SCG_Tzigy

pre-order is ON!!!

I love the way they've composed the description on the Ju-52 to intentionally include both Kuban and Crete - two of the highly tipped options for the next theatre :D

Designed as a civilian passenger plane in 1930s, the Ju-52/Зm saw widespread use during the entire war, essentially becoming the symbol of Luftwaffe transport operations. The plane started its military service as a bomber in Spanish civil war. It played a tremendous role in many operations including dropping paratroopers over Crete, delivering supplies to the Afrika Corps, evacuating wounded from the Kuban front and rescuing German forces trapped in Demyansk and Stalingrad pockets. Despite being considered obsolete during most of the war, the Ju-52 proved itself as very dependable and sturdy aircraft. Many countries continued to use these planes for a long time even after the war. 
Edited by Silk

Just purchased both planes and in all honesty I am really not excited about either one.  I do want to support Jason and the gang, I do want to see the CFS genre continue to be viable and I do want to see another theater or two in the future that might include a Spitfire or P-51.  And Jason, I still want the "Classic" WWV with gun sight just like the original IL2!

• Upvote 1

Just purchased both planes and in all honesty I am really not excited about either one.  I do want to support Jason and the gang, I do want to see the CFS genre continue to be viable and I do want to see another theater or two in the future that might include a Spitfire or P-51.  And Jason, I still want the "Classic" WWV with gun sight just like the original IL2!

+1 I consider the JU a flying target. Might come in handy to recover airplanes in onlinewars that support things like that. The YAK-1b i most certainly will hardly ever fly.

My support also goes to Jason and I really hope my precious Focke will get some love.

Edited by Irgendjemand
  • Upvote 1

Yeah a Spitfire would definitely help part me from my cash.

...a bit worried about how Yak-1b will perform but...............preordered as well both just to say wellcome to Jason and his new course.

DLC aircrafts policy is a must have for the future. Well done!

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

Guest deleted@103832

Ordered the Ju-52. Don't really care to fly a cargo plane that dropped a few bombs in Spain but I love this game and want to see it continue. 

Time to load up a pre-paid credit card...and catch up on my BoM purchase as well.

wow never seen people complain about $40.00 dollars before..the economy is well [Edited], so $100.00 dollars today is like $20.00 dollars..What do you expect, its not 1950's anymore. its a global market, and prices are now tied to what the market bears...

you don't like your pay do something about it get a better job..

if your not in a free country for that, then move.

you make your own choices... Mommy and Daddy aren't here to hold your hand anymore.. Or wait until myself or some one gifts it out, Imay hold a twitch viewer contest

Edited by Bearcat

I got myself into debt buying them.

Mate, at only $47 ish Aussie, ya having a laugh surely?

Edited by Haza

Some people do live hovering on the edge of nothing each month, so if someone has no overdraft then they could indeed go into ' debt', particularly if it is just before payday.

Exactly.

wow never seen people complain about $40.00 dollars before..the economy is well [Edited], so $100.00 dollars today is like $20.00 dollars..What do you expect, its not 1950's anymore. its a global market, and prices are now tied to what the market bears...

you don't like your pay do something about it get a better job..

if your not in a free country for that, then move.

you make your own choices... Mommy and Daddy aren't here to hold your hand anymore.. Or wait until myself or some one gifts it out, Imay hold a twitch viewer contest

LOL

I'm in! I pre-ordered the Yak-1B now... and I will probably pick up the Ju 52/3m later. I'm not super excited by the Ju 52/3m (I know some of you guys are, not raining on the parade!) but I want to support the sim all the same.

• Upvote 1

Some people do live hovering on the edge of nothing each month, so if someone has no overdraft then they could indeed go into ' debt', particularly if it is just before payday.

Anyway, my comment was a little tongue in cheek, as my account was broken long before I bought them!

Where are the complaints?

And what's all the crap about moving job, country and mommy and daddy?

ChiefWH,

Jason has clearly said that the game would be available for pre-order for an extended period.  Therefore, having managed people with debt, people do not have to rush into buying the game and go into further debt. I'm not here to pass judgment nor would I discuss my own finances, however, I assumed that Cybermat47 was joking! I'm married with kids and therefore have to be very careful with my money and budget for everything!

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

Cybermat is one of our younger members and still in school I think. He would probably have fewer resources than some others here.

I will purchase the day it is available!  Both of them....

Can't wait.

I will purchase the day it is available!  Both of them....

Can't wait.

its cheaper if you pre.order  ;)  ;)

I love the way they've composed the description on the Ju-52 to intentionally include both Kuban and Crete - two of the highly tipped options for the next theatre :D

They also mention the Africa Korps - a most welcome theatre - and my personal favorite, Spanish Civil War :D. This transitional period between WW1 and WW2 can be very interesing. Not that it's gonna happen...

Heard these were out for pre-order so just chipped in  :)

(and never mind me if this has been mentioned before or if there is another way)

I went to il2sturmovik.com. And see nothing on frontpage about the release of collectorplane pre-orders, news page says nothing about new collector planes available either. So I click the small "store" button, and, well nothing new there either. Then I find the "collector planes" button on a side menu. Ah.. there they are.

How about just having a big red blinking gif animation on front page every time you guys want to sell something new? I don't regularly check forums for news.

• Upvote 1

Did cybermat get a key yet? If he's in school I'll give him both planes.

Good man. :)

Yep, ordered both immediately. Now just waiting for the big news  :cool:

I am waiting for the big news about PACIFIC BATTLE ;)

• Upvote 1

I am waiting for the big news about PACIFIC BATTLE ;)

That would be very big news indeed. I don`t think it is very probable as a next theater but possible at some point.

It's on... like Donkey Kong!

Sorry...

The next theater... will be whatever the next theater is. Some of you are psyching yourselves up so much that you will either be very very happy on the off chance that it goes your way or extremely disappointed. Seeing as you are more likely to be extremely disappointed, let's take the attitude of what comes next is what comes next. Nothing wrong with stating an interest in seeing one over the other as coming next... But too much hype is bad.

• Upvote 1

I

It's on... like Donkey Kong!

Sorry...

The next theater... will be whatever the next theater is. Some of you are psyching yourselves up so much that you will either be very very happy on the off chance that it goes your way or extremely disappointed. Seeing as you are more likely to be extremely disappointed, let's take the attitude of what comes next is what comes next. Nothing wrong with stating an interest in seeing one over the other as coming next... But too much hype is bad.

I learned a long time ago NEVER to be psyched or hyped for any game, even flight sims like this. The gaming battlefield is littered with upset people who got so hyped their heads exploded when they saw the end result. Even today some kids STILL don`t get it- No Man`s Sky being the most recent prime example.

NEVER get hyped.

I'll be ecstatic with a Pacific theatre but merely bouncing with boundless joy at anything else.

We'll take that kind of optimism for sure :D

In near term... we've got two new aircraft coming. One that I've been hoping for for a long time and another one that's totally bonkers for a combat sim and I suspect I'll love it just the same. Bring on the new things :D

That wouldn't happen to be a P-39, would it? 

I guess I was being too vague... I'm talking about the ones we already know about. I've found it wise to be excited about the things that I already know about. Its much more satisfying. The Ju 52 and Yak-1B are both really interesting aircraft in their own ways. I'm looking forward to those two things.

My overall point is that yes, we get get excited about future possibilities, but a lot of you are throwing serious mental energy behind the one thing that they really want. Well a few of you are going to be really happy and a lot of you are going to be extremely disappointed no matter what happens. Be generally excited about the stuff we know about and hopeful for cool things on the horizon. Try not to miss the forest for the trees.