BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 42

Hello Everybody.

First of all we’d like to say thanks for the kind feedback that you gave us and our project. We’ve been surprised and sincerely impressed. Also, it’s very pleasant for the whole team to read those kind words and now everyone works knowing that you enjoy the game that we’re making. In fact, this early access program puts extra responsibly on us because the alpha-version is actually very raw and far from the release in many, many aspects. So thank you all for this inspiration and we’ll try to meet the upcoming expectations.

Technically the early access started successfully. All servers are functioning properly and the software shows good performance on a big range of different PC configurations. Our approach to modeling has also proved to be correct, so we believe we’re on the right track now.

As of today, Friday, the game is no longer available to you till the next session; meanwhile we’re analyzing the received data and feedback and preparing for the next session that is scheduled to November 26th-28th. Next week you are going to meet Bf-109 F-4, the German fighter that is often called one of the best aircraft in the Messerschmitt family. The plane indeed has outstanding combat features and it’s quite more responsive to controls than LaGG-3. Well, you’ll learn it by yourselves pretty soon; I don’t want to give too many spoilers now.

Read more

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 3

That's a nice surprise, thought you'd be locking the LaGG and figured AI planes were a little further off. You may say combat isn't ready yet, but I assure you some of those AI planes will feel the wrath of my propeller! :joy:

• Upvote 6

Yeah, thats truly good news, lookin forward to it....

...so lets treat that DB 601 E-1 right to get the 1350 HP out of it

Edited by =LD=dhyran

Yep - nice update!

and yes - who will down the most A.I. in one mission by ramming?!?!

I'm now glad I pre-ordered premium edition!

Simon

Looking forward, really!

I hope you did celebrate this successful early access launch! :drink2:

:biggrin:

Sounds great, denying us stuff is just making us want it more! (for me at least!) also very cool photo!

Agreed! Cool photo and good news with Bf too!!! BIG Thx for 1CGS!!!

I cannot wait to get the Freiderich! We may not be able to shoot anyone down yet but we can practice stalking and bouncing. :salute:

I hope you will announce the standard access soon, it's really hard to see all the fun with flying without the possibility to enjoy it personally! :blush:

I hope you will announce the standard access soon, it's really hard to see all the fun with flying without the possibility to enjoy it personally! :blush:

Yes, please Devs, confirm a date in December, Thanks!, Nice update too!

Looking forward to trying out the 109!! Just wish we had the alpha available all weekend though, seeing it's a holiday here in the US. :(

Excellent. I foresee much Ramjaeger/Taran-attacking in the coming week.

Really looking forward to seeing how good the 109 looks rendered in this lovely engine. The LaGG is quite a pretty plane but the 109... that'll be something else. And we still have the 190 to look forward to!

Great job team. After the first test period I'm so glad I got in at the beginning. Very impressive work. I can hardly wait for next week. I do have to work on my landings though, unless LaGGs were built in the quantity and speed as T-34 tanks :biggrin::salute: .

Thanks for the pretty nice job you've done. Really enjoy flying those soviet's LaGG. Waiting for the "lovely and sexy looking" F4.

Bon Beaujolais nouveau!

Thanks, spasiba, merci!

:)

Edited by GCN_Obelix

Congratulations on a successful launch! The LAGG-3 was beautiful and so was the environment. It ran like silk on my computer. Can't wait for the other aircraft and the rest of the sim.

Happy Thanksgiving! When I first starting flying RoF, I hoped for a WWII sim with the same engine/developers. I was extremely happy when I saw the announcement for BoS last Decemeber, and now it is here coming in bit by bit, and I have flown the LAGG-3! You have fulfilled what I have been waiting and hoping for, and I can't wait to see the rest.  It is almost better for me to receive it a piece at a time because I will appreciate parts that I ordinarily wouldn't spend time with if I had the whole sim at once

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the pretty nice job you've done. Really enjoy flying those soviet's LaGG. Waiting for the "lovely and sexy looking" F4.

Bon Beaujolais nouveau!

Thanks, spasiba, merci!

:)

Goodness me. The famed Obelix is among us.

Looking forward to some campaigns or missions (if you can work out the editor).

Oh the Fredrich! In the meantime I will keep trying to land the Lagg in one piece....

2013_11_21__6_44_37_zps0ac64ec9.png

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for this beautiful piece of work. I think it has exceeded all our expectations. I also like the way you have chosen to release this sim. I'm sure it makes bug squashing much easier for you, but it is like Christmas for us over and over again as we anticipate and receive every update. I feel like a kid again! Thanks again, you guys are the best!

• Upvote 1

Good job, cant wait for the 109. 

Prize for a top gun like "flipping the bird" fly by of the AI

Screwing around with a highly responsive, fast, exceptional fighter, like the Bf-109 F-4 will be super awesome.   :pilot: Next week should be a great deal of fun. Even though I am on a VVS squad, I can see the Bf-109 turning into a guilty pleasure lone wolf side project, for me, when my squad is not flying together.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

héhéhé, if land with Lag is hard, i want to see how it will with a 109.......yek yek yek yek!!! :lol: