NHK295M

ACTION DOGFIGHT and TANKS

54 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

If I were the mission maker, I'd sorround all spawnpoints with high density, "high" level flak cannons targetting both ground and air targets.

It's a brilliant idea for anyone who wants to play alone

On 6/23/2019 at 1:41 AM, Mr_Pickles said:

Nice.

I noticed E Front had something in place too, and I was looking into how to manage it for my server. Do you have any tips on this?  How much work went into adding the tank stats - Was it mostly a case of adding modified copies of some of the existing scripts? 

I made this video on to promote ACTIONS 😄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpocksOddSocks said:

I noticed E Front had something in place too, and I was looking into how to manage it for my server. Do you have any tips on this?  How much work went into adding the tank stats - Was it mostly a case of adding modified copies of some of the existing scripts? 

for me it was 1 day and 1 night. it is Vaal' statistic it has inside 3 type of player: 'pilot'(default), 'gunner' and 'tankman', so it serve stats for gunners and tank but do not show in stats web page. Couse tank not planes - Vaal do not want to work on them, he not crazy about tanks. But license of IL2_stats allow to modify, so all in our hand. 

But some problem i found: "flight log" work incorrect do not show what player in tank kill another player in other tank. And tank "flight" always end with "crushed" result. So i just turn off orange crush icon - couse it is "normal" end, leave only red statuses (dead, captured, shotdown), etc - small changes in folder "templates"(html pages for stats), stats_whore.py, models.py,  views.py. 

Great thanks to Vaal for IL2_stats, you no need to many edits - stats work, but only need to show results of that work.

1 minute ago, Mr_Pickles said:

"flight log" work incorrect do not show what player in tank kill another player in other tank.

but in same time - it kill stored and showed in total kills, as alive tank killed. i dunno how to solve this and just leave it as  is for time, - you got show in stats tank kill that noticed as alive tank, you got points for this, but without nickname

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Pickles said:

for me it was 1 day and 1 night. it is Vaal' statistic it has inside 3 type of player: 'pilot'(default), 'gunner' and 'tankman', so it serve stats for gunners and tank but do not show in stats web page. Couse tank not planes - Vaal do not want to work on them, he not crazy about tanks. But license of IL2_stats allow to modify, so all in our hand. 

But some problem i found: "flight log" work incorrect do not show what player in tank kill another player in other tank. And tank "flight" always end with "crushed" result. So i just turn off orange crush icon - couse it is "normal" end, leave only red statuses (dead, captured, shotdown), etc - small changes in folder "templates"(html pages for stats), stats_whore.py, models.py,  views.py. 

Great thanks to Vaal for IL2_stats, you no need to many edits - stats work, but only need to show results of that work.

but in same time - it kill stored and showed in total kills, as alive tank killed. i dunno how to solve this and just leave it as  is for time, - you got show in stats tank kill that noticed as alive tank, you got points for this, but without nickname

That's good to know. I had been looking through the files, so I knew it was storing stats for tank players, but wasn't sure how much needed changing. 

Many thanks.

The server is dead due to the enormous amount of difficulty and artificial intelligence...

i set high priority to AT-guns - so they do not attack targets that not in attack area sector, difficulty lowered, that can i do, remove all at-guns, couse you have a problem with AI?:wacko:

I tested, mission can win one player in 30-40min. 

9 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

i set high priority to AT-guns - so they do not attack targets that not in attack area sector, difficulty lowered, that can i do, remove all at-guns, couse you have a problem with AI?:wacko:

I tested, mission can win one player in 30-40min. 

Last year ACTION had lots of players flying, remember that in early 2018?
I remember that you added 109s and yaks as BOTs, but they were easy to destroy and did not interfere with combat

When a player starts playing, if he is killed by BOT you know how people are, they quit the game. So ... what's important? Flow of people
Flow, flow, flow... We need players killing players, and flowing to walk on map and capture bases 

The anti tank guns and BOTs should be more like a "distraction" and not as the main enemy of the players

Reduce the difficulty of the weapons, put the worst ammunition possible for the cannons and bots. The guns have to serve to spot the enemy. And the bases have to be defended by players

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

When a player starts playing, if he is killed by BOT you know how people are, they quit the game.

Honestly I've seen people doing that on our FAC Server and every time I see such guys I think to myself "thanks god he's gone".

Who needs people who can't lose?

1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

We need players killing players

Who's "we"?

This might be your opinion, it certainly isn't everyones to the same extent.

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Honestly I've seen people doing that on our FAC Server and every time I see such guys I think to myself "thanks god he's gone".

Who needs people who can't lose?

Who's "we"?

This might be your opinion, it certainly isn't everyones to the same extent.

:drinks:

Mike

I've never seen you playing on ACTION

Salutations,

I make single player tank missions and the player contends against 100% AI bots and my missions get very good reviews by those that actually play them. I realize that this is about this particular multiplayer server but bots are not the problem in my opinion. It's the live players.

Mr_Pickles, please don't let the complainers discourage you. Just keep experimenting.  :salute:

Remember, you will never be able to please everyone. 

• Upvote 3

I play on server sometime, so i see that need to be changed, work in progress.

But i think this do not bring back players, couse they like "red servers": WoL, Efront:crazy:

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, Thad said:

I make single player tank missions and the player contends against 100% AI bots and my missions get very good

That's my point "I make single player" SINGLE PLAYER

single player

Exactly

On 7/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Mr_Pickles said:

I play on server sometime, so i see that need to be changed, work in progress.

But i think this do not bring back players, couse they like "red servers": WoL, Efront:crazy:

The difference between Red servers is that there you play against players and you almost have no AI interference

but bots are not the problem in my opinion. It's the live players.

I've seen half of Efront players (Westerners) looking for ACTION for good connection, but they ended giving up...

I know I'm boring. At least whoever supports this the way it is (coop stuff) should join and connect to the server

Edited by LUZITANO

That exactly AI disturb players, tanks, at-guns or planes?

To be honest, I prefer when there are AI around to make things more challenging and it also gives  something to do when there are no players around. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• mission start time changed from 4...18 to 4...16 hours
  • AI airplanes level set from Ace to High
  • AI tanks changed to light tanks
  • AT-guns not respawn on captured tank bases, except lapino maps base 3(on airfields) and prokhorovka(all bases)

Posted (edited)

On some maps, I've encountered some AI objects (for example Flakvierling) which were incredibly hard to kill.

I imagine the reason for this will be that the game doesn't have actual armored positions like pillboxes, so these objects are kind of a stand-in for those? Or maybe their damage level is randomized?

Of course, from a player's point of view, it's a bit of a problem because you visually identify an object and shape your tactics around what you think you're dealing with. So when you encounter such a flakvierling and it ends up wrecking your tank, it leaves a bad feeling behind, so to speak.

Edited by stupor-mundi

16 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

On some maps, I've encountered some AI objects (for example Flakvierling) which were incredibly hard to kill.

I imagine the reason for this will be that the game doesn't have actual armored positions like pillboxes, so these objects are kind of a stand-in for those? Or maybe their damage level is randomized?

I think bug-report needed, i remove static flakvierling from tank bases after i can't kill them after 10-15 rounds 75mm APHE. With moved flakvierling(sdkfz10) - no problem.

It was flaks on airfield? If i missed this on tank bases - let me know that map? On airfields i leave them with only air attack area.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

I think bug-report needed, i remove static flakvierling from tank bases after i can't kill them after 10-15 rounds 75mm APHE. With moved flakvierling(sdkfz10) - no problem.

It was flaks on airfield? If i missed this on tank bases - let me know that map? On airfields i leave them with only air attack area.

It was a static flakvierling on a winter Moscow area map, in a blue base just south of the little town which has the central flag.
Other occasions were earlier (don't remember the details), so maybe have been changed already.

Edited by stupor-mundi

tank setups changed for dark axis side, for allies same as before

Spoiler

UlJk8D1.png

DioPBDQ.png

Full real for a test:crazy:

I'm sorry, i broke stats, and it was reset:blush:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Pickles said:

I'm sorry, i broke stats, and it was reset:blush:

I really hope that's not my fault, with the gunner stuff and all...

3 minutes ago, SpocksOddSocks said:

I really hope that's not my fault, with the gunner stuff and all...

