II/JG17_HerrMurf

Almost Ready to Announce

They are going to do a server side option to customize the Techno chat and turn off the help/tips....... :)  

Maybe not then........ id pay just for that!!!

Hopefully DX11 and Murmansk.

• Upvote 4

Question is, how well can engine now handle many objects in the air. Even with recent update to 64 bit I have my doubts about 50-80 aircraft close, not to mention hundreds. 

Edited by =LD=Hiromachi

Yes, the difference is huge. Same is interesting for me how Japanese, British or French aircraft would handle in game. It feels so nice to actually see those differences in handling over the generic feel I always had with Il-2 1946 or War Thunder. Lot's of aircraft, but what of it if each is limited by flight model simplicity and engine design. Good point Chief !

I will buy and preorder anything from this company. 

i ' m so excited about the coming announcement.  :)  :)  :)

• Upvote 2

Well, for me it's a mixture of scenario and updated engine/optimization. The game's performance is simply not good in my opinion, just like the spotting is probably one of the worst one will encounter in flightsims right now. Add to that that I consider BoM a very lazy expansion in terms of new stuff and I probably second the notion that I will not buy anything in Russia again. BoM simply was not worth it in my opinion. If they bring forth an interesting new setting with fresh planes/models - yeah, I'm interested, but I would never preorder it or anything. First thing is checking out the graphical fidelity, spotting mechanics and overall performance, before I lay down cash again. I've spent 200$ on this game. I played it for a while and then I stopped. I have probably gotten more time out of a single DCS module like the A-10C than I've gotten time out of this entire game and I've gotten a LOT more time out of CloD. So I'll just do the smart thing everybody should do when presented with the option of buying a game/supporting it: Wait for it to come out, properly inform yourself about the product and then make the decision to buy or to pass.

Both the bashing blindly side and the cute little mob of die-hard fanboys are simply doing it wrong. ;)

And concerning the "They will first bring out a Russia DLC and then use the money to develop a real one"-shenanigans some people fear: If they try to pull that, good luck getting the funding I suppose. :D

If you want brazilian money, so make Italy and P47s. Otherwise forget it! !!

Love this forum! ! Sometimes I don't know what's funnier, flying or reading :P

• Upvote 5

They are going to do a server side option to customize the Techno chat and turn off the help/tips....... :)  

Hey Schuck !! Is your mickey mouse 1940s style or too modern for WW2??

Well, for me it's a mixture of scenario and updated engine/optimization. The game's performance is simply not good in my opinion, just like the spotting is probably one of the worst one will encounter in flightsims right now. Add to that that I consider BoM a very lazy expansion in terms of new stuff and I probably second the notion that I will not buy anything in Russia again. BoM simply was not worth it in my opinion. If they bring forth an interesting new setting with fresh planes/models - yeah, I'm interested, but I would never preorder it or anything. First thing is checking out the graphical fidelity, spotting mechanics and overall performance, before I lay down cash again. I've spent 200$ on this game. I played it for a while and then I stopped. I have probably gotten more time out of a single DCS module like the A-10C than I've gotten time out of this entire game and I've gotten a LOT more time out of CloD. So I'll just do the smart thing everybody should do when presented with the option of buying a game/supporting it: Wait for it to come out, properly inform yourself about the product and then make the decision to buy or to pass.

Both the bashing blindly side and the cute little mob of die-hard fanboys are simply doing it wrong. ;

And concerning the "They will first bring out a Russia DLC and then use the money to develop a real one"-shenanigans some people fear: If they try to pull that, good luck getting the funding I suppose. :D

Moscow plane set is amazing! ! I think you should read product features again.

Funny you should post just now, because your sig (and the detailed post linked from it) is my dream too!

(I'm not going to get my hopes up though. What will be,..will be)

I carry it around for some time, no huge hopes here but still keep my fingers crossed. It's not impossible to see NG or Solomon Islands. It would actually make a lot sense. 

@up To be fair I find Moscow aircraft far more entertaining than BoS. They are all quite different - slow and agile I-16, fast but hard to handle MiG-3, 109 E-7 and F-2 which are considerably different. Also Moscow map is freakin awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Schuck !! Is your mickey mouse 1940s style or too modern for WW2??

It was quite popular in II./JG5.

post-1464-0-98637000-1471213506_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-46527700-1471213575_thumb.jpg

One thing that I also miss in all this is immersive single player with a story and a pilot behind. Intros, endings, each mission with unique storyline. 

See the old Combat Flight Simulator 2, such a simple yet immersive intro !

Or this

Hopefully we can get closer to this some day. At least a tiny bit.

We have high hopes gathered in this thread, I really can say that I will try to support them but also hope that they can satisfy the hopes :)

• Upvote 1

the spotting is probably one of the worst one will encounter in flightsims right now.

That's a strange comment because I consider BoS, BoM and RoF to be superb in this criteria. And "flight sims right now" consists of only two company's products. 1CGS and ED. And this game is probably just a bit better than DCS in this regard. When you say "worst" what is your comparison? Considering much of the action in BoS and BoM is white camouflaged aircraft dueling over white snow. And the ability to see and identify other aircraft and ground targets is very good. I'm curious what game you think is "better"?

Im annoyed by the same flat maps, I know they are realistic, but annyoing nevertheless. My hope is that, even if they decide to stay on eastern front, they ll do Kuban or something like that, so that they could improve naval operations, maybe prepare for the pacific :)

You're annoyed by flat maps and you want them to move to the Pacific?

• Upvote 2

You're annoyed by flat maps and you want them to move to the Pacific?

Well, technically sea is rarely flat. There is that thing called wave. And they often go as high as 20-30 ft, with largest going to 50-70 ft (but those happen with tsunami). 

I'm fascinated by WW2 aircraft. Not western WW2 aircraft. Not eastern WW2 aircraft. WW2 aircraft.. I'll buy whatever they sell if that means they keep making WW2 aircraft.

• Upvote 10

I'm fascinated by WW2 aircraft. Not western WW2 aircraft. Not eastern WW2 aircraft. WW2 aircraft.. I'll buy whatever they sell if that means they keep making WW2 aircraft.

Amen.

• Upvote 1

Well I for one will buy whatever they put out in the future to keep the genre alive.

• Upvote 5

Wait what!? really? where did they say that??  id love that! 

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Hey Devs, would be nice to find out when in the timeline DX11 will fall in... Before or after the next theatre release.

Will support whatever you throw at us.

PS. Also...Please save us from Pokémon Go. It's like watching the walking dead. There were hundreds walking around a little lake endlessly at the park in the center of town. There are no words to describe it.

When I read many of those posts here I get kind of upset. Damn if I were a developler i'd left this community and genre behind long ago. too bad those devs are so into it and their work is getting bashed all along. Many in this simulator crowd really got issues. You could just enjoy what great content there is in this game or not. If not just leave it, bring something into it or do something else, get along with your live. It obvious that a lot of whishes cannot be fulfilled and something will always be flawed.

I for myself will support this team however long they continue to keep up their work and however uninteresting a theatre should be for me at first.

Really impressed by this teams endurance.

Meh. After CLOD I'm not going to be fooled a 2nd time. Never pre-ordering again. Never buying blindly again. I don't care for Battle of Britain scenarios but I bought it anyways to support the development of WWII flight sims. Those days are over.

CLOD was one of the few games I've bought where I actually felt cheated out of my money. The gap between what was promised and what was delivered was more of a chasm.

However I seem to be one of the minority here that actually really likes Eastern Front scenarios. Yak is so sexy.

Edited by JG13_opcode

Exactly right.

Meh. After CLOD I'm not going to be fooled a 2nd time. Never pre-ordering again. Never buying blindly again. I don't care for Battle of Britain scenarios but I bought it anyways to support the development of WWII flight sims. Those days are over.

CLOD was one of the few games I've bought where I actually felt cheated out of my money. The gap between what was promised and what was delivered was more of a chasm.

However I seem to be one of the minority here that actually really likes Eastern Front scenarios. Yak is so sexy.

CLOD's development seemed to always be stalled and having a lot of difficulty. When they finally said it was coming out... the gameplay shown up till that point had me so worried. And yeah, it was a disaster. We have some idea of the story behind that disaster and when the new 1CGS team took over IL-2... I was immediately more impressed with their strict adherence to their plans and not building too much too soon.

You're not the only one that really likes East Front scenarios. They have so much tactical air warfare that works perfectly for the types of missions I like to fly. I suspect lots of us are interested in flying on the East Front some more with no qualms. I'm interested in seeing other stuff too but I like the continuity between Moscow and Stalingrad and a future product building on that would be great. Seeing as Jason has said they are planning on the next one and the one after that, there may be similar plans in the East or in the West or Pacific or wherever as well.

Yak is so sexy.

It's a matter of taste.  The Yak-1 looks like a family caravan to me.  I'll be buying the 1b purely for aesthetic reasons.

They already suggested the idea of having far away aircraft use a simple flight model. So yeah that sound reasonable.

All of our aircraft use the same physics no matter there they are at. It can be too much for CPUs and have an effect. We are investigating ways to improve this issue, but I do not have any eta. For now, buy the best CPU you can afford.

Jason

All of our aircraft use the same physics no matter there they are at. It can be too much for CPUs and have an effect. We are investigating ways to improve this issue, but I do not have any eta. For now, buy the best CPU you can afford.

Jason

Jason,

I would suggest that you do not tell people to buy the best CPU (although very sound advice)  as I'm sure even this advice will get some to jump on the wagon (as per previous posts) and start telling everybody, how nobody can tell them what to buy!  I for one will be more than happy to buy new planes for the experience and will try to ensure that my CPU can support whatever!  

regards

Haza

Exciting stuff.  I wonder if both the following and the future release will be revealed at the same time?

That would spoil the surprise and the potential for all the future speculation threads :P. It doesn't really fit in with typical marketing either. Having said that, if the future of the project hinges on the financial support of the player base it might be better to lay it all out at the beginning, like Kickstarter stretch goals.

I'd expect the two to have something in common e.g. on the same front. If I was a betting man I'd say we're moving fronts or getting two more Eastern Front battles. The optimist in me leans towards the former.

