Sign in to follow this  
smink1701

Post 109 Picks Here

Dont worry guys about cocpit. Im sure that this is not final version of cockipt.

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

After last weeks debut by the flaccid but fun to fly Lagg3 and its rather beautifully worked cockpit I was slightly.........................surprised............ by the '109 tonight. It's a tale of two 'pits.

il22013-11-2521-46-04-79.png

il2fb2013-11-2521-41-11-00.png

Is it me?

Agreed. It looks flat and lidless to my eyes and I hope it is improved upon. Cockpit appearance is important and we'll just have to see what it s like in the final build and whether or not we have been spoiled by the CloD cockpits.

Fingers crossed it'll be a tiny issue at worst.

• Upvote 1

Thats the il2 1946 HSFX7 f4 cockpit, not Clod.

edit, i should say was........

Edited by fruitbat

Lol, well that was quick!       Not trolling at all.  Just illustrating my initial thoughts on entering the '109 'pit for the first time.   However, I do understand that this is an Alpha so I presume its a work in progress?

Lol, well that was quick!       Not trolling at all.  Just illustrating my initial thoughts on entering the '109 'pit for the first time.   However, I do understand that this is an Alpha so I presume its a work in progress?

AS,

Just wanting to keep this part of the forum focused where it should be. Don't want it to degenerate into another this vs. that argument. I use the term trolling liberally please don't take offense. :-)

Jason

Great pics Furbs.

Jason

I understand Jason.  No offense taken and big congrats to the whole team for getting us in the air this quickly. :salute:  

Throught I'd blast off from the ramp so I could beat the two AI taking off to grab the first screenshot before forming up on #2 for the second shot.

190%20Panorama1.jpg

190%20Panorama%202.jpg

So whe are not allowed to compare the CloD, the IL2 1946 and the BoS cockpit with one another?

Are you 777 guys that much afraid of the result?

Seems like being open to the community has its limit...

• Upvote 1

No, not in this particular part of the forum. This part is about BOS and our 109, not a place to get on soap boxes and tell us how you think our cockpit sucks and cause endless annoying arguments.

Jason

• Upvote 4

No, not in this particular part of the forum. This part is about BOS and our 109, not a place to get on soap boxes and tell us how you think our cockpit sucks and cause endless annoying arguments.

Jason

Well heres the news flash: your cockpit doesn't "suck" at all ;)

But I am a premium user who paid 90 bucks and now I'd like to share my opinion about the product I bought, which includes the comparison to other sims in the market. We have 2013 and imho everyone benefits from a open discussion rather than from censoring/ deleting posts. And I didn't even start my "endless annoying arguments (?)".

The best way to talk about your 109 is to put it in context to other 109's (and it wasnteven CloD, it was il2 with Mods...)

Maybe the cockpit is still being worked on? Fx is not working? I am open to any info.

So please can you tell me what I am allowed to do here and what not (e.g. Posting comparison pics, mentioning other flight sims, openly not being overwhelmed by your Bf109 cockpit?). Or do I have to go to an other part of the forum for this?

I dont want to troll arround or anything I just want to take part in a constructive discussion.

Best,

Sputnik

• Upvote 3

Or do I have to go to an other part of the forum for this?

Yes, the forum for this kind of discussion is the "Early access discussion" forum or the "General Discussion" forum.

Yes, the forum for this kind of discussion is the "Early access discussion" forum or the "General Discussion" forum.

Or the 'other 1C games' forum...CoD is actually also a 1C game, some forget.

Agreed. It looks flat and lidless to my eyes and I hope it is improved upon. Cockpit appearance is important and we'll just have to see what it s like in the final build and whether or not we have been spoiled by the CloD cockpits.

Fingers crossed it'll be a tiny issue at worst.

It is all WIP as we know but remember the Bf-109 cockpit screenies of Dev Diary 17?

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=11990

Wouldn't call them flat and together with reflections they looks really nice.

Or take these 2 shots:

post-5-0-87519600-1369825289.jpg

post-5-0-00071400-1369825298.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have to say that the cockpit doesn't look as sharp as I'd expected, either. I agree with LukeFF about the degree of weathering. The gunsight cushion in particular doesn't look as good as the LaGG one IMO.

No biggie though.

I just found these 2 nice screenshots of the Bf 109 cockpit.

Skins are a bit lowrez in my humble opinion compared to cockpit.  :ph34r: 

2421212.jpg

2421222.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Upvote 1