I don't know but i turn back old variant (with not working gunner stuff:crazy:)

this error was happen:

[2019.08.07 19:21:16] IL2 stats 1.2.34, Python 3.5.2, Django 1.11.18
[2019.08.07 19:21:16] missionReport(2019-08-06_19-50-14)[0] - processing new report
[2019.08.07 19:21:16] tik: 329079 - instead of a bot in an aircraft is not a living entity
[2019.08.07 19:21:19] unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\management\commands\stats_whore.py", line 16, in handle
    stats_whore.main()
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\stats_whore.py", line 62, in main
    stats_whore(m_report_file=m_report_file)
  File "C:\Users\pimpo\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\lib\contextlib.py", line 30, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwds)
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\stats_whore.py", line 306, in stats_whore
    params['act_object_id'] = event['sortie'].sortie_db.aircraft.id
AttributeError: 'Sortie' object has no attribute 'sortie_db'

30 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

I don't know but i turn back old variant (with not working gunner stuff:crazy:)

this error was happen:

[2019.08.07 19:21:16] IL2 stats 1.2.34, Python 3.5.2, Django 1.11.18
[2019.08.07 19:21:16] missionReport(2019-08-06_19-50-14)[0] - processing new report
[2019.08.07 19:21:16] tik: 329079 - instead of a bot in an aircraft is not a living entity
[2019.08.07 19:21:19] unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\management\commands\stats_whore.py", line 16, in handle
    stats_whore.main()
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\stats_whore.py", line 62, in main
    stats_whore(m_report_file=m_report_file)
  File "C:\Users\pimpo\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\lib\contextlib.py", line 30, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwds)
  File "D:\il2_stats\src\stats\stats_whore.py", line 306, in stats_whore
    params['act_object_id'] = event['sortie'].sortie_db.aircraft.id
AttributeError: 'Sortie' object has no attribute 'sortie_db'

Hmm. Well, I have had this part:

instead of a bot in an aircraft is not a living entity

But it never caused any problems with the stats updating. It might be worth me switching it off in case (nobody's taken a gunner position this month yet, but the older ones are showing for me). I don't suppose you still have the actual log file that included the tick 329079?

Also, I don't suppose you have any Flying Circus craft in any of your missions? Just wondering if the objects list has some missing items for the new planes.

FC aircrafts included in all missions - as a recon planes(spotter option turned on for them). For players and as AI.

I'm trying to do some testing on this in a test directory to see if there's any way to help, but running into trouble. Have you lost your actual mission log text files? And have you had any luck getting them from the backup folders?

"Freeware" tanks (T-34 STZ and PzIIIL) removed from bases I and II. Only on last base III that tanks available.

Posted (edited)

1. "Free tanks" removed from server. 

2. Added small-caliber AAA to tank bases.

3. AI recon planes changed level from High to Normal. They have bomb loads, maximum bombs size - 50kg. 

I want to made total full-real server, if game designers give possibility to off technical-chat - i do it. If you dislike "technochat" - support it at this theme 

Tank setups(from 0 to 4, with 20% probability for each, 0vs0, 1vs1 etc)

RED

sDp0kjf.png

BLUE

2mCpFHA.png

Edited by Mr_Pickles

Totally enjoying your server, thanks for your hard work, we’re talking about bringing our tank group here for our practice. Keep up the good work!!

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Server is back to online. But, in 3.201c Dserver.exe unstable again and down sometimes:wacko:

Added Arras(with FC planes and Ju-52 and U-2vs only, couse airfields are small) and Rheinland maps. Some changes in old maps. 

Mission duration - very long🙃 But you can complete mission objectives and next mission will be loaded.

Server RAM improved from 24 to 32Gb DDR3

Edited by NHK295M

Server back from maintenance.

Unlimited airplanes and random plane(tank) setups - only on Lapino maps leaved.

On the over maps - limited planes and tanks, balanced for gameplay. No limits for fuel and ammo loading.

Repair option added for airplanes(not tested yet) Anyway - return planes option is on.

Mission victory conditions changed, old method (hold the village) works only on Lapino winter and summer maps.

To win you must capture all flags or kill all enemy tanks.

Mission duration 12 hr. 

Time for AT-guns respawn after death increased from 15 to 45 min. And they not respawn on captured or inactive(out of tanks) bases.

AI planes have no spotter options anymore. And now they not hunt for tanks - only drop bombs over enemy base.

For playable airplanes also turned off spotter option.

FC airplanes not available on maps: prokh_s and rhein_s

Random mission generation start time period changed from 4...16 to 4...12 hour, to prevent often night mission time.

Just for information: in server difficulty only "Warmed up engine" checkbox On.

AI tanks, ships and AT-guns respawn after death time increased to 60 min.

On Lapino maps added objectives to Ju-52 - drop paratroopers on airfield with 3rd tank base and it will be captured. Drop to far airfield - will disable it.

Bombers: destroy objects on enemy airfield(Yantar and Lapino only)

Thread moved to TC, first post edited to actual server conditions.

Some changes in mission objectives.

"Free" tanks returned, except Rhein and Arras.

Limited planes on all maps.

• Upvote 1