6./ZG26_Emil

ZG26 Sunday Night Impromptu Co-op [BOM only}

Sundays 19:00 UTC (20:00 UK Time)

Planeset BOM plus Pe-2 Series 87, Ju-87 and He-111

It's early days and work in progress but we're ready to start co-ops on Sundays. I will not be doing open sign ups because I want to find regular pilots/squads who will try to turn up every week so we get a really nice thing going.

Rules and restricted load outs are yet to have been finalized but we generally talk about these things on coms briefly or at least I will give you all the rules I've decided on on the night via TS. We only want sensible people and no none historic load outs (37mm gun on the 87 or 1800Kg bombs on 111 for example) and I want people who can taxi/take off/land and work well in teams. Eventually I will get around to locking the load outs and making this more streamlined. 

I'm not interested in 'suggestions' on plane sets I know the F4 was used in 1941 for example but I want to see the results before changing things....kill whores can head over to other servers. As a regular you might get an F2 or F4 one week but if you get an E7 or 202 the next and decide you can't be bothered because it's not your favourite ride or you don't like a challenge then this is not for you.

**Rules so far**

1. We will run one flight where everyone takes off for their mission. If you are shot down, eject or land you then wait until the last person has landed (probably 1 hour after start) and go and get a drink and we will then fly a second one without a server restart.

2. All flights will take historic and identical load outs

3. No chute kills/bad behaviour/kill stealing...I don't think I need to say this

4. When the last person has landed from mission #1 we will then run a second flight which will include those who were previously killed treat it as the next day/week if you like. This way we will get two full missions with large formations and it wont turn in to a free for all.

5. Both sides will need to spend a few minutes deciding on their tactics....the targets are heavily defended so you will need enough aircraft to complete their chosen mission. Can be done days before.

6. Don't complain about imbalance....it's war....if things are way too tough let me know politely by PM with video and I might change things but I am not going to be battered into submission by moaners. If I give a tough job one week I will do the same to the other side the next.

6. What I would like is that serious squads that are interested can simply register their interest. There will no weekly sign up as I would like that the regular squads are guaranteed seats.

It's early days but we had a great night last Sunday and the server was open and Wednesday went really well. Expect lots of experimentation and the odd very tough mission :) The first one or two missions are not going to have load-out locks or anything, this will change soon so please don't exploit this.

So....if you are in a group/squad register your interest or PM me. If you are a single person maybe you can talk to groups who get invited but I will also see what I can do to squeeze you in :)

p.s We probably have a few LW squads already so don't take offence if I cannot fit you in....there are just loads of 109 units out there. If there is an appetite we can do a third one in the week :) Alternatively why not enjoy flying something totally different and give the VVS aircraft a go....they tonnes of fun :)

Edited by 6./ZG26_Emil
  • Upvote 5

9./JG52 would like to formally register our interest in this event as per your 2nd to last paragraph

Hals und Beinbruch

• Upvote 1

9./JG52 would like to formally register our interest in this event as per your 2nd to last paragraph

Hals und Beinbruch

Got it :)

I think there will already be around 20-30 people but unless the turnout is low I will password the server and you can all use our TS

Hi Emil,

I will be there and will try to bring some Syndicate members along. Its our flying day so hopefully some show up and help mother Russia ;).

Hi Emil,

I will be there and will try to bring some Syndicate members along. Its our flying day so hopefully some show up and help mother Russia ;).

Awesome PM me when you know how many people can make it, I think some of the French guys are flying VVS plus some of Lucas's guys :)

Edited by 6./ZG26_Emil

I probably wont know how many of us will show up untill maybe later tonight but most probably tomorrow afternoon...since is in such a short notice. But we will fly what we can get, no problems there.

I probably wont know how many of us will show up untill maybe later tonight but most probably tomorrow afternoon...since is in such a short notice. But we will fly what we can get, no problems there.

