Han

Developer Diary, Part 128 - Discussion

Hello everyone!

Battle of Moscow open beta is available for BoM owners for three weeks now. Of course, during this time we were busy improving the game.

First, the map of Moscow region has been improved, more evergreen trees were added. 

Second, we use the time it takes to finish the campaign cutscenes to improve the campaign missions. Additional story scenarios for the campaign are ready, as well as tactical overlays that show the current situation at operational level:

Third, we're making some changes and additions to the campaign. We'll describe them in detail later, but here is a teaser:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 8

Looking great! Campaign improvements are always a good thing

Many thanks, I will go down and check if I can download this, right now

This news isn't a patch

• Upvote 1

Ranks..that possibility should please a lot of people! Map improvements look great

Cheers Dakpilot

Beautiful visuals. Tankers will get a big kick out of it I imagine. Campaign and gameplay improvements will be very welcome.

I like the idea of having the real ranks in the game and the map screenshots look excellent!

So no info about the current FM of the 190, very disappointing.

Fresh news on Fw 190 FM - it's fine and still no one were able to proof opposite, only emotions  :)

Plus - Fw 190 - is offtopic for this thread. Please keep forum rules.

• Upvote 18

Nice improvements on Moscow map, looking good!

And I am very excited about that campaign teaser! Glad to see SP is getting constant improvements  :)

Thanks for the update  :salute:

The addition of the evergreen trees is really pretty impressive. I look forward to playing some campaign missions later and checking out the changes. Even more, I appreciate the attention to detail of which types of forests are where. This is cool stuff!!

Great news! The Moscow landscape is fantastic.

Any update on this from Dev Diary #120?

33. Correct Ju 87 engine thermal modeling;

The addition of the evergreen trees is really pretty impressive. I look forward to playing some campaign missions later and checking out the changes. Even more, I appreciate the attention to detail of which types of forests are where. This is cool stuff!!

I don't think there is a patch today... I think this is just a news update.

Great news indeed. Thank you devs.

Ranks  :good:

Han,will they replace actual "pilot level" ?

Han,will they replace actual "pilot level" ?

Or allow flying as wingman in campaign?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for news, ranks in campaign looks very promising  :)

P.S. ...Fw-190A-3 is in actual version.. ehm... parody of real planes. Have a nice day.

18. Claiming that FM is incorrect without the required proof and starting a flame thread based on such claim is prohibited.

The form for an FM claim consists of:

• short but consistent description of the claim;
  • link to a reference and to a specific part of such reference that describes correct behaviour of a disputed element/situation;
  • game track record and the list of conditions used to recreate disputed element/situation.

Exception to this rule: FM discussion

Verbal warning

Or allow flying as wingman in campaign?

You'll be able to fly as wingman in two story scenarios.

• Upvote 3

Thx il2 team , I'm reading this on holiday in Crete sat by the pool drinking beer but if I'm honest I'd rather be back home playing il2 shooting sh@t up and smoking a fat one. Cheers.

Man the world model looks amazing. Good work guys. I cannot wait to make craters in it, LOL.

• Upvote 2

Beautiful visuals. Tankers will get a big kick out of it I imagine.

Don't forget I16 pilots, so slow you can enjoy every refinement of this beautiful sim.

And people still ask why some fly them... One of the answers is here.

Anyway this sim is becoming so awesome :good:

Maps look fantastic, I particularly like the open grass airfields. Ranks: if that means a bit more role play in the campaign, terrific.

Please just make the pilot level adjustable by the player (or get rid of it) so that he can enjoy the game as he wishes, and all will be good in BoXland.

• Upvote 1

Any chance to get a functional contact altimeter one day since we now have two planes (ju-88 and ju-87) that have one and that we currently cannot use?

nice forest!!! next time i will land my plane beside forest and look for mushrooms!! hahahaha. looks very nice!

All good news, especially if ranks means you will drop the bloody PILOT LEVELS. They are the biggest immersion killer in the game.

Good visual improvement on forests.

Can you give some hints what comes after BoM release? A period of rest and relaxation for the team or hammering down bugs or do you guys start focusing to produce third expansion? Hopefully to Leningrad, Karelian Isthmus & Gulf of Finland area now that you have very similar looking forest ready and lot's of existing planes available for that theatre :)

Edited by LLv32_Damixu

I find my Level 9 pilot opposing not too much difficulties on progressing Moscow campaign. Personally I enjoy some of the "impossible" missions. So I would no like them to be easier. But I am all for the liberty to choose.

Moscow map is better in terms of navigating, but the sun make the terrain  darker somehow and harder to find targets, probably correct, just an observation. Also I found out that it is my crappy fighter pilot skills was not bad self esteem , they are true enough :)

I am also glad SP are being worked on, I am not fond of public servers, and need something to do in-between Friday Night Bomber Flights 

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte