Sign in to follow this  
zyss

When can we pre-order senior piston-engined aircrafts?

We can soon pre-order Yak-1b and Ju-52 now, but when the senior piston-engined aircrafts? Like Ta-152, Bf109K4. La-9, IL-10, IL-2 type3, maybe early and mid time of WWII  piston-engined aircrafts are good idea, but I think there are more people love senior piston-engined aircrafts, that's why DCS world released Bf109K4, Fw190D9 and P51, not Bf109F4, Fw190A9 and P40.

Almost my friends want to fly a senior piston-engined aircrafts in IL2 BOS, so why not make a plan for that? Campaign? We don't need it, just give us a fictitious map or campaign, which can play senior piston-engined aircrafts and other pre-order planes on it will be OK.

Too less aircrafts( especially senior piston-engined aircrafts) is a very serious deficiencies of IL2 BOS series, why not try to fix it?

The Gloster Octogenarian, Supermarine Senile, North American Incontinent and Heinkel's Old-Volks fighter...?

• Upvote 7

LOL! Hilarious!

but my english is not good too :)

Edited by Voidhunger

We can soon pre-order Yak-1b and Ju-52 now, but when the senior piston-engined aircrafts? Like Ta-152, Bf109K4. La-9, IL-10, IL-2 type3, maybe early and mid time of WWII  piston-engined aircrafts are good idea, but I think there are more people love senior piston-engined aircrafts, that's why DCS world released Bf109K4, Fw190D9 and P51, not Bf109F4, Fw190A9 and P40.

Almost my friends want to fly a senior piston-engined aircrafts in IL2 BOS, so why not make a plan for that? Campaign? We don't need it, just give us a fictitious map or campaign, which can play senior piston-engined aircrafts and other pre-order planes on it will be OK.

Too less aircrafts( especially senior piston-engined aircrafts) is a very serious deficiencies of IL2 BOS series, why not try to fix it?

Hi , i get what you mean, we call these aircraft "late-war" aircraft by the way.

The policy of the development team is to build aircraft around a delimited (time and space) theater of operation that is why we do not have single late-war types in the game.

• Upvote 1

Probably because DCS have released Bf109K4, Fw190D9 and P51. (but no WW2 map as yet).

What is the attraction, more power?

Probably because DCS have released Bf109K4, Fw190D9 and P51. (but no WW2 map as yet).

From the IL-2 1946 days we always had a strong group of players that wanted the most powerful WWII fighters they could get. They didn't want jets typically... just the late war piston engined types. They are likely drawn to the engine power, firepower, and high performance all around. In our one server these folks would leave as soon as an earlier war scenario (say Moscow 1942) came up.

I like the fact that we don't have any orphaned aircraft in the new IL-2 series. Everything is built around a battle and all of the aircraft have the appropriate stablemates that match up historically and are relatively close from a performance standpoint too. I'd love some late war types sometime but only with a scenario that calls for them.

I'd like to add to Feathered's list too... :)

- Hawker Well Aged Mark IV

- Yakolev Fossil

• Upvote 3

The Gloster Octogenarian, Supermarine Senile, North American Incontinent and Heinkel's Old-Volks fighter...?

PZL Dziadek :)

• Upvote 1

Yep, putting late WW2 planes in an early theatre or visa/versa would take away the emersion from an historical point of view.

Lets prey that does not happen with IL-2.

Can we get a modern day Caucasus map to go with the senior pistons? What are we waiting for?

• Upvote 1

Can we get a modern day Caucasus map to go with the senior pistons? What are we waiting for?

Are you insane? We have to make modern day units first! Then it'll be just like Germany in 1945!

But seriously, while I love DCS, the fact that they have so many awesome aircraft and nowhere to put them just boggles my mind. I'm only sticking with modern aircraft at the moment, as they're the only ones that make sense for the map.

Edited by Cybermat47

El Gringo Mustango Reposado!

Edited by Brano
  • Upvote 1

I think the Americans made the Douglas ALZ Dementor by the end of the war, but I can't remember what it was used for.

I'm going to hell for this.

Edited by Hellbender

The Gloster Octogenarian, Supermarine Senile, North American Incontinent and Heinkel's Old-Volks fighter...?

Brilliant!

Großtante Ju. 

Sturzkrampfoma (Stukra)

Grandaunt Ju

Plunge Cramp Grandma

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann