show them a clip from IL-2 as the example.

Likewise, it is IL-2 that I use to show them ( the 'other' Russian developer) that the relative performance of aircraft can be the same, over time, even though the additional modules are added over a long span of time.  No need for the hodge-podge of AFM/SFM/WhateverFM as an excuse to explain why mixed aircraft scenarios are so awkward in that electronic world.

In other words, when "other" simulation software folks complain that it can't be done, IL-2 is the example I use for showing that it is possible, here-and-now.

Gilman Louie was the inspiration for all of this, with his Electronic Battlefield concept.  It was his goal to incorporate Gunship and M1 Tank Platoon into the whole Falcon universe, with its add-on modules (e.g. F-18 and MiG-29).

His genius exceeded the programming and financial constraints of his time, but his concept is alive and well in the whole IL-2 franchise.

So yes, I support them with $$.

• Upvote 4

Pre-ordered the Yak-1b. It was possibly my favourite Soviet plane in the old IL-2.

I am not a hardcore flight simmer - I am more of a ground pounder - but I must say that between that other sim and yours, I would pick up yours at any time, any day. On this one I feel like that I can customize the experience - meaning, delegating to handy AI to manage my engine and other stuff - to my liking, so I can feel like a WW2 ace from the movies without the surprisingly complex "bits that don't make the cut onto the screen".

I think that you guys have received a lot of flak because of that in the past - I can understand that some folks think such niceties are a waste of development time - but without them I would be still playing the IL-2 1946 edition available on Steam, and you would have not got my $$. Also, your AI, besides helping me playing the sim, also plays the elaborate sim quite well. There's over 30 years of work on how to "solve" the problem of achieving stern conversion automatically so we can put robots in cockpits, and well, your results are pretty good :)

When I was a kid I wanted to be like Chuck Yeager, but now that I am in my late 30s I see that I would have rebounded hard like a 9mm bullet on an M1 armour plate from flight school as soon as I would have to process all the protocols, manuals and check lists... So thanks guys for allowing me to pretend to my friends and family that I am Chuck Reborn when I would probably crash my plane against the wall of a hangar more often than not.

Edited by BletchleyGeek
  • Upvote 1

I'm fairly new to this game and community and usually spend my time (and LOTS of money thats well spent) in DCS but I think the Ju-52 is one of the coolest things plus it opens up the multiplayer possibilities and seeing troops bail out is going to be great and something you don't really see ever in a flight sim.

Anyway, I plan on blowing my money on this flight sim aswell, and at these prices I find it to be a great deal. I mean, its only a matter of time as I have nabbed all the DCS modules damn near at this point and basically maxxed out a War Thunder account (which I don't even play anymore, just the occasional romp, see what sort of things they are up too).

I want you to succeed as much as the other guys.

Well you really enjoy flight sims! If you want to support the devs making this game, also check out rise of flight, it is WW1 and a bit different, but I think you might enjoy the career, rise of flight has the best SP experience I have ever seen in any flight sim.

Well you really enjoy flight sims! If you want to support the devs making this game, also check out rise of flight, it is WW1 and a bit different, but I think you might enjoy the career, rise of flight has the best SP experience I have ever seen in any flight sim.

Damn right. The stock career, PWCG, static campaigns, and single missions make for some great SP action (and the float planes are just fun to fly around).

• Upvote 1

.... but I think the Ju-52 is one of the coolest things plus it opens up the multiplayer possibilities and seeing troops bail out is going to be great and something you don't really see ever in a flight sim.

Very true.

Damn right. The stock career, PWCG, static campaigns, and single missions make for some great SP action (and the float planes are just fun to fly around).

Even the stock RoF single-player campaign is excellent, probably the best I've seen in any commercial title.

As for RoF's float planes... these brilliant. The float-plane modelling in RoF is the best water-handling of any flight sim, and the water contact graphics are simply superb. It is a stunning implementation.

I just wish they'd put floats on the Ju 52 in BoS as a field-mod.

• Upvote 2

I would like more info on the weapons loadouts with the pre order. For the Ju do we get bombs, supply canisters and paratroops.

Still hanging out for some more info

Is there any chance we could chuck some floats on that Ju-52 as a modification in the options menu to the aircraft?

• Upvote 1

Technically the Ju52 we have in game was never fitted with floats and Jason also said the water effects have to be reworked for seaplanes. Seaplanes are coming, just not right away.

Yak-1b ordered as I don't fly Axis.... Sorry

However, Ju52 is tempting as it's such a great aircraft.

JUst fly the Ju-52 with a Swiss skin, problem solved!

I'll buy the two planes when the sales are over. Prefer to pay full price because they will be worth it.

Edited by Freycinet
  • Upvote 1

I'll buy the two planes when the sales are over. Prefer to pay full price because they will be worth it.

That is going the extra mile Freycinet. :good:

I guess they will be this cheap until they are released.

And what would you think about having the Li-2 as JU-52 counterpart ?

Could be interesting to create rich campaigns scenarios ...       

:rolleyes:

(Would also be an easy jump to the C-47 in next theaters ?) 

And what would you think about having the Li-2 as JU-52 counterpart ?

Could be interesting to create rich campaigns scenarios ...       

:rolleyes:

(Would also be an easy jump to the C-47 in next theaters ?) 

Pretty much a certainty - as long as folk take up (and buy) the Ju52. If we have an Axis transport then the VVS, and by association any other air force that turns up, needs one too. Li-2 then C-47 seems obvious to me, but convincing the fighter boys to buy it is the thing.

Cheers.

Preorder the Yak. I had hope it was the Yak-7b, in order to have a harder punch against German bombers but it is cool anyway :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Well, I can't afford these fancy new planes at the moment but I do intend to pick them up and get the BoM collector pack in the future. Anyway, after your big announcement I felt motivated to at least throw you guys (1CGS) some chump change by adding some missing RoF planes to my hangar as a show of what support I can offer right now (while scoring and incredible bargain for myself might I add, 4 planes for less than $15!)

P.S. If any of you guys are looking for fill in the gaps in your RoF hangar, now's the time!

Damn! I wrote earlier that I bought the Ju52 but wasn't interested in the Yak-1b, so only bought the one. The way I like to play flight sims is to have the historical scenario to fit the plane, not just endless dogfighting over any bit of map.

Now we are getting Kuban - and the Yak-1b fits with that absolutely perfectly - so I have no excuse... it now interests me a lot.

So it's off to break the piggy bank and get the Yak on pre-order. And it's several pints of good ale that I'm going to miss to pay for it (at least, that's how the wife imagines that these things work!!! ;) )

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Damn! I wrote earlier that I bought the Ju52 but wasn't interested in the Yak-1b, so only bought the one. The way I like to play flight sims is to have the historical scenario to fit the plane, not just endless dogfighting over any bit of map.

Now we are getting Kuban - and the Yak-1b fits with that absolutely perfectly - so I have no excuse... it now interests me a lot.

So it's off to break the piggy bank and get the Yak on pre-order. And it's several pints of good ale that I'm going to miss to pay for it (at least, that's how the wife imagines that these things work!!! ;) )

Cheers.

The Yak-1b was in Stalingrad :)

The Yak-1b was in Stalingrad :)

Not many though and towards the end, if what I read is correct. Majority were Yak-1s and Yak-7bs. So for me, as primarily a ground pounder and bomber guy, the Yak-1b would be on a par with the Mc.202 at Stalingrad - something I see as nice but not essential! :) Different in Kuban though.

Cheers.

Not many though and towards the end, if what I read is correct. Majority were Yak-1s and Yak-7bs. So for me, as primarily a ground pounder and bomber guy, the Yak-1b would be on a par with the Mc.202 at Stalingrad - something I see as nice but not essential! :) Different in Kuban though.

Cheers.

Starting in December 1942 they were at Stalingrad. So that gives us at least part of the winter campaign to use them in. They will be a hoot in Battle of Kuban!