[TWB]Pand

IL-2 Server Overview and Activity Trending

That said, I'd love for a good NA server to start up again.  Even the other night after the BOM release, I saw 60 some players on WoL around 10-11pm EST.  If that trend continues, I don't think there will be an issue with low server pop.

Actually, if you're referencing last night, Wings of Liberty was hung from 6:45PM Eastern until mid morning when they woke up and fixed it.  The ~60 players number is left over from when it crashed.

post-24105-0-52486400-1470858029_thumb.png

How about making sure a server can stay up? If the WOL has been allowed to be the only de-facto multi-player server for the U.S. TIMEZONE and it crashes every night 3 days in a row during peak U.S. Time then multi-player for U.S. Players is effectively not working. The day BOM officially launched there was no populated North American server for people to play on. I literally was considering buying BOM when I discovered that WOL was down yet again. I rage quit the game. It's not the responsibility of the WOL admins but I paused and decided basically, "not yet" for my purchase. Why bother plunking down more money if I can't reliably play multi-player when I get home from work. If the Devs can work with the WOL folks to make a more resilient server that's fine too.

How are they going to ensure a server is populated all the time? Pay people to play when the server is empty?

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777

Erik if you or anyone else has $1300 for a year long AWS m4.large reserved server I will happily support and host a North American server for a year for all to enjoy  ;)  :lol: \s

Hosting a popular server at home in the US is a good way to piss off your ISP and get your internet turned off. Maybe they don't have this problem in other countries. So cloud it is- and the cloud costs money.

Actually, if you're referencing last night, Wings of Liberty was hung from 6:45PM Eastern until mid morning when they woke up and fixed it.  The ~60 players number is left over from when it crashed.

It's possible, I just occasionally check the http://online.il2forever.com/ site to see if it's worth hopping online (while it doesn't show every server), and it registered about 60 on WoL whatever night I checked.  Though I just left the server around 9pm EST, and there was still a bit over 50 on.  A nice crowd for a weeknight!

Edited by 19te.Patriot32

This is useful! Any chance of getting a grand total and average across all servers?

This is useful! Any chance of getting a grand total and average across all servers?

The overview chart shows the data that I have for the 4 most popular servers... Up to and including the last 28 days for min/max/average for each.

If there is another specific server you're interested in, let me know and I can add it; however, if it only has a handful of people on it rarely, it may not be worth tracking.