Photo

oculus rift cv1,is there anyone using it now?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 GrendelsDad

GrendelsDad
  • Founder

Posted 02 September 2016 - 13:20

Wild card...I like your style.

DP_1.pnghttp://ver1ex.ru/inw/gr_sl_II.png

DP_2.png                                                   

#42 Highwayman

Highwayman

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:03

I'm a fan of BOS and ROF. Love them both. However, since getting my rift I haven't touched either as the experience with the rift in FSX (using FlyInside) and DCS is absolutely amazing and I simply can't fly using a flat screen any more.

Add Rift support and I also will buy BOM and probably some premium planes as well, as will the the other 10 of us in our virtual flyboys gang that are sporting rifts now... And we'll probably club together to get you a really big cake, and no, the cake is not a lie ;)

Edited by Highwayman, 08 September 2016 - 09:05.

Intel i7-7700k @4.8GHz
MSI Z270 Gaming Carbon Pro
32GB G.Skill Trident DDR3200 RAM
MSI 11GB GTX1080ti Founders Edition
40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
Oculus Rift CV1
Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

#43 kissklas

kissklas
  • Founder

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:12

Same! Plus, I got rid of the headtracker to make room for the Rift, and I cant get myself to play with mouse/joystick look.

Already got BoM and I will buy anything they throw at me, but I will chip in on that cake if DX11 and a good VR implementation is developed:)

Intel Xeon W3680 (6 cores, HT on) @ 4.2Ghz, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ 1533 MHz, 12GB RAM DDR3 triple channel @1600MHz, Oculus Rift CV1,

Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, MS Sidewinder FFB2, Saitek X-65F Throttle.

kissklas_sig_by_kissklas-d8ijdch.jpg

#44 II./JG77_Manu*

II./JG77_Manu*
  • Founder

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:58

You really think the Normandy map will be out this year? LMAO
It's a shame the rift isn't supported yet. BoM is incredible with the VIVE. As an all round experience BoM is way better than DCS in VR. The maps look better, the effects look better even the cockpits look better in BoM. The 3d modelers and texture artists have done an incredible job with this game, they really have. I find myself just flying around enjoying the experience when my mission is complete. I haven't had a chance to use a rift yet so can't compare but I have no problem reading the dials with the vive. Those of you with the rift are in for a treat when it's finally supported

Normandy map will be out this year. It's confirmed 2016.

Apart from that - glad to hear that you can already play BoM in VR, i am jealous to say the least.

I have barely seen any report about VR in BoX so far, in contrary to DCS..so i would really be interested in:

how is spotting with the Vive? Is it harder or easier then with a screen?

How is combat? Judging how/when to shoot, judging distances?

Would be glad to hear some report, how (good) VR is working for BoX so far, at least for someone lucky (like you) where it is working properly

#45 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 12 September 2016 - 16:39

Normandy is coming... Cough cough... Soon

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#46 Wingit

Wingit
  • Founder

Posted 15 September 2016 - 20:35

I am with most of these guys I have not spent anything on here for about a year mainly because of no oculus support put most of my money into DCS and P3D had the DK2 and CV1 and I couldn't go back to flat screen. If anyone is interested the CV1 image is supposed to be about 10% sharper than the Vive that's reported by those that own both...

i7 4790K 4.00Ghz - Asus Maximus VII Hero - GTX 980 - 16gb Corsair Vengeance - Win 10 64bit

#47 Beazil

Beazil
  • Founder

Posted 15 September 2016 - 20:58

My Vive arrived today. I have some thingsort to do but I will try to hook it up tonight. :D

#48 SharpeXB

SharpeXB
  • Founder

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:14

Wow I just got a chance to finally try an Oculus CV-1 at my office, an architectural firm. We are of course using it as a design presentation media. The ultimate media. Amazing. Everything I've read about it now I finally got to experience.
The tracking is so completely natural, I had no hint of any motion sickness. I had wondered how this might go over with clients, nothing ruins a presentation more than making your client sick. But there's none of that for me at least. Even the walking around using the XBox could controller wasn't dizzying. It really does make you believe you're there. And you have no sense of the screen in front of your face, this was another aspect I wondered about, that your eyes can't focus on something so close. But the lenses focus you out to infinity so it's just so real. Those two aspects above just nail it. Yes there's room for improvement in resolution and FOV. But the "presence" like they say about the tracking, that's what makes it. I think the resolution isn't up to flight simming yet and there's that SDE effect. But that's certainly going to be solved in the next generation. For what we use it for it's here now today. This is going to be huge in our business. Our buildings today are already designed, rendered and documented in 3D, we have no use for 2D drafting programs. So this is just a viewer for work we already have done.
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28” Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

#49 vitabutch

vitabutch
  • Founder

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:12

I think the resolution isn't up to flight simming yet and there's that SDE effect. But that's certainly going to be solved in the next generation.

The story of your business is really good, however It clearly seen that you didint try VR for flight sims. So I wouldn't make any conclusions based on the other software. Find the way to try DCS or WarThunder in Oculus. Or maybe BOS in Vive, I just don't know how does it perform, but DCS and WarThunder perform just great. You will have no problems reading gauges, dials and you will see that even this generation of VR is just great to use with flightsims. Of course future technology will be even better. But with this logic you can endlessly wait for the "next generation" without having an experience we have available today.

