Shatter12

What other planes could be included in BoS/BoM?

What other planes could be included in BoS/BoM? Are there any more planes/tanks that were fieled around that period of time and participated in those battles? Stuff like the Me 410, Tu-2, etc.

Or is what we have got is all that participated? Thanks in advance :).

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Well for the Luftwaffe from the top off my head. Interesting additions would be.

- Ju-87 B/R

- Bf-110F

- Hs-123

- Hs-129

- FW-189 (Although there are no missions for it yet)

For the soviet side i would say that some early yak's and Lagg would be nice for the BOM theater. 

Grt M

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure they are going to stick to the 10 aircraft per game iteration that has been shown with BoS and BoM, new tanks vehicles and artillery have been slowly added with patches that benefit all

New aircraft will only be acquired (flyable) when purchasing the next instalment, hopefully it will overlap with the BoS/BoM planeset and compliment them

Unless a totally new theater such as Pacific/CBI is started with maybe some aircraft (lend lease Spit/Hurricane/P-39/A-20/B-25) able to be used on Eastern front

Either way is good, I just don't expect any new aircraft to be "added" to BoS or BoM

But who knows? maybe some new aircraft will be made available individually as per RoF method

Cheers Dakpilot

You are sitting here, scratching your head, wondering what other planes could be included. Fire up 3D Studio Max 2016 create the next Plane what you think could be included and send it to the Devs that they can include it to the game. Mission accomplished! :biggrin:

Edited by Superghostboy

Hi,

Well for the Luftwaffe from the top off my head. Interesting additions would be.

- Ju-87 B/R

- Bf-110F

- Hs-123

- Hs-129

- FW-189 (Although there are no missions for it yet)

For the soviet side i would say that some early yak's and Lagg would be nice for the BOM theater. 

Grt M

FW 189 would be OK, it'd supposedly turn very well, but wouldn't carry much bomb load. Perhaps if they introduce the FW 189, they could make the bases well, not on the map, and you need an X spotter plane to spot it, and for it to show up on your map. Otherwise, you'd be attacking blind.

Food for thought however.

Another list thread?

I'm curious as to see what else can be added,

Another list thread?

It's useless, but nonetheless fun to do so. And you can't blame people for doing that. As long as we don't know what's coming next, there will be speculation.

Grt M

Yak 7.   It should have been in the game from the start.

• Upvote 2

A proper russian bomber would be nice pe8 or a tb3 would be nice (tb3 would be even better if i could get my mates to join me under the wings ;) )

• Upvote 1

Po-2

Yak-7

Pe-3

Hurricane Mk.II (with gun mods)

Maybe A-20

LaGG-3 seria 1-3 (5 gun LaGGs)

I-16 type 30 (more powerful than type 24)

P-40B or C

Ju-88C

He-111H-4 (with more internal bombs, since both bomb bay are able to carry bombs you can carry 32x50kg or 8x250kg internally. I would love it)

Bf110F or G.

Fi-156

Ju-87R

Fw189

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
  • Upvote 1

For Stalingrad and Moscow alike the Yak-7B would be a good pick (with or without the VK105PF engine) as it saw a lot of service there. The Yak-1B at Stalingrad was somewhat used nearer the end too so that would be a nice pick.

For Moscow the earlier versions of the LaGG-3 and Yak-1 would be interesting too. The Series 4 LaGG-3 had very heavy firepower but the weight penalty was also up there.

For the Germans I'd love to see the earlier Ju87B-2 version and the later Bf110G-2 (I think these were at Stalingrad, yeah?). The 109s are well covered. Maybe the MC.200? It saw more service on the Stalingrad front than the MC.202 did although that's splitting some hairs. The IAR80/81 would be good for Stalingrad.

An IL-4 would be nice as would the SB-2 for the Russian side. Not sure what bomber I would add for the Germans. A Dornier would be good but I'm not sure which sub-variant would be over Moscow in 1941. The Do17? I don't think any were at Stalingrad.

• Upvote 1

For Moscow the earlier versions of the LaGG-3 and Yak-1 would be interesting too. The Series 4 LaGG-3 had very heavy firepower but the weight penalty was also up there.

The 1-3 seria LaGG had retractable tailwheel and could achieve more than 500kph on the Ground and 570 at altitude. These models were still built in the proper factories by skilled workers and of much better qualtiy than the following series. It would be very fast, climb would be around 12-15m/s. It wouldn't be very manouverable.

I think it's a very good addition as a bomber hunter. 

• Upvote 1

What bomber hunter? With that firepower and speed I'd be taking down fighters before they knew what hit them!