I see brutal honesty.  I have been around long enough to see the decline of this genre first hand.  I am a pretty straight forward kind of guy, no need to ask me nicely. :mellow:

I like that interpretation. It'd be somewhat refreshing to have the blunt honest truth laid out.

We may not be the largest community around, but where honest, compassionate, educational, supportive, and . .  here. ;)  

I stick with my original hopes in this, South of Stalingrad with mountains and sea and Cities . Some double-deckers and level bombers , then go forward for a P 39 and HS 129 kind of thing

Jason

Janson for this new cpu is more important to invest in clock speed with standard 4 cores (plus HT in i7) or new cpus with lower speed but many numbers of cores?  I guess for todays engin clock speed is much appreciated, but in future - when game engine will switch to dx11 ,does this game would be also optimized to utilize and relay on multithreading more ? I know this question is not yours department,  bot meybe you know or could ask the team. Thanks.

All WW2 aviation is interesting to me. Of course I have favorite scenarios as everyone else. In my case eastern front is more interesting than others. But I`ll be flying others too when they arrive, I don`t have strict "if I don`t get that plane/scenario I`ll never buy blaablaa" restrictions. Looking forward to hear what`s coming next!

Most important thing is the quality of the product. Overall it has been satisfying with BoS/BoM and when that happens, you get my money. Simple as that. 

• Upvote 1

One can imagine N-France-Flanders-Lowcountries maps for depicting Operation Market-Garden (however such heavily urbanized area will be a difficutl nut to crack for mapmakers) and later winter Ardennes offensive and/or Bodenplatte (more plausible/less difficult map to do and niiicely white all over hehe).

At the end it will be the same type of missions and treetop furballs inbetween LWs and RAF/USAAF about which most vocal people on forum complain with eastern front.Messers/fokkers/stangs/spits/tempests/thunderbuddies all over the flat,dull,green/grey/white pancake maps.Not to mention dozens of threads about spitcopters and rainbow flaps and flying bricks and such  :biggrin:

WW2 CFS enthusiasts,who care about future of this hobby, will buy whatever will come next.I really dont care what it will be as I am not biased/one sided/one plane jockey.I trust devs about doing right choice for the future and wish their plans come true after positive negotiations with investors.

I just want new toys to play with,thats all.Be it over pancake map or in Himalayas hehe.

Intel core 5960X better than 5930k 22nm ?

or Intel Cannolake 10 mn waiting for 2017 ...

HerrMurf' timestamp='1471162465' post='377278'] It's going to be gut check time for everyone in this community and genre.

Most of us will do the best to support the team, the sim and the genre, it seems to me that most simmers actually want to buy more of your excellent sim and make it grow so that everyone can be fully satisfied eventually(all theaters covered).

Frankly, with some reactions around here, i could send back the warning to you 1CGS guys: it indeed will be gut check time. Fortunately we do know you have some! 

I will buy whatever comes from you guys,

long live il2 Sturmovik :drinks:

Edited by Yak9Micha

I know what Jason means about buying a CPU, but a word of warning based on my own experiences - Never buy any hardware with the expectation of it dramatically improving or sometimes (rarely) even supporting a specific future software release. Don't even expect vast inprovements for an existing piece of software; but you can at least get some feedback from owners before buying in this scenario ( which you should seek out). There is always a risk of your choice having some ' random' incompatibility, or another unchanged component being the new limiting factor in your system.

Do upgrade with a view to improving your system as a whole. Better to expect general improvements across all your software than a big improvement for your favourite.

This is possibly obvious to many, whilst others will have the knowledge to upgrade with precision and perfect results. But just incase anyone reads then splashes money only to come back and say 'but but,... You promised me the world if I upgraded my cpu...'

Others may of course say, 'ignore this rubbish, he knows not of what he speaks!'

I agree totally. Trouble is when you are short on cash its tempting to do an upgrade to an element such as a new graphics card but often the expense did not bring a good improvement. Better to save the pennies for a new rig to give you say 5 years of cover.

I agree totally. Trouble is when you are short on cash its tempting to do an upgrade to an element such as a new graphics card but often the expense did not bring a good improvement. Better to save the pennies for a new rig to give you say 5 years of cover.

Agreed.

I tend to advocate for a 4-7 year upgrade cycle and save the pennies to get the whole thing at once. My new Skylake rig is a big step up from my old Lynnfield based system but its a bit less of one than you'd imagine. If you have a 2 year old CPU it isn't going to be a noticeable difference. Same goes for a slightly older video card. Stick with a good system and then upgrade it with another good system in a few years.

The 'not buying anything unless it's the theatre I want because I'm a customer and that entitles me to sh*t-talk anything I want because muh moneh and muh rights' crowd is totally right. Here is some footage of a few vocal non-customers in their youth :popcorm:

• Upvote 1

The 'not buying anything unless it's the theatre I want because I'm a customer and that entitles me to sh*t-talk anything I want because muh moneh and muh rights' crowd is totally right. Here is some footage of a few vocal non-customers in their youth :popcorm:

Accurate :D