Mr_Pickles

ACTION DOGFIGHT and TANKS

Now on server turned off planes for test, only Lapino map(summer/winter/autumn/winter(heavy tanks), random time and weather.

Changes on server:

1.GPS off

2.payloads and skins locked

3.tacview off

4.Maps reworked, four Lapino maps atm, autumn/winter/summer/winter(1941/1944/1943/1942), kuban and other must be reworked, possibly add in rotation in future

5.To Polevoe village added industrial objects (durability 50000) for gameplay and tanks navigation

6.To all villages added churchs, for tanks navigation

7.Tank bases object reworked.

8.PzIII and T-34 added to all maps. PzVI and KV-1 available at 1943 and 1944 maps

9.Big bombs not available, max 500kg

10.to Stepnoy and Dubki added ndb(beacon radar) for navigation

11.Random weather and time(sky from clear to overcast and time from 4.00 to 23.59)

12.Round time: 180min

Server discord channel https://discord.gg/rMYNKhR

5 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

4.Maps reworked, four Lapino maps atm, autumn/winter/summer/winter(1941/1944/1943/1942), kuban and other must be reworked, possibly add in rotation in future

changed to autumn/winter/summer/winter(1944/1941/1943/1942)

Did you open another server, "DOGFIGHT and TANK"? 

I would like to ask them to maintain a rotation with the mainly new aircraft and the Tiger tank

People need a server with land and air battles where they can play with new aircraft and tanks, but ... if possible, daytime battles with the larger set, with unlocked modifications

There is a large demand for players waiting

No i change name in game to TANKS and Dogfight - to inform players, on this servers priority to tank battle not for dogfight.

Time and weather in mission - is random, server not about nighttime fight, but it happens sometimes.

Tiger in 4 of 6 mission. And i'll change lapino_w42 mission to random tankset 50% it will be PzIII vs T34 and 50% PzVI vs T-34 and KV-1S.

On "41" i'll not add Tiger but then PzIIIM and PzIV released - it will be added to this mission. 

may i ask why Tacview is disabled on the server? IL-2 doesn't support live view for tacview, you can't even launch the application when IL-2 is running. So nobody can cheat but people can ues it to analyse their fly out afterwards. It would be nice if tacview was enabled again

21 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

may i ask why Tacview is disabled on the server? IL-2 doesn't support live view for tacview, you can't even launch the application when IL-2 is running. So nobody can cheat but people can ues it to analyse their fly out afterwards. It would be nice if tacview was enabled again

Then server crushes begin i disable Rcon and tacview, but seems it is not the reason of crush so i turn on tacview then server crush again🙃

Update missions:

summer/winter(mission 1 and 3 - summer season, 2 and 4 - winter)

to random weather added rain and snow variants.

at-guns placed randomly, after death respawn in 15min in same place or in another

planeset and tanks not depends from current map - then mission start them changes randomly

added searchlights to closer airfields.

Update server settings:

no kill notification

warmed up engines turn on back

Hey Pickles, 

I bought TC at the beginning of last week, and i did spend a lot of time since then on the Server and had a lot of fun. 

But i have a few questions

1) is there a pattern when the Server is online and offline ? 

2) why are the standard skins on the Tanks look e.g. Winter-Skin for the Tiger? 

3) I don't understand why one has to take 100% fuel on a plane? 

But overall its a great Server! i can wait to see more missions and new tanks

11 hours ago, [I./JG62]Lord_Efe said:

1) is there a pattern when the Server is online and offline ? 

1)Before 3.005 server works 24/7, new update brings random crushes to servers with tanks, i have no commander to auto restart server, i up it manually  then see that is down. Waiting fix crushes from developers. 

2)Skins locked on, but setting "available skins" did not work for tanks, like for airplanes - waiting fix from developers. Also this bug known with skins for La-5.

2a) In game files i found that both skins for Tiger have same name:

// Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H1 skins
"graphics\Skins\_PzVI-H1\pzvih1_01.dds" "0B5B800C" "2" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Vehicles\_PzVI-H1.txt" "White" "Standard pattern with winter camo."
"graphics\Skins\_PzVI-H1\pzvih1_02.dds" "A82D82E2" "2" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Vehicles\_PzVI-H1.txt" "'Das Reich' Imp" "The emblem of 'Kampfgruppe Lammerding', 8.Kompanie, SS-PzRgt.2/2. SS-PzD 'Das Reich' was a dancing imp - it was said that such statuette has been found in Kharkov area in March 1943 and was chosen to be their mascot."

On the over hand KV-1:

// KV-1s skins
"graphics\Skins\_KV1s\kv1s_01.dds" "3C329B5E" "1" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Vehicles\_KV1s.txt" "White" "Standard pattern with winter camo."
"graphics\Skins\_KV1s\kv1s_02.dds" "CC9F0576" "2" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Vehicles\_KV1s.txt" "Brave" "46 OGTPP, Leningrad Front, June-July 1943."

3)Fuel and payloads are locked, for difficulty and balance. Developers says that they don't want correct reaction for controls - plane react for you controls, how you move you controls - plane react. But, with this even heavy twin-engine planes with 10...30% of fuel fly like butterflies, it is unrealistic, that's why fuel locked on 100% 

4)Yesterday server was disabled manually, i made some changes:

1.Added random wind layers. Wind will be from 1...15(usual) to 50m/s🙃(rare)

2.Mission small changes.

After playing on server i would note to players - static tanks(T-34 and PzIII) on tank bases are fake with high durability (15000)🙃

3.Scoring in statistic changes: scores for armor and artillery are upper now(more than airkills score).

Couse server crush often then player respawn, time for rejoin in mission are higher now: 30sec for "finish mission" and 5min(300sec) penalty for death.

And i recommend then server mission end - don't wait then next mission load, leave and rejoin.

Sometimes then you not rejoin then next mission load - you can see bug with fantom objects from previous mission. And possible it couses dserver crushes.

Edited by Mr_Pickles
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

1)Before 3.005 server works 24/7, new update brings random crushes to servers with tanks, i have no commander to auto restart server, i up it manually  then see that is down. Waiting fix crushes from developers. 

Added auto restart then server crushes (with 1 minute delay, so it restart after 60 seconds then down)

Edited by Mr_Pickles
  • Thanks 1

Now in the plan add new locations to server, Kuban, Moskow, etc, so in few days possible stops server to add and test locations.

And we need a statistic for tanks, i have no learnings to write parser and other, if someone help with it, i and other players will very appreciate for this help...

I'm a big fan of the new mountainous Glendzhik map.

Regarding the 5 minute death penalty, under more normal circumstances I would welcome it (or maybe a shorter one). But keeping in mind the current extreme tank imbalance regarding armor and cannon, I think it amplifies it.

There is a 30 second wait to finish a mission. You fire a lot of rounds at a tiger before you even make a dent in it. The player has a lot of time to decide to finish the mission and will be able to do so before the tank blows up, and then can spawn straight away.

If you're in a T34 and a tiger damages your tracks or engine from extreme range, you end your mission but within 30 seconds the tiger will have blown up your tank and you have to wait 5 minutes.

This really drives players away.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, stupor-mundi said:

I'm a big fan of the new mountainous Glendzhik map.

Me too. But with it map server crush often((

On 9/24/2018 at 7:02 AM, Mr_Pickles said:

Me too. But with it map server crush often((

This should be fixed now. :)

I just hope your wind is not that strong anymore, or at least with less turbulence. It was like flying right through a hurricane sometimes.

Hi Mr. Pickles, may I make a suggestion?

Release all modifications and airplanes in all airfields (without limitations)

Standard weather and battle time, daylight and little wind. In the name of the mission something simpler like, "T-34 vs. Tiger 44". A front line airfield at the tank battle in the middle and another AF away  and well defended

I would love to see this server full, it is one of the best, however the randomness and limitations make it difficult

Prokh_43 has too many stuff in the map a complicated mission for a small server. Can we navigate without map support?

Also, La-5FN is missing

On 10/1/2018 at 9:56 PM, LUZITANO said:

Standard weather and battle time, daylight and little wind

Wind speed was changed(decreased) 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:56 PM, LUZITANO said:

In the name of the mission something simpler like, "T-34 vs. Tiger 44".

in lapino 1 and 2  we have 5 planesets and then mission start - one of them randomly turned on, so on one map can be 42 or 44 planeset. 