No worries thanks

I think I will set up a section on our ZG26 forum where I can manage the members who join so they can only see their own side's briefing etc

That is going to be a lot easier that doing this by PM

OK I am setting up sections on our forum, come over and join the forum if you want to be involved (no rush). I will set it up so that VVS and LW can have a private section for briefings.

I've opened up sections on our forums for people to register. I'll then assign you to VVS or LW so you can see a briefing although so far I have only made one for the VVS side and it's a bit 'back of a fag packet'  :biggrin:

If anyone else wants to get involved let me know, earlier rather than later....I wont be reading the forums nearer the start time.

Forum is in my sig btw

Starting in just under 4 hours @ 19:00 UTC

We still have room for people mainly on the LW side amazingly

Get in touch if you are interested. BOM only plane set and TS is provided.

Thanks to everyone who flew tonight. We had a lot of fun. We had a nice little dog fight with that group of 3 MiGs close to the Russian target airfield. Good flying guys

Those 3 Migs might have been Xenos, Nocke and myself. Not sure "fight" is the right word :) I got to work on my evasive maneuvers (again). I definitely need some training in fighters, as soon as the situation gets too hot I lose contact with my team mates. Was fun nevertheless!

Those 3 Migs might have been Xenos, Nocke and myself. Not sure "fight" is the right word :) I got to work on my evasive maneuvers (again). I definitely need some training in fighters, as soon as the situation gets too hot I lose contact with my team mates. Was fun nevertheless!

You may have met up with 9./JG52 :) They killed 3 Migs capping one of the airfields earlier on. We flew a 110 sortie against the depot, the second against the Western VVS target airfield but I blew my engine thanks to my wife! We flew a third flight in F2s as the numbers dropped and also met 3 Mig-3s co-alt over the eastern VVS airfield target at around 4k.....they were fast but we snuck in behind them and got a nice fight. We destroyed 2 Migs and lost an F2.

All in all (and considering it was a last minute thing) it was yet again a good night with more than 40 people on the server.

I will start to get more organised and do briefings earlier and if anyone wants to post an AAR on our forum please do....I'll make a section for it. Mainly I want to know people's experiences to make sure I am designing the missions correctly. Flak was tough but not ridiculous from what I saw. Targets requited a large amount of bombs to remove them.

I think I speak for all the Syndicate pilots that flew tonight.

We really enjoyed the flights.

Thanks Emil and ZG26.

• Upvote 1

I think I speak for all the Syndicate pilots that flew tonight.

We really enjoyed the flights.

Thanks Emil and ZG26.

We cancelled the closed version and rules at last minute (again) because I was worried about a low turn out although it wasnt long before we got 40 players.

Please check in on our forum and send a simple AAR  or Feedback if there are things you  liked or disliked.

I am going to try to work on locking loadouts and refining the plane set etc for a number of missions so we can create scenarios this week....that way we can have multiple versions of each mission/weather etc.

It was very last minute....I will be posting the details for the next one soon and I will make sure I give the briefings etc out much earlier but it looks like next week will be even busier

The server has been increased to 64 players which should be enough and our TS can take 70 people :)

As Skydance said, we really enjoyed it and I personally enjoyed that nice fight against yours 3 or more 110 attacking that airfield, will do an AAR tomorrow.

If you need any help organizing I can help you out with the VVS side of it.

As Skydance said, we really enjoyed it and I personally enjoyed that nice fight against yours 3 or more 110 attacking that airfield, will do an AAR tomorrow.

If you need any help organizing I can help you out with the VVS side of it.

For sundays that would be really awesome :)

......but I blew my engine thanks to my wife!

You really should file a bug report!  :biggrin:

This event sounds really great, unfortunately my Sunday evenings are committed to the ACG campaign in Clod. 

Nice flying again gents ;)

I joined ZG26 to help with numbers. I participated on 3 runs. First one was very smooth. We took 6 Zerstoerers and went for fuel depot. Placed all eggs quite well and unmolested returned back to our AF. I was too fast on landing and made a bit jumpy touchdown with long run off maybe 100m behind strip. Tall grass helped to slow me down hehe. But the crate was in one piece,no harm done.

