GVL224

Iron mechanic (Throttle) motor control (axes)

"Cyclone", an individual project for the installation of a handle from the X-52

post-1483-0-07959700-1490728423_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Another version of the mechanics of Sparka.

These are two levers in one mechanism, the distance between the levers (rods) is 27.6 mm.

post-1483-0-65044300-1495479540_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-77736800-1495479544_thumb.jpg

Developed a mechanic with fixed stem positions, for use in "cockpit" buildings, for example as a crane chassis, release-cleaning shields and other.
A non-contact sensor can be installed on the mechanics (for example, MagRes) if the program (controller) allows you to split the axis range into different functions. In this case, it is possible to have more than three fixed positions.
Or three microswitches in each of three positions (the bar with three microswitches will lay out a little later).

I worked two types of rods with the fixation, I want to know your opinion about which implementation is preferable for you, namely, the spring on the side of the bolts or the spring in front of the rod on the protrusions of the rods.

post-1483-0-48820200-1495826415_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-95787500-1495826421_thumb.jpg

I suggest change the spring for knob side, this leave the design more "clean". :)

image.jpg

Yes, such a line-up is also possible.

I was prompted by another option, to make cutouts in rods and there to remove the spring.

Looks good! Perfect for landing gear of flaps!

Redesigned model for three positions (microswitch).

More than three microswitches can not be placed, but if you put the MagPes and program it into sectors, then you can do more things.

post-1483-0-01520900-1496138040_thumb.jpg

Edited by GVL224

GVL, I am interested in one of your 4x4 units. Please contact me. I already tried to contact you via simhq forums. Without luck.

Thanks!

Edited by Irgendjemand

GVL, I am interested in one of your 4x4 units. Please contact me. I already tried to contact you via simhq forums. Without luck.

Thanks!

Hello.
Throttle "RUD 4x4" I will make under your order, the production period is about three weeks.
For discussion of the details, please write to me on the mail: gvl224@ukr.net

In the control unit there are 3 mechanics GVL224 (Supercharging, Screw pitch and universal). Mechanics of iron with the possibility of adjusting the resistance force, axles on bearings with non-contact sensors.

On the handle of the throttle 15 buttons, the place of the sixteenth button was occupied by a potentiometer (option).

Front panel:

- 3 axes on variable resistors (potentiometers);

- 8 buttons in one unit;

- 4 toggle switches without locks in the extreme positions (like 8 buttons).

If desired, two axes can be set on the side panels of the enclosure in variable resistors (potentiometers) if there is no potentiometer on the throttle handle, or one potentiometer if the potentiometer is left on the handle. No more than 8 axes in total.

The case is made of acrylic 3mm thick, collected as a 3D puzzle ..., available in black, white and transparent.

For questions and suggestions, write here or on my box GVL224@ukr.net

https://youtu.be/GmasHzsR0fo

post-1483-0-10508300-1497116549_thumb.jpg

After having used my GVL224 controller for a few weeks now, I must say that I am very impressed with it! The build quality is excellent, and I really like having all-metal levers. It was definitely a big step up from my CH controllers. :good:

I'm very glad that you liked my work.

Successful flights!

Mechanics for three fixed positions of the handle with a pull rod.

The ball is on stock as an arm version.

Spring is also not the final option.

post-1483-0-38436200-1499967997_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-63584300-1499968010_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-08226600-1499968022_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Another option.

The "screw pitch" handle is printed on a 3D printer :)

post-1483-0-35598200-1501258109_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-98467300-1501258118_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-65574400-1501258139_thumb.jpg

After having used my GVL224 controller for a few weeks now, I must say that I am very impressed with it! The build quality is excellent, and I really like having all-metal levers. It was definitely a big step up from my CH controllers. :good:

Same here! =)

It's sexy looking, light weight but metal on the insides. It's smooth & precise. And it came shipped in a ass ton of foam and bubble wrap. GVL224 makes some quality hardware. And the price was perfect, 230$ shipped for my "Rud 3x3". (7 axis & more buttons then I will ever need) The only thing that would make it even better is if it had Russian writing on it, I think Cyrillic would be unique. The buttons are very tactile and have a solid mechanical "click" to them, you know you've pressed it. Plugged it in, rebooted, windows joystick calibration, il2 detects it, re-map controls..play.

Zero spiking, everything just works, and works well. GVL is easy to deal with, and the money transfer went through without issue.

Kudos to you Iron Mechanic! =)

Mechanics with fixation for 5 positions.

The number of positions can be any (how many slots fit on the bar).

The position of the stem is removed by a non-contacting sensor, Mareps.

If the controller or the program allows you to split the entire range into sectors and assign each value to each sector, it is possible to assign a specific action to each position of the stock in the program (simulator).

post-1483-0-07727200-1502821171_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Perfect for Spitfire Mk Vb, B 110 radiator control.  :good:

• Upvote 1

While I will not open a new topic, I will place it in this one.

The control panel.

Used the controller MJoy16. Installed 11 buttons with the ability to highlight, 1 mini-stick, 4 encoders, 1 potentiometer and two toggle switches with protective covers. Inside, there is still room for the installation of a second controller which, according to the customer's plan, will control the backlighting of the buttons. The case material is 1.5 mm steel cut on the laser and bent by a bending machine. Width 31 cm, depth 10 cm, height with legs 6.7 cm.

post-1483-0-31796200-1505152146_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-55463500-1505152155_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-96089100-1505152162_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

post-1483-0-55463500-1505152155_thumb.jp

A version of this device replacing this mini-stick with 2 individual potentiometer with knobs will be useful for WWII games, since in

this games mini-stick has little or no use, but knobs could be used for trim, radiators...

post-1483-0-55463500-1505152155_thumb.jp

A version of this device replacing this mini-stick with 2 individual potentiometer with knobs will be useful for WWII games, since in

this games mini-stick has little or no use, but knobs could be used for trim, radiators...

Yes, I agree, on the controller there are 5 more axes free.
Completion and appearance of the unit according to the customer's request.

Now that is an awesome looking throttle combo.

• Upvote 1

about how much would it cost to get one that would be good for flying twin engine german heavies?

i'm interested in it because well the satek i have now went kaput.

its why i cant fly and it makes me sad especially with the hs129 now out ;-;