On 5/12/2019 at 9:02 PM, LUZITANO said:

Prokh_43 has too many stuff in the map a complicated mission for a small server.

yeah especially for red side... i think about it... But it's all about players, for example, quantity not too many for 32-64 player. Because then you take a tank - you decrease quantity anyway, alive you or dead - tank not returned to base.

La-5FN was in Prokhorovka 12 july 43? 

On 5/12/2019 at 9:02 PM, LUZITANO said:

Can we navigate without map support?

we can, but, can we bring new players on server, on Tank Crew with it?

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

we can, but, can we bring new players on server, on Tank Crew with it?

If you really want new players, remove the GPS

Select battles at daytime and in good weather

Remove the bots. This encourages individual players rather than multiplayer battles

Make missions simpler

Create historical missions and some alternatives

Do not limit fuel

58 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

La-5FN was in Prokhorovka 12 july 43? 

First La-5FN kill happened in 8 July near Kursk. He participated intensely in the battle of Kursk, but I do not know if he participated exactly above Prokhorovka. In any case 190 did not participate in Stalingrad and Kuban

Edited by LUZITANO

7 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

If you really want new players, remove the GPS

Tank players need GPS :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Tank players need a compass and map
It's difficult, yes it's difficult. But ... I honestly learned to navigate with tank playing IL-2, after the tanquer learns how to move on the roads it's easy

Another alternative for tanks is to limit aircraft armament by restricting bombs. Only 3.7 cm guns and rockets, maybe small bombs

Rainy weather sometimes, to hinder aircraft when attacking tanks

Now the game has a lot of artificial intelligence. That prok43 map has many goals and it's a map that goes empty and lasts for hours until it finishes

I made this video and it's been a year since I joined ACTIONS. Great Server!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Not at all. I do not enter servers with GPS. It takes away, for me, a big part of the immersion. If I can see my location as an icon on the map it just does not feel like being there, but just like being in a game. Nothing like the thrill of getting lost. You can navigate in a tank just as well as in a plane.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Gents,

If you join this server don't think about changing sides to try and level things up!

I just tried to change sides when blue's were outnumbered, only to be given a 10,790 sec penalty for changing sides!

With 3 reds and 1 blue, I thought I would level the sides, what a joke to get that big penalty with only 4 of us in game!

Just lame!

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 2:17 AM, Haza said:

10,790 sec penalty for changing sides!

The server has few players. When someone changes sides is penalized being literally kicked out of the game by a waiting line...
Many goals, lots of things scattered across the map. Please remove the tanks and cannons scattered exaggeratedly by the map ... the server has turned into a singleplayer game of humans against the computer. Fewer bases to capture and less AI, please

actions.thumb.jpg.259c8a4c65523adf74435d714b515b8f.jpg

Edited by LUZITANO

OK:wacko:

Ban for death off, no penalty for switch side, Prokhorovka cutted for 3 base.

AI only 4 tanks and 1 plane(with recon function) for each side.

Variants of setups, one of plane/tank set from 0 to 5 turn on then mission start randomly, so on any map, except prokhorovka, possible variants with PzIII vs T34 or PzVI vs T34 and KV or PzIV vs T34(in future), etc, setup №5 - only heavy planes and tanks. Some light planes have a recon(spotter) function.

Tanks Blue

Spoiler

FN9FTdq.png

Tanks Red

Spoiler

CrgZexm.png

Planes Blue

Spoiler

SAamCg7.png

aJLs2zs.png

qyCNGCM.png

MtoFgsN.png

Planes Red

Spoiler

RZGKvGe.png

z8CdKT0.png

OjXQa5i.png

z2n0g7b.png

• Thanks 1

It's me and * UFO "all the time". I very much hope that the ACTIONS will be filled as it was last year. Any chance we could choose the amount of fuel? For example, the P-47 carries a lot of fuel compared to other fighters

13 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Any chance we could choose the amount of fuel? For example, the P-47 carries a lot of fuel compared to other fighters

ok, fuel lock is off now.

I see some new missions coming up, on the Prokhorovka map.

Some of the design decisions are quite different from what had come before, and I wonder what the rationale is behind those.

A long time ago, you used to have bases that could be taken, i.e. if I came to a blue base in a red tank, and took the flag, the base would become red.

