Request for a Russian medium bomber

I like the HE 177 Grief by appearance , hope they build in its ability to spontaneous combustion. HS 129 , JU 188, A 20 , B 25, IL 4, DO 217 K I would not cry if we got any of these. A TB 7/ PE 8 would be very good, but I have no hopes for it.

I would really like to see a IL 4 but I agree with Dakpilot about the A 20 Havoc/ Boston , it would do in many theaters , all in fact even Pasific

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread just to share an idea...

The Il-4 (or the A-20 for that matter) would fit in as Soviet tactical level bombers and torpedo bombers if they go to Kuban/Crimea/Murmansk/Leningrad. The Luftwaffe has its major medium bombers except for the Do-217 which saw little to no Eastern Front action and the Do-17 which only saw limited service in 1941 and later with the Finnish Air Force, which regarded it as a piece of junk.

Considering the success of this type of aircraft within Rise of Flight, I believe it would make perfect sense to bundle up a sea plane into a possible 1943 Eastern Front Axis set (unless we get Kursk of course, operating from a small lake near Kharkov is underwhelming  :biggrin:). The He-59 , He-115 and Do-24 operated in aforementioned theatres up to 1944, and once the Wermacht lost control of most airfields in the Kuban and Crimea area they played a major part resupplying and evacuating its troops, together with the Ju-52.

On top of that, implementing these would be a great test-bed for future expansions both within the Eastern Front and in the Mediterranean and Pacific theatres, since you would need anything from Dorniers to MBR-2s and Catalinas.

I'm always ready to agree with adding seaplanes and flying boats!!!

The A 20 would be a very handy pick as well, because it was used in every theater of the war, not to mention in large numbers by the VVS, and it can be argued that it was the best light bomber of the war.  It certainly was the best light bomber in the South West Pacific area.

051118-F-1234P-046.jpg

Hell Asgar, if the RLM had a say on it they would have put dive brakes on the Kubelwagen :biggrin:

Indeed I think the Germans even fitted them to the VW Beetle post war...mine would never go past 60 mph even going down a hill 

I agree, this game badly needs a VVS meduim bomber, the Pe-2's are MRCA and adding two without a dedicated level bomber is a bit of cheating I think. The Germans have the He-111 and the Ju-88, so the VVS should get a similar bomber too - one that has ai behaviour like a bomber and not a heavy fighter. The Pe-2's just go mental when you attack them in a fighter, and pretty soon it seems like a dogfight rather that a bomber intercept!

Il-4 is a cool looking bomber and it was a work horse for the Russians. It did a lot of work as torpedo bomber on all fronts. I'd like to see it in game.

I used to live close to the border with USSR in north-western Romania and we were catching Russian TV chanels.

I remember a good old Russian war movie about Il-4 torpedo bombers. This was back in early eighties.

I loved it's cool lines ever since.

Any Russians here remember that movie?

e73c3129d8797876fcb7b7d712637308.jpg

Edited by Jaws2002

Il-4 is a cool looking bomber and it was a work horse for the Russians. It did a lot of work as torpedo bomber on all fronts. I'd like to see it in game.

I used to live close to the border with USSR in north-western Romania and we were catching Russian TV chanels.

I remember a good old Russian war movie about Il-4 torpedo bombers. This was back in early eighties.

I loved it's cool lines ever since.

Any Russians here remember that movie?

Sure do. I've got the DVD. I would love the Il-4 and recreate some of the scenes.

Edited by Elem
  • 3 years later...
On 4/17/2016 at 4:57 PM, YoYo said:

+1  :cool:

il_4_01.jpg

il_4_02.jpg

After BoBp, it might be a good time to add the IL-4 (DB-3) as a Collector plane. I believe there was already some progress made on it during the development of BoM. It's also the highest ranking bomber in this poll in the russian forum -- https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/8096-следующий-коллекционный-самолёт-вне-проектов/

It was also used by the Finnish Air Force so might fit in the Battle of Finland project:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, danielprates said:

God damn it! Here I was reading this thread carefully, saying "wat" everytime somebody said something about the A20... took me some 20 posts to realize this a 2016 thread. 

Crap! Holy necroing, batman.

IL-4 is not dead as long as we remember it!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, danielprates said:

God damn it! Here I was reading this thread carefully, saying "wat" everytime somebody said something about the A20... took me some 20 posts to realize this a 2016 thread. 

Crap! Holy necroing, batman.

Indeed. Although it made me look back in here - as I have no recollection of starting the thread in the first place! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, 361st_Hoss said:

I would love to see the Tu-2 in game too..........  really loved it in legacy IL2....................

5981979515_7d6ba7d1f0_b.jpg

It would be good upgrade to Pe-2 for late war maps, faster , can carry bigger payload, and most importantly have 3x12.7 rear MGs + 2x20mm forward fiering cannons, it would be one mans army in this game :)