Sign in to follow this  
FuriousMeow

Inverted Axis Note

If you had an axis inverted before, it may not be inverted when you start the game - although the options say it is. So you may have to uninvert and then reselect invert again in order for it to properly work. This happened with my throttle. So select the "invert" to uninvert it, accept, and then test. If still backwards, select "invert" again and test, this time you should be good.

This is a post for info for users, I will place it in the bug report forum as well - just putting it here so everyone has a head's up.

And don't forget to close the 109's canopy. I left mine on the runway.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Had the same throttle invert problem. By the time I figured it out(5 seconds)I left my canopy and the left wing behind as I was going full throttle down the runway. All the other controls worked fine from the start.

If you had an axis inverted before, it may not be inverted when you start the game - although the options say it is. So you may have to uninvert and then reselect invert again in order for it to properly work. This happened with my throttle. So select the "invert" to uninvert it, accept, and then test. If still backwards, select "invert" again and test, this time you should be good.

This is a post for info for users, I will place it in the bug report forum as well - just putting it here so everyone has a head's up.

Canopies are for furious pussies.....oh.... ;)

Edited by DD_bongodriver

Well, it appears the inverted axis for the throttle happens every time you exit the game and start it back up.

I don't do well with the cold Bongo, it's freezing out there.

Well, it appears the inverted axis for the throttle happens every time you exit the game and start it back up.

I don't do well with the cold Bongo, it's freezing out there.

Just about to report that too, had to double check just in case I had not accepted controls or something, but it definitely isn't sticking.

• Upvote 1

It seems like the inversion doesn't save between sessions - are you seeing that too?

It seems like the inversion doesn't save between sessions - are you seeing that too?

Yes sir! Unfortunately have to keep resetting it each session.

Every axis works fine here, i guess i better not fiddle around with them then. Very strange.

Do you have to set it inverted for it to operate in the proper direction?

I have it inverted for throttle and prop pitch. Works fine and doesn't reset.

Edited by Matt

same here as furbs, 

just launched it for a peek at the 109, everything works just fine (except for toe brakes) and she's a beauty. Far mor responsive than Lagg, you feel the powerful engine taking it in the air quickly. Lovely.

Lagg's pilot are gonna have hard times 

Had the same throttle invert problem. By the time I figured it out(5 seconds)I left my canopy and the left wing behind as I was going full throttle down the runway. All the other controls worked fine from the start.

dont need that stuff...its extra weight

Just about to report that too, had to double check just in case I had not accepted controls or something, but it definitely isn't sticking.

Mine is inverted for proper direction as of last week, jumped in tonight and didn't have any issues with having to reset.  Have both the throttle and prop pitch inverted like Matt has.

Each time i start the game, my throttle is inverted.

Have to clic invert, then accept...throttle still inverted...have to clic again invert and accept to be fine  :huh:

But each time i restart game it's again inverted.

Very annoying.

Edited by Fifi

I just posted this in the bug thread mine worked fine last week, but this week I have to re-apply my settings at each time I restart the game.

Each time i start the game, my throttle is inverted.

Have to clic invert, then accept...throttle still inverted...have to clic again invert and accept to be fine  :huh:

But each time i restart game it's again inverted.

Very annoying.

Same here. Each time, dont know why - only Throttle each time is inverted, I changed, accept... works ok, and for next "session" too same.

Hope it will be fixed soon. Each time must setup Throttle again and again.

Edited by YoYo

Same here. Each time, dont know why - only Throttle each time is inverted, I changed, accept... works ok, and for next "session" too same.

Hope it will be fixed soon. Each time must setup Throttle again and again.

Same here........  I have this problem..... :(

I dont know if anyone still have this problem, I had it and I just got rid of it :) . My joy is a t16000m and I use the slider as throttle. Everytime I started the game I would have to set my curves and mess with the throttle curve just to invert it (invert button didnt work at all) and since my slider is glitchy, I need to use 80/80, big deadzone at the ends of the pot range.

So, the files you have to change is current.map and default.map. If you change your settings in game, its going to be saved in current.map. When you restart the game the curves in current.map are going to be overwritten by the ones in default.map. Therefore, before you start the game, copy the curves from current to default.map. For the throttle curve you may need to invert it manually, putting positive values on the upper side of the matrix and negative values below.

There's still a problem. Even if you set a default curve, the curves for each engine are going to be overwritten by a "default" linear curve that comes from some place I don't know of or is generated by the algorithm. If there is a place to set a default curve for ALL ENGINES in default.map file, that shouldn't happen. There's clearly some minor bugs on the algorithm that deals with all of that.

Edited by Ewertsp