Sign in to follow this  
Cheb2006

KG 13 from KBTT. Another one look on the replica.

We are failed with making silicone form from the new bottom part for our KG. Sergey made it fine sufaced, painted and dryed. But when i filled it by silicone 2 weeks ago , activator does not worked near the surface and reaction was failed. Looks like it does not dryed enough and some elements still vaporising from paint.  Sergey cleaned it from unreacted silicone and we test it again by some portion of silicone... but it does not full reacted near the surface again. Not so much as first time, but enough to make new fail. Very strange, beacause i made bottom part for autogyro used the same materials and the same paint... May be it was hot summer and paint well dryed before the silicone.
So we have sad delay with producing of new sticks...

I am glad to report, that we have full set of parts for two our KG-13, that we can assemble in a several days. All members, that in queue for preorder have to submit still they wait or not.

post-16254-0-15285700-1512402541_thumb.jpg

I want one.

Just sent you a pm.

There was queue of 4 people, we was make new bottom part too long time and If at least three of four will refuse, then you can get one of the two KG until the new year. We will wait for answer couple of days, menwhile will paint metal parts and finish assembling.

Edited by Cheb2006

There was queue of 4 people, we was make new bottom part too long time and If at least three of four will refuse, then you can get one of the two KG until the new year. We will wait for answer couple of days, menwhile will paint metal parts and finish assembling.

Ok, sounds fair to me.

Thank you anyway.

Ok, sounds fair to me.

Thank you anyway.

So. One of two KG s is yours. Tomorrow we will post images of assembled stick. 

So. One of two KG s is yours. Tomorrow we will post images of assembled stick.

Great!

Please write me the payment infos and whatelse you need via pm.

Greetings.

Alex

Did not finished assemling today. We'r found one side botton holder was badly painted and will be repainted by Todorov this weekend. But you can see new parts on this photos - Bottom tube with some changes and casted hole for elecrtical plate, not cutted. And new front cap for electrical box.

post-16254-0-45671700-1512756209_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-86401700-1512756210_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58593300-1512756212_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-59018100-1512756214_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58481400-1512756216_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58100000-1512756218_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58194000-1512756220_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58255500-1512756222_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-59017400-1512756224_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-58770900-1512756226_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-77172700-1512756240_thumb.jpgpost-16254-0-11747000-1512756242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cheb2006
  • Upvote 1

We still have problems with metal parts painting. The paint again swelled. It looks like it's spoiled, we'll change the paint and paint again, but we do not have a second painted staple for now. Meanwhile, we already have a set of plastic and steel parts for the third KG.

I recently received my KG13 from Paul and have to say it´s absolutely beautiful in every aspect. The stick feels so nice, no comparison to the warthog, which I liked very much. It´s really comfy in your hands and just looks stunning.

Thanks to the added length of the stick, there is no need to buy an extension anymore. I was considering an extension for my warthog and that would be 70 Euro on top.

The buttons are very smooth and the safety switch for the mg and cannons is pretty cool.

The communication with Paul is top notch. I´ve never experienced such customer service before.

I´m more than satisfied with this stick and can just highly recommend it to others.

Alex

Got any forsale? I'd like one for my TM Warthog.

Nope for both.. But which grip you are asking about?

I will create separate thread about IL2 grip soon, now it is only 3d printed prototype for testing. Working, but not finished.

Really a nice work on IL-2 grip.  

Curious to see the finished prototype.

Finished prototype will be prepared for metal casting. I want to made it of aluminum.

Latter consider make a Spitfire "spade" with "BBC" fire button and camera button, will interest some people.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/eb/72/a5/eb72a556b0c5ea654dba8b113ae3f78c.jpg

May be after IL2 grip, not in the close futere. Model is not so interesting as IL2, and much easer, if model will be without roll. I mean that elerons was controlled not by full grip tube, but only bu grip head turned left and right, more close to Yoke.

Oh I dont know. I’m pretty sure there would be higher demand for the Spitfire Spade grip than a IL2. Even without the control column.

I’d be in that queue.

I cant afford £4000 for a Spitsim.com set up. But I can afford a couple of hundred £’s for just the grip to sit on my Warthog

I'm just looking forward to getting a KG13.  I would buy one just for display, add in that it's fully functional and I'm beating down the door for one.

Oh I dont know. I’m pretty sure there would be higher demand for the Spitfire Spade grip than a IL2. Even without the control column.

I’d be in that queue.

I cant afford £4000 for a Spitsim.com set up. But I can afford a couple of hundred £’s for just the grip to sit on my Warthog

It is very simple to made Spit spade grip for warthog, as i told. I will think about it. May be in a couple of months i will start fo modeling it, when model of IL2 will be ready to produce. In russia a lot of people want to touch il2 grip. It is history of russian aviation. All planes at the begin of WW2 used the same grip with small variations of mechanical fire triggers and electrical buttons.

I'm just looking forward to getting a KG13.  I would buy one just for display, add in that it's fully functional and I'm beating down the door for one.

You are already in our waiting list. I was too busy last time, seting up 3d printing is ton so long as castin of plastic. Casting of one group of parts needs continious 2 - 2.5 hours.You are already in our waiting list. I was too busy last months. Seting up 3d printing is not so long as castin of plastic. Casting of one group of parts needs continious 2 - 2.5 hours for degasation. And we have problems with prelast delyvery. It was by common airmail, not EMS and postal service cracked our grip. It does not broken at all, but i will replace body, because there is crack on it (already recieved it back for repair), so i pent time to made new parts for body.

May be after IL2 grip, not in the close futere. Model is not so interesting as IL2, and much easer, if model will be without roll. I mean that elerons was controlled not by full grip tube, but only bu grip head turned left and right, more close to Yoke.

