II./JG27_Rich

Spits VS 109s people

Salute all! 

Yes, I am around, been busy designing games.

Spits_vs_109s and Zeke_vs_Wildcat www.warbirdsofprey.com was started by myself, Osiris and Knight. We built a community around an idea of "full real",  "full switch", "full immersion" where our goal was to provide the most realism and teamwork.

• No speedbar or icons
  • Objective based historical battles
  • Taxi and hold short to group up
  • Take off from runway
  • Formation flying

I'm watching this sim closely for potential to recreate the "good old days". 

GL, hope you succeed and I'll be there with a couple of friends :-)

Cheers

Salute all! 

Yes, I am around, been busy designing games.

Spits_vs_109s and Zeke_vs_Wildcat www.warbirdsofprey.com was started by myself, Osiris and Knight. We built a community around an idea of "full real",  "full switch", "full immersion" where our goal was to provide the most realism and teamwork.

• No speedbar or icons
  • Objective based historical battles
  • Taxi and hold short to group up
  • Take off from runway
  • Formation flying

I'm watching this sim closely for potential to recreate the "good old days". 

Sounds fine, but I hope that the "Vulching" bit is in future removed for bombers. As nothing turns off more than after a long flight making it to your target

and after successfully hitting it, getting the message you are a "vulcher"

I miss CrazyIvan's  and BG's Coops. Man those were lot of fun. :biggrin:

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 1

I remember many missions over New Guinea, quietly picking off ground targets in my D3A while most of the others were off playing at being (Insert Japanese ace here) and (Insert Allied ace here).

Rolling the map with persistent attention to the actual mission goals was really fun.

• Upvote 1

Sounds fine, but I hope that the "Vulching" bit is in future removed for bombers. As nothing turns off more than after a long flight making it to your target

If I recall, that message was triggered by the server controller software because aircraft that were on the ground were destroyed. I don't understand why you seem to be so upset by that. I used to enjoy dropping one of those huge Japanese bombs from a Betty at 6k on a runway full of planes waiting to take off. I was so high that most of the time the guys never knew what caused them all to explode. LOL

El, if you have RoF, see if you can catch me on Wargrounds sometime. We're finally getting a group of guys together to work on rolling maps by taking out mission objectives. Four to six HPs or light bombers flying formation in RoF is a lot of fun. It will be good practice for BoS.

One of the most popular IL2 1946's dogfight server.

I'm in, but I used to fly there many years ago.

Me too.

Somehow I found myself on Zeke vs Wildcat server more often than on Spits vs 109s.

Server was (is?) fun. :cool:

There are never targets at homebases, so if you're bombing there you're lost.

My favorite IL-2 server, next to Zekes vs Wildcats, although I haven't been regularly on in more than a few years.

Although, to be honest, I mostly went on there when Zekes was pretty much empty.  Although I really did like flying the Ar-234 on one of the maps (except when getting cut off by impatient Ju-88's when taxiing or worse yet on take-off roll).

Edited by Auger73

Yep, I still fly Spits-109s 3 nights a week or so. I've been trying my hand more often at CloD lately too, and I'm looking forward to BOS. Most folks I fly with on Spits 109s have either already purchased BOS. Many of those who haven't are taking a "wait and see" approach, based on the CloD release debacle.

i used to prefer warclouds but mostly ww view skies of fire

where are those times

Edited by raaaid

There are never targets at homebases, so if you're bombing there you're lost.

That's true now, but when Chad, and later I, were admins, that wasn't always the case. This rule was added because Mr. Gunrunner didn't like having a safe place to land his Spit.

So where is furious?.. our temperamental Scottish friend? I even made his sig.. (think he changed name to "furious frog"?)

furious_sig.jpg

I remember many missions over New Guinea, quietly picking off ground targets in my D3A while most of the others were off playing at being (Insert Japanese ace here) and (Insert Allied ace here).

Rolling the map with persistent attention to the actual mission goals was really fun.

Yeah... the Zeke server was always my favourite.. Pretty much all servers.. then and now.. focused on late war Europe. Zeke was the only dedicated server with full switch that focused on The Pacific... the server is still alive though.. big kudos to Faust et al for never giving up on it.. I just LOVE carrier ops.. the takeoff/landing always gives an extra challenge. Trying to land on a carrier with shot up ailerons/rudders is a hoot!

Edited by F19_Klunk

That's true now, but when Chad, and later I, were admins, that wasn't always the case. This rule was added because Mr. Gunrunner didn't like having a safe place to land his Spit.

Has he landed sometime?  :biggrin: 

PS: trolling...

Edited by 6S.Manu