• Upvote 1

IAR 80/81s would be very nice aircraft. Seem to turn well, almost like European zero! Low Wing loading, decent P/W, and 2x MG 151/20s with 4x 7.92mm FNs. It'd also have a reasonable speed and rate of climb, with a minor, but moderate bomb load for a fighter (250kg IIRC).

• Upvote 1

Hs-129 would be a lot of fun - and it would lend itself pretty well to BoS'/BoM's "unlock"-system. Should start out with 2 20mm, a few MGs and bombs and would end up with optional 37mm or even that ludicrous 75mm "flying PaK"-gun.. :D Probably not a lot of fun to *fly* (from what I've read it was underpowered and relatively sluggish, especially with the bigger guns installed), but plinking enemy tanks with it should be a riot.

110 G-2 might be a close call for Stalingrad. IIRC, it started production in early 1943 - so around the time when Stalingrad was over. 110 F OTOH matches the timeline. Plus it carried the same basic armament as the G-2 (2x 151/20, 4x MG17, plus optional bombs). Not sure if the heavier Rüstsätze that the G-2 had (30mm + 20mm in the nose) were available for the F, though.

Same goes for the 109, BTW: If the G-2 makes it in, I see no reason why the G-6 shouldn't be a candidate as well. It also entered service around the time Stalingrad was coming to an end.

Overall, it'd be nice if the series either moved on by a few months/a year or backwards. The period from early Barbarossa to Stalingrad seems covered well enough for now. So do a full set of either really early stuff or late-war (mid 43 to late 44/early 45).

Come to think of it and sticking with the idea of "Forgotten Battles": How about a Spanish Civil War scenario? Bf 109 B/C/D, biplane-Stukas, Ju 52 bombers vs. I-16s and early French stuff on the Republican side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Republican_Air_Force

I know not everyone was still playing IL-2 1946 when TD released the Hs129B-2 and B-3 to the game but that thing was a hoot to fly. Not a high powered aircraft by any stretch of the imagination but as a tank killer it was tons of fun!

No , We have the horrific 'FW' and the YakCopter .

• Upvote 1

No , We have the horrific 'FW' and the YakCopter .

We have the FW 190 A-3 in game. Yes it might be underperforming, but it is still in game.

IAR-80/81 

Active on Eastern front from the start to end.  First combat sortie flown on June 22nd 1941 at the start of Barbarossa, last sortie flown on May 8th 1945, in Czechoslovakia, the day ww2 ended in Europe.

At Stalingrad alone: 

1386 sorties flown in

415 missions

30 divebombing missions

41 confirmed kills

14 aircraft lost in combat: 8 in dogfights, 3 by AAA and 3 on the ground bombed by VVS bombers

iar8001xv8.jpg

PKhV1bJ.jpg

Image_54.pngwindows 7 screen

shot

But don't expect it to be added. Historical presence don't mean crap here.

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 3

+1

It's a cool plane to look at, and an interesting one to fly.

Good to see you around Jaws.

Take care.

To the appropriate title:

Spitfire (different variant for each if applicable)

Hurricane

P39

Yak 7

Yak 9

IAR80

He112

109 G4 (G2 without the engine limitation, G2 had the engine limitation removed after the battle of Stalingrad)

Pe-3 would also be an option, very active during the defense of moskow. Pe3 Bis later in 42..

Edited by Dr_Zeebra

To the appropriate title:

Spitfire (different variant for each if applicable)

Hurricane

P39

Yak 7

Yak 9

IAR80

He112

109 G4 (G2 without the engine limitation, G2 had the engine limitation removed after the battle of Stalingrad)

So the G-4 was a G-2 that was redesignated after late '43?

IAR 80/81 or Henschel Hs 129 :salute:

IAR 80/81 would be fun. Fast, fast to climb, an alright Turner, and good armament.

Dweebfires? Meh ....

How many did the VVS receive and how many did they put into service?

Quick wikipedia search brought up this:

• 3,000+ Hurricanes
  • 4,000+ other aircraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease#British_deliveries_to_the_USSR

11,400 aircraft (4,719 of which were Bell P-39 Airacobras)[

So it looks like the Hurri and the P-39 should be a prime candidates for lend-lease planes on the Soviet side. At least if we're basing this on sheer numbers.

S.

I would exchange my Mc202 for IAR80 faster then in blink of an eye :)

• Upvote 2

Incorrect. The designation only refers to a different Radio Set. 

However in 1943 a G-4 would have had the late type landing gear (larger wheels, more drag, lower speed) and in Mid 1943 the engine limitations for the DB605A were lifted for all models fitted with the new Oil Pumps, G-2s, G-4s and G-6s alike.