Second run on same target was not that smooth,as we were bounced by several MiGs over fuel depot. I tried to cover Asgar and fired few distraction salvos at MiG on his six only to be bounced by other one who set my engine(s) on fire. I bailed out with my arse on fire!

For third run we took F-2s and went just free hunting or as I call it "looking for trouble" After while we spot some contacts which happened to be... MiGs. We entered the furball. I tried to stay behind Asgar to cover his six. Emil was checking global situation and warned us about enemy at six. Somehow I managed to place a deflection shot on one diving MiG and smtg departed from him,looked like part of Elevator? Not sure,but he immediately jumped out. I had speed,but was low. I put Fridrich to steep climb to catch up with guys. I overreacted with my stick at the peak of the climbed and off I went into nasty flat spin. Tried every trick to put me out of it. None had worked. With the ground closer and closer I came to only viable solution - to jump out. Emil and Asgar continued with patrol while I walked back to AF picking mushrooms and drinking wodka.

I need to practice more on F-2,as it was in fact first time I flew it online. I have like 1h flying time in it as I did few campaign missions Sunday afternoon to unlock at least some bombs and winter skin. I've been neglecting LW side for quite some time,so my skills are rather rusty :D (not that they were any good before hehe)

Looking for next session gents.

• Upvote 1

For third run we took F-2s and went just free hunting or as I call it "looking for trouble" After while we spot some contacts which happened to be... MiGs. We entered the furball. I tried to stay behind Asgar to cover his six. Emil was checking global situation and warned us about enemy at six. Somehow I managed to place a deflection shot on one diving MiG and smtg departed from him,looked like part of Elevator? Not sure,but he immediately jumped out

Good call from Emil, I should have had you in that left climb (my bad for messing that up). Then when trying to follow you in the spiral dive I could not control my plane to retain the advantage, ended up with enemies on my six instead. Quite a few things I could have done better, from trimming to setting up my flaps for combat.

You may have met up with 9./JG52 :) They killed 3 Migs capping one of the airfields earlier on

• Upvote 4

Nice flying again gents ;)

I joined ZG26 to help with numbers. I participated on 3 runs. First one was very smooth. We took 6 Zerstoerers and went for fuel depot. Placed all eggs quite well and unmolested returned back to our AF. I was too fast on landing and made a bit jumpy touchdown with long run off maybe 100m behind strip. Tall grass helped to slow me down hehe. But the crate was in one piece,no harm done.

Second run on same target was not that smooth,as we were bounced by several MiGs over fuel depot. I tried to cover Asgar and fired few distraction salvos at MiG on his six only to be bounced by other one who set my engine(s) on fire. I bailed out with my arse on fire!

For third run we took F-2s and went just free hunting or as I call it "looking for trouble" After while we spot some contacts which happened to be... MiGs. We entered the furball. I tried to stay behind Asgar to cover his six. Emil was checking global situation and warned us about enemy at six. Somehow I managed to place a deflection shot on one diving MiG and smtg departed from him,looked like part of Elevator? Not sure,but he immediately jumped out. I had speed,but was low. I put Fridrich to steep climb to catch up with guys. I overreacted with my stick at the peak of the climbed and off I went into nasty flat spin. Tried every trick to put me out of it. None had worked. With the ground closer and closer I came to only viable solution - to jump out. Emil and Asgar continued with patrol while I walked back to AF picking mushrooms and drinking wodka.

I need to practice more on F-2,as it was in fact first time I flew it online. I have like 1h flying time in it as I did few campaign missions Sunday afternoon to unlock at least some bombs and winter skin. I've been neglecting LW side for quite some time,so my skills are rather rusty :D (not that they were any good before hehe)

Looking for next session gents.

Was it you flying the white F-2 which went into the flat spin?

