BlackHellHound1

Make IL-2 look stunning with improved ground detail and visibility! How-to and discussion!

Hello there fellow pilots, 

It looks like the terrain.cfg file does not work anymore. I will try to find a solution once I have some time again. 

Of course, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can find a solution :)

For now, we just have to use the x4 setting in the game.

I will also add this to the main post.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by BlackHellHound1

Hello there fellow pilots, 

It looks like the terrain.cfg file does not work anymore. I will try to find a solution once I have some time again. 

Of course, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can find a solution :)

For now, we just have to use the x4 setting in the game.

I will also add this to the main post.

BlackHellHound1

Yes, this is unfortunate. I hope we will get more high quality in-game options for the land textures at some point. These newer gfx cards with their 8GB memory can handle more accurate textures easily. 

The current ingame setting 4x is higher than the previous modified terrain file was, because of the 1.5 increase in rendering distance in Ultra Quality settings combined with 4x land detail. Now the goal may be to further push there.  ;)

The current ingame setting 4x is higher than the previous modified terrain file was, because of the 1.5 increase in rendering distance in Ultra Quality settings combined with 4x land detail. Now the goal may be to further push there.  ;)

You are mixing up 2 things which are similar but not related.

5. Forest drawing distance is increased by 1.5 times on Ultra graphics preset. The performance hit this causes is negligible on high-end video cards this preset is intended for;

The update improved the draw distance for trees, but not for ground detail which is a sperate component.

The x4 setting is the same as before, no changes there.

This means that the ground detail (which is tackled by the terrain.cfg file) is still not as good as the custom file.

BlackHellHound1

when can we change it again

Edited by MrFies

when can we change it again

As of now, I don't know.

I have done some trying and testing to see if I could make it work again. With no luck, unfortunately.

If I find a solution, I will post it. But until then, we have to do with the game settings.

BlackHellHound1

how to solve this problem. hmm why it is not working !

As has been stated above several times. This does not work anymore since the 2.011 update.

BlackHellHound1

• Sad 1