SYN_Vorlander

Bf109 - WOW

trim nose down

i didnt think trims were implemented yet. i know the commands are there but didnt think the functionality was

i didnt think trims were implemented yet. i know the commands are there but didnt think the functionality was

Works for me in the 109. The command is called "Adjustable stabilizer" though.

• Upvote 1

It's nice having that stabilizer angle indicator in the cockpit. 

I tried him out, just now. I unfortunately can't really play with him, till tonight, but my first impression was...Wow! :biggrin: He is quite a great machine. :cool:  Surely my landing technique would still lead any real pilot to a reflexive face palm, but i even landed his lovely frame, without damaging his undercarriage or any other part of his structure. He is a masterpiece. I did notice that the Founder's skin was not available. Anyone else have this happen? Till tonight... :salute: MJ

Pls refer to such beautys always as "her", not "him" !!! Planes with such a beautiness deserves the female tag :P

Pls refer to such beautys always as "her", not "him" !!! Planes with such a beautiness deserves the female tag :P

Yeah but they where called "Friedrich", a German male name :rtfm: .

:salute:

My grandmother was called John Henry....

:biggrin: Did she work on the railroad over here?

:biggrin: Did she work on the railroad over here?

Ha! no, her parents wanted a boy, weirdly enough her parents were German and South African so the choice of name should have been different.....like Jaapie Heinrich.

There is no founders skin, thats a shame...

Yes Thats what I thought it was called too. B6 just told me in another thread its a "gift skin". Did not know that.

But I do love flying this 109. Even the little details..109 in the revet with the engine cowls open or the tracks in the snow, fuel trucks and so on.

109-2_zps6b39ac64.jpg

Ha! no, her parents wanted a boy, weirdly enough her parents were German and South African so the choice of name should have been different.....like Jaapie Heinrich.

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Yes, after few more hours of flying, have to admit BOS 109 is very nicely done.

Can't wait for more fonctional features in it, 

Sounds are finally amazing and very immersive.

One thing really missing is an improved gauges glasses reflections though. Actually they are not rendering well, if not at all...

I agree on the gauges and really the entire cockpit needs a lot of polishing, if they can get the cockpit to look like the external view of the plane then it would for real be the top dog it is supposed to be..

• Upvote 3

"Ooh shit !!! i'm going to miss my date with that beautiful nurce at the field hospital...I'LL GET OFF HERE !!...You are free to enyoy yourself until you run low on fuel...then get back to base...se you tomorrow..."

Me and my 109 have a good relationship...

I had not tried the bail out yet and decided to give it ago today to watch the animation...I was sure my plane would crash and burn rather quickly...but no...After me leaving the plane my 109 did some fancy low-level turns and then a BEAUTIFUL LOOPING followed by some more turns...It nerver crashed (the mission ended)

I have a very obedient airplane...It was kind of fun to watch...

Edited by IIrepsol

"Ooh shit !!! i'm going to miss my date with that beautiful nurce at the field hospital...I'LL GET OFF HERE !!...You are free to enyoy yourself until you run low on fuel...then get back to base...se you tomorrow..."

Me and my 109 have a good relationship...

I had not tried the bail out yet and decided to give it ago today to watch the animation...I was sure my plane would crash and burn rather quickly...but no...After me leaving the plane my 109 did some fancy low-level turns and then a BEAUTIFUL LOOPING followed by some more turns...It nerver crashed (the mission ended)

I have a very obedient airplane...It was kind of fun to watch...

i bailed out in my lagg at maybe 50' tops....dude did a faceplant in the snow...i lold

I agree on the gauges and really the entire cockpit needs a lot of polishing, if they can get the cockpit to look like the external view of the plane then it would for real be the top dog it is supposed to be..

If they can't improve gauges rendering, a good modder probably will...

Ricardo, where are you???  :biggrin:

Compared to real pictures, and not other games, of the 109's cockpit the only thing I can see it needing is a glass cover appearance for the guages.

She's a beauty, however I think her engine doesn't sound right, shouldn't it have that distinctive high pitched whistle? Had one zip over me a couple of years ago, going at a fair wack to buzz Biggin Hill and it had this beautiful turbo whistle sound. You can hear it in this vid of a restored E4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUUlO6ihwE

Thought it might be my headphones, but couldn't hear it on this vid posted earlier.

Ok i have occasion check BOS myself with stick in hand not watching videos.

Ground handling in 109 is nice done for me as for taildragger with toe brakes and lockable tailwheel. Very good.

But when i got into air i confirmed my previuosly feeling. Planes flyes in the air like there were hanging on gums. Not feel like real thing really to me. I flew RL planes but never experienced such behaviour in the air. And it is not air movement just planes reaction on control surfaces. Planes wobles like the hell in all directions. Not really compare to real thing. DCS P-51 is really really much better here and much more close to real life flying.

I really had mixed feeling about BOS flight model engine now.

Woops!

Don't smoke in the cockpit or fire flares at the floor ;)

2013_11_26__21_1_21_zps5a7ddc59.png

Edited by Fragal

Confused pilot here, I had a hell of time flying the lagg, found it very difficult to get off the ground as well as fly - it was all over the place for me.   I started to question my own piloting skills, but the 109 is smooth as silk, easy to fly and goes where I want does what I want.   I'd say 60% easier to fly than the lag for me.  