We were flying patrol around that area for a while when Nocke spotted you guys (God bless the migs rear visibility). I got hit and had a fuel leak, went into a spin, recovered and got back into the fight. Saw a white F-2 chasing after coconut, got deflection hits on it as it did a split S, saw it go into a flat spin, so left it alone to chase after others which I now regret as an F-2 with some fantastic shooting tore me to pieces from far off. Landed near river and strolled back to base.

Nocke made it back alive, meanwhile coconut parachuted down into the trees where coconuts belong.

No chute kills...kill stealing...

Don't complain....it's war....

I smell a strong odor of contradiction...

Sounds fun tho I may sign up.

Edited by Hauggy

@coconut

I'll check that video later when home. I had more luck then skill,that's for sure :D yes,Emil was very good at commenting what's going on.

@Xenos

So it was you then! Yes,I got into nasty flat spin, but don't remember hearing any hits. Now I know what happened. We left you before seeing you are smoking and spinning :) And of course S!

Edit: yes,I was the only one in our messer trio with winter camo. I realised it when we were spinning our engines on AF but Asgar said I should keep it so that I can attract all the bullets. He was right :D

Edited by Brano

- which I now regret as an F-2 with some fantastic shooting tore me to pieces from far off. Landed near river and strolled back to base. -

that would be me  :biggrin: thanks for the compliment. It was a very nice fight. I enjoyed it a lot

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Yep that was us. It was Asgar that made the high angle deflection shot I think, I made two deflection shots but it turns out I am very rusty after not flying the 109 for 7 or 8 months lol. I lost Coconut in the ground clutter so went in to high cover, if Nocke was the last Mig I was the 109 that looped over him to keep an altitude advantage but my tract IR went crazy and I lost sight of him over the forest. A few mistakes made on each side it seems but that's the fog of war :) Considering not of us (Brano and Asgar) have flown fighters together as a team I was pretty happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_ToP6POlw

• Upvote 2

We cancelled the closed version and rules at last minute (again) because I was worried about a low turn out although it wasnt long before we got 40 players.

Thanks god cus the first take off run wasnt that beatiful, in fact...I crashed with Skydance after he spinned his MiG in front of me :biggrin: so that should have been it for us.

You tried to shoot me and you were actually bounce by 3 more SYNs, Speck light you up ;)

Il-2%202016-05-02%2010-35-28-82_zps7mdnq

Il-2%202016-05-02%2009-13-04-75_zpsnknit

We had good fun (small AAR at ZG26 forum) but we are rusty since we didnt fly this sim much but it seems thats gonna change...

@Emil, let me know what you need to be done.

S! To Speck then ;) There is never enough SYN guys in the air,glad you joined in. Looks like these Sundays and Wednesdays could become a nice regular sessions with like-minded people participating.

It reminds me old times in old Sturm when we did such sessions in our Czechoslovak community. It was DF server but ran kind of co-op style with stable audience. We were able to put together over 100 pilots for such sessions. Golden era of flightsims ;)

Brano - was a puff of smoke off you, probs just a scratch ;)

Just watched Emils vid, no wonder you guys got us, you are like clockwork! Looks like we have some brushing up to do. On my end I need to quit stalling, and learn to fly the mig more.

Edited by 55IAP_Xenos

Cuckoo clockworks. At least on my side,with Emil as cuckoo :D

I am just asking how many Finnish pilots from our several "Lentolaivue" Squads are coming. We are very interested in with this co-op! :)

For those squads who participated last night and the ones I've been in touch with could you pop over to register on our forum please....doesn't have to be every squad member but at least one as that is where the briefings will be located.

Once we are organised we can leave this thread alone otherwise this part of the forum as some of the other co-ops do their sign ups here :)

If you aren't sure if your squad is included let me know but I think I've spoken to most.

Also the few individuals who are not in a squad who flew on our coms are obviously included.

Once the dust settles I will know if there is room for more people and post here again :)

Forum Link is in my sig

Edited by 6./ZG26_Emil