No, is not about make all control column of Spitfire (complicated and expensive), most people just want the "Spade" grip for use in Warthog/VPC bases.

In the same way that several Russian players want a IL-2 grip due be a icon aircraft, Western players want a Spitfire grip. :)

Edited by Sokol1

No, is not about make all control column of Spitfire (complicated and expensive), most people just want the "Spade" grip for use in Warthog/VPC bases.

In the same way that several Russian players want a IL-2 grip due be a icon aircraft, Western players want a Spitfire grip. :)

Sure, but we are russians, so IL-2 grup will be the first :)

And i'm not sure that people want plastic Spit grip, but metal will be too expansive in production and not easy to send overseas...

Edited by Cheb2006

In the same way that are people who want joystick in metal, are the ones that care more about the form/function and not the material. Metal only servers for add weight.  :P

In the same way that are people who want joystick in metal, are the ones that care more about the form/function and not the material. Metal only servers for add weight.  :P

Here is very fine model of Spit Grip..

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/cannon-armed-spitfires-spade-grip-spade-grip--maurizio-di-terlizzi-spade-grip--aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=138399

I found it perfect and very low cost.

If i ever want to have Spit grip, i think it is easyest way to buy it and remake it a bit to using on joystic.

If we are will make it from the zero, not it will be inventing the bicycle?

But this is intend to be display model - I have one of KG-12B, the plastic is hard, but don't think that small parts will not resist the use as as joystick grip.

In the best can serve for someone more skilled make a mold to cast. And their "BBC" fire button is not original, just a 3D print, see the straight angles.

Eventauly a reasonable metal cast copy of Spitfire Spade appear in eBay, but require a lot of work to be turned in joystick grip.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3645129/all/Spitfire_Spade_Grip

What I suggest - to fill a small existing demand, is a an functional joystick grip based on Spitfire spade, compatible with Warthog/CPV bases.

This guys share Sketchup files for 3D print one, but "BBC" button is missed.

http://spitfirejoystick.blogspot.com.br/2014/

"BBC" fire button safety mechanism:

https://s17.postimg.org/nysvxzowf/BBC_Lock.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

Looking forward seeing more of the IL-2 grip. :)

And hoping that you will find time & means to make & sell these.... :salute:  as it would be a great salute to the founders of this sim and the plane that started it all.

Nope for both.. But which grip you are asking about?

I will create separate thread about IL2 grip soon, now it is only 3d printed prototype for testing. Working, but not finished.

The Kg13 is what I’d like to buy

The Kg13 is what I’d like to buy

We are very short of time now and have 2 orders. If you are not hurry, we can make it for you.

Edited by Cheb2006

I will finish last two grips next weeks then take a break till summer. Too tired to work alone. Sergey can make somthing only at his summer country house.

I recently took delivery of KG-13B, Werk-Nr. 3004 and thought I would set out my initial impression on the grip.

First up, as others have commented, communication with Paul was fantastic - prompt and clear despite going through Google translate. Purchasing and shipping could not have been simplier - Paypal, then only five days from Russia to the UK.   

The grip is a beautiful reproduction of the KG-13B, cast in resisn with custom fittings in a mixture of metal, plastic and silicon rubber to match the original.  I'm really pleased with it, everything is put together very well and looks the part.  I did have to tighten most of the screws holding the various buttons and the cable clip in place but I suspect these were left deliberately loose as they appear to be machine screws directly set into resin (I was very careful not to over-torque these and would caution anyone from getting too carried away in this regard, as I suspect you could strip the threads).

Using the KG-13 centre mounted on my Cougar U2 Nxt modded base, I was suprised by how comfortable it is. I thought that having it straight mounted (not offset as my F-16 grip is), it would be less comfortable.  However, it fits realy well in the hand and ergonomically the stippled grip, which is canted to the left, just feels right.  I have mapped the buttons as they were in the Bf-109 / Fw-190 and it is very satisfying ripping apart a Lavochkin with the Mk-108 using the authenic grip / buttons.  A nice touch is the luminous paint on the buttons - something I was not expecting. 

The buttons themselves are long-travel and have a satisfying click.  Going from an F-16 grip with its 4 hats, 2-stage trigger and 4 buttons is going to be a challenge but not as problematic as I initially thought.  I think I will only use the KG-13 on the respective Luftwaffe aircraft that is was found in real life and if I can get my Cougar to use the 'radio transmit' button as a shift modifer, I will be able to map most of the essential functions I need onto the stick.

Compared to the Cougar grip with its 75mm extension, the K-13B is almost identical in size, however my hand sits slightly higher making the buttons easier to reach than I find on the F-16 grip.  Mounted, I can feel the difference in weight (c. 500g vs. c. 1500g for the Cougar).  This seems to result in the KG-13 needing more force to move it but that could be just my imagination, coupled with the rough feel of the diamond stippling on the KG.  The long term plan is to get a Virpil base and use it with a longer extension, something that it will be perfectly suited to.

Now for a few pics :)

IMG_20180318_151617.jpg

IMG_20180318_151853.jpg

IMG_20180318_151952.jpg

В 2/10/2018 в 20:58, Sokol1 сказал:

Really a nice work on IL-2 grip.  :good:

post-16250-0-07317000-1518173760.jpg

Curious to see the finished prototype.

post-16250-0-40885500-1518008841.jpg

Latter consider make a Spitfire "spade" with "BBC" fire button and camera button, will interest some people.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/eb/72/a5/eb72a556b0c5ea654dba8b113ae3f78c.jpg

Dunlop Spage Grip under development:DSG_116.thumb.jpg.0e1f9713d5010312333de0ef3d7f9326.jpgDSG_117.thumb.jpg.cfdc7a09097e1c1ee6f29023e1b44978.jpg

Edited by Serg1962

Dayum. That's nice!!