Confused pilot here, I had a hell of time flying the lagg, found it very difficult to get off the ground as well as fly - it was all over the place for me.   I started to question my own piloting skills, but the 109 is smooth as silk, easy to fly and goes where I want does what I want.   I'd say 60% easier to fly than the lag for me.  

Real men drive manual. Just k/d.

Just set the prop pitch to max in the LaGG. Slowly get to full throttle. Take off  just fine.

I am not a pilot or anything and what I am going to say is pretty much a shot in the dark, but I imagine that a plane at 400km/h can't be all over the place. Don't the aerodynamics' and the air pressure give the flight a sort of "stay in line, boy" kind of a feel? If I give a kick to the Bf 109 rudder, it waves around but goes back in line like pulled by a magnet. For me, it just feels right, and feels right in terms of the plane too. But this is me, totally laic.

When the plane starts to wave all over and swirls around its axes is when I start to question the flight model.

I am not a pilot or anything and what I am going to say is pretty much a shot in the dark, but I imagine that a plane at 400km/h can't be all over the place. Don't the aerodynamics' and the air pressure give the flight a sort of "stay in line, boy" kind of a feel? If I give a kick to the Bf 109 rudder, it waves around but goes back in line like pulled by a magnet. For me, it just feels right, and feels right in terms of the plane too. But this is me, totally laic.

When the plane starts to wave all over and swirls around its axes is when I start to question the flight model.

you're right and I overstated just a bit what I intended to say.   I really had a hard time with the Lagg though, had to learn to fly all over.   Not sure if that helped prepare for the 109 or it's just much easier to control.

That's right an entire week  since we last had access, ok not a whole week but close enough.   I noticed the % completed is still only 32%, I was expecting something like 45% complete.   At this rate they will never meet the December 1st, 2013 deadline  :crazy:

Edited by AcesHigh

What December 1st deadline?

I don't expect anything close to 50% of their estimated project build until mid-January at the earliest.

They are aiming for a spring release, which could be late March, April, May or early to mid June. So, lots of time left for it all to come together. LOTS of time left.

Reading more it the distinctive compressor whine of the Daimler Benz engine that I can't hear.

I can hear it, but only from the outside.

2nd week, 2nd video, this time with the Friedrich!

What a beautiful aircraft, the external model is really gorgeous but unfortunately I cannot express the same enthusiasm about the cockpits, they feel somewhat lacking in feel compared to CloD.

In the air the Friedrich is a real thoroughbred and handles beautifully but the landings can be challenging. The 109 does bounce a lot more on touchdown than the LaGG-3 which is the reason why I succeed in messing my gear up on the very first touch&go landing in the video. That however is not a bad thing as I get to show off the damage modelling in the 2nd landing. Thereafter 2 good landings at night and a friendly encounter with a pair of 109s.

• Upvote 2

I think i'm in love with 109 incockpit sounds!  :biggrin:

In my headset, the cruising speed sound is just fantastic!

Weren't 109 trim tabs set on the ground with no in cockpit controls to adjust them so they were configured for level flight at a certain speed only? Or was that only the 190?

As said before in this thread,  the 109 has adjustable stabiliser control but it has a set rudder trim tab. This is set up by the ground crew. I doubt the rudder trim will be ajustable for the game.

Yes, I saw that earlier. I knew it had an in-flight adjustable horizontal stabilizer but I thought the trim tabs were adjustable only on the ground - which they were as was pointed out and it was so the plane was trimmed out for a particular speed.

However, the 109 has red tabs on it's elevator - are these not trim tabs? So it could be adjusted for trimmed out flight at a particular speed but the horizontal stabilizer could be adjusted for pulling out a dive when the forces were too great for the pilot to do so under his own strength?

Edited by FuriousMeow

Yeah but they where called "Friedrich", a German male name :rtfm: .

:salute:

Liar! It's not "Fiedrich"! It's definitely "Frieda"! I took quick look under her sk... tail rougi.gif

Maybe I had a little too big expectations but I find CloD cockpit more visualy appealing :( Awww too bad I can barely play right now (hopefuly we will get rid of this mid-week nonsense soon), I would definitely put her to the limits :(

Edited by Marrond

I really had a hard time with the Lagg though, had to learn to fly all over.

Oh, boy, me too!

Maybe I had a little too big expectations but I find CloD cockpit more visualy appealing :(

It's an alpha, give it time. I've seen many a cockpit in Rise of Flight that wasn't quite up to spec when initially tested but ended up looking great.

noticed no con trails above 7000m I guess its not implemented yet . but awesome !!!

Wonderful plane, powerful and just a joy to throw around, really makes the Lagg-3 feel sluggish. Had fun with the night mission, pushed into the front of the landing pattern, well I did have the leopard paint on, had to be done. A little bouncy, but made it. I read the F and G2 models were the most loved versions of the 109, not obviously had the chance to try the others for obvious reasons yet.

I wonder what we'll get next week? :)

Hopefully Lagg trim  :blink:

• Upvote 1

It's an alpha, give it time. I've seen many a cockpit in Rise of Flight that wasn't quite up to spec when initially tested but ended up looking great.

Hey, it wasn't end-of-all-final-statement. By expressing our current feelings we help devs to shape final product in the future, no need to hold back ;)

Aaaaand they didn't put in our exclusive skin yet but I'm pretty pleased with "Green Heart" one - allways loved this one :3

Unlockables and guns propably?

Hopefully Lagg trim  :blink:

I expected it to arrive with this week. Hopefully it will be adressed before end of December where supposedly multiplayer will be implemented.