II./JG77_motoadve

IL16 Rata carburator in negative Gs

Negavitve Gs in the Rata should makes the carburator cut out.

In BOM it does.

I liked it more how was modeled in the original IL2

Was this a just a regular carburated engine?

If so, it takes quite a bit too long to cut out ,just gets silent and no sputtering.

Im just comparing to doing negative Gs in a real carburated airplane I have done its like cof cof  gets silent, then re starts.

Rata you do the negative G and takes quite a bit long for the engine to get silent.

COD on the other side happens way too easily in the Hurri and Spit.

Maybe that is the way  it was in real life and is modeled right I dont know, but I remember the RATA from original IL2 and used to cut easier than this one.

I agree and pointed this out, but the chorus of disapproval informed me it was correct in BOS. I still have no idea which is more realistic. I always thought IL2`46 was as it was much more severe.

Maybe they can model the Spitfire MK I the same way if it does not stall all the better.

Edited by WTornado

M-63 engine has special 4l fuel tank installed in front of carburetor AK-63 TK (or AK-25 4DF). Fuel from this tank is flowing to the carburetor under pressure.

• Upvote 1

M-63 engine has special 4l fuel tank installed in front of carburetor AK-63 TK (or AK-25 4DF). Fuel from this tank is flowing to the carburetor under pressure.

I was suspecting it had to have some kind of modification.

Thanks for the info.

Wrongly formulated question. Direct injection of fuel is smtg different than feeding of fuel into carburetor under pressure and not only gravity.

To add to the M-63 engine pressurized flood tank. It was essential to release the air pressure when ishak was on the ground from this tank,because if throttle remained opened after engine shut down,needle in carburetor would be open and fuel would flood the cylinders.

Wrongly formulated question. Direct injection of fuel is smtg different than feeding of fuel into carburetor under pressure and not only gravity.

To add to the M-63 engine pressurized flood tank. It was essential to release the air pressure when ishak was on the ground from this tank,because if throttle remained opened after engine shut down,needle in carburetor would be open and fuel would flood the cylinders.

I don't believe this answer comes after six beers and 3 borovickas...

;)

I don't believe it myself but after two decades of injecting borovicka into my combustion chamber I'm kind of resistant to it :D