Then, still long ago, you changed the lapino missions so that taking a flag would just make the the base inactive (grey). This made the game less volatile, but also slow.

Now, on the new Prokh. missions, when, as a red tank, I take the flag of a blue base, the flag changes and a message appears, but the base stays blue, blue AIs and arty continue to spawn, blue players can still spawn.  I struggle to understand how you have envisioned that those missions should be played.

Or is the programming of the missions simply not finished yet?

Another thing that happens is that when as a red tank I blow up buildings on the blue base, it counts as friendly fire. Is that intentional?

3 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

the flag changes and a message appears, but the base stays blue, blue AIs and arty continue to spawn, blue players can still spawn.

It was on map "prokh_43" with 8 bases per side. On "prokh_s" conditions same as on lapino and other maps. But one difference - on this map 2 way to deactivate tank base: capture it and end of tanks on it(kill all tanks from that base).

And 1 June changes:

AT-guns on bases 2-3 reduced to 37-50mm(except Kuban where 3 bases)

last base still protected by 75-122mm cannons. On prokh_s map flags still with 75-76mm but quantity is reduced to 1-2.

Wind speed slower.

kuban mission duration 240min

setup №6(heavy planes and tanks) removed, now we have 5 setups with 20% probability appear in mission one of them.

also Tiger in setup №3 removed from bases 1-3, only on last base available. In setups №4 and 5 Tigers on all bases.

3 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

as a red tank I blow up buildings on the blue base, it counts as friendly fire. Is that intentional?

probably you hit another building near tank base, couse blue base set to german country and red base to ussr.

anyway "friendly fire return" option turned off on server so it only message in chat and nothing more.

Thanks for pointing those things out, it's good to have an expectation of what will happen.

12 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

probably you hit another building near tank base

So, if I understand correctly, the civilian buildings of a village are considered friendly, i.e. you should avoid collateral damage...

16 minutes ago, stupor-mundi said:

So, if I understand correctly, the civilian buildings of a village are considered friendly, i.e. you should avoid collateral damage...

couse fight on Eastern front - usually buildings are ussr country. but they not "alive" and on some maps they neutral.

19 minutes ago, stupor-mundi said:

you should avoid collateral damage...

no, it not depends to mission objectives.

12 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

we have 5 setups with 20% probability appear in mission one of them.

in mission builder i describe it "41,42,43,44,45" and i try to fill them as possible to according this years of war.

Sometime i see people ask in chat "where tigers on this map?" - they in setups 3,4,5 and possible appear in next mission on this map. Or not :crazy:

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:22 PM, Mr_Pickles said:

no, it not depends to mission objectives.

I was wrong it give 0 points. So it depends to win by score option. But win score  50000pts - too large to reach.

• Tank setups changed(in spoiler) 5 variants with 20% probability for each. 
  • AI tanks reworked, error with fast respawn fixed, they must respawn in 30 min after death. And they can't win mission(stop on 1st tank base)
  • Tank bases quantity reduced to 3 per side.
  • Tanks now limited. If base out of tanks = base captured.
Spoiler

jFkfvrT.png

gfDwB9C.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Please, battles during daylight. Battles at night in winter is impossible, when players appear these night battles empty the server

16 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Please, battles during daylight. Battles at night in winter is impossible, when players appear these night battles empty the server

I do mission generation time to 4..20h, now turn back to 4...18. Server priority move to tank battles, for them night battles not impossible. I try to understand how Vaal's statistic works, but have no special knowleges, but i try, and want to make statistic for tanks.

Also, tank setups was changed today:

Spoiler

uO2oDZu.png

Spoiler

Lx5akXG.png

Stats site not available sometime - i still working, have a problem, with alive tanks in statistic, total kills counted but in personal stats not appear couse in logs and Vaal's stats, tank and tank_turret not same object, but on the over hand AI tanks counted correctly, i dunno how to solve this problem.

And i'm just commercial driver, absolutely have no knowledges about python, programming, etc. Also have no time sometimes to server management, and personal life:wacko:

On 5/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, LUZITANO said:

It's me and * UFO "all the time". I very much hope that the ACTIONS will be filled as it was last year.

I guess base camping is the safest way to drive it empty.

If I were the mission maker, I'd sorround all spawnpoints with high density, "high" level flak cannons targetting both ground and air targets.

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1