P.S. You will feel dizziness and nausea when start flying aerobatics in VR for the first time. Its natural and it has nothing to do with VR performance. The same (or worse) you would feel doing aerobatics in the real plane.

Edited by vitabutch, 16 September 2016 - 05:13.

#50 SharpeXB

SharpeXB
  • Founder

Posted 16 September 2016 - 20:02

Whereas before I thought that playing a first person shooter with the controller joystick walking and running you around would be nauseous. I had no experience of that waking around my building design. as far as I could tell VR isn't any more gut churning than the real thing would be.
When we get some for our office I may have to "work late" one night... ;-) DCSW is free Y'know
These headsets aren't even superfluous to our business. The fact that a client can literally be in their building before it's built and thereby avoid changes during construction pays for the VR many times over. It's a cool new world.
We have an Alienware w 980M plus an external GPU to make it portable.

Edited by SharpeXB, 16 September 2016 - 20:06.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28” Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

#51 19//SAG

19//SAG
  • Founder

Posted 17 September 2016 - 17:40

Can someone please report on how the VIve  Works with BoX?? hoes the experience? Resolution? spotting? navigating?

Pretty please pleeeaseee ;)

SAG

Intel core i5 4670k 4.3 GHZ,  MSI Gaming X Nvidia GTX1070 8GB, HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 RAM, Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 850W PSU, Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

#52 Beazil

Beazil
  • Founder

Posted 17 September 2016 - 17:50

I have not been able to play box with the vice yet except for theatre mode. Gonna try virtual desktop later today and will report back. HTC vive support 8th not working for me atm.

#53 =TBAS=Tripwire

=TBAS=Tripwire
  • Founder

Posted 17 September 2016 - 17:51

For me right now it is unplayable with the Vive other than for a small amount of time to see what the cockpit looks like.

There is a too great a delay between head movement and screen updating making the experience nauseous. Menu's are also nauseous.

Spotting is quite hard, ID of other planes difficult too. Navigation would be easier as you feel like you have more situational awareness in VR, and looking past bars/frame in the cockpit only needs one eye to see past (like in real life). 

Flying as a bomber pilot would be fine though as you generally aren't trying to spot single pixels off in the distance.

I am positive that this will improve and looking forward to what the game will be like when more effort is placed into the implementation of VR.

Once you are "inside" the cockpit of one of these planes - its very hard to go back to looking at one via a flat screen.

i7-7700k @ 4.8 | 16GB RAM | GTX1080ti | M2 SSD | TrackIR4 | HTC Vive | MSFFB2 + Joytokey | MFG Crosswind Pedals

#54 Beazil

Beazil
  • Founder

Posted 17 September 2016 - 17:57

Indeed. Fired up war thunder because of the support. Loved the dizziness and vertigo. Not too disorienting and really gives you a sense of motion. I'm excited for box implementation.

#55 vitabutch

vitabutch
  • Founder

Posted 17 September 2016 - 18:15

For me right now ....

Once you are "inside" the cockpit of one of these planes - its very hard to go back to looking at one via a flat screen.

Many thanks for the feedback! That's what I was afraid about - BoX is not VR ready unfortunately :(

Indeed. Fired up war thunder because of the support. Loved the dizziness and vertigo. Not too disorienting and really gives you a sense of motion. I'm excited for box implementation.

Same with me, just cant stop playing arcade mode there - so much fun! :) Even though I was always simulator type of a guy I like VR fun with everything around shooting and exploding :) Lets see, maybe TF5 will bring me back to the serious flying :)

#56 ptisinge

ptisinge
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:42

Same here, I used to strongly dislike everything about War Thunder, but now I often play it in VR (while IL2 BOS is still shelved), logging in the enduring conflicts mode (with the so-called "simulator" mode). At least it means I can do the take-off and landing, and as it's not heavily populated I often just go on a ground attack run or a patrol to intercept whoever might be around - on monitor it would be awfully boring, but in VR I just soak myself in the atmosphere of feeling in a warbird cockpit.

Given the way I play, there's no doubt that the IL2 BOx series in single player would be way better than War Thunder, so I'll go back to supporting it whenever VR support will finally be on par with the other sims. In single player, I don't mind activating icons if I need to spot other planes - War Thunder system which seems to increase the contrast of the pixels of distant planes also works very well with the Vive - I never have any issue spotting anyone, and scanning your surroundings, checking our six in VR is so immersive, it's brilliant!

Edited by ptisinge, 19 September 2016 - 01:43.

#57 BFsSmurfy

BFsSmurfy
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:36

I tried the DK1 with BOS at the pre-release Cologne Gamescom in 2013, imo it's a must have when the support is there for it. I reached forward to grab the stick that wasn't there!!! It was that immersive, the feeling that you're actually in the cockpit cannot be replicated by normal monitor's. As for all this DCS will have this and that this year!!!! really? when did they ever finish anything, where's the P47 and Spit I funded????

When the monkey is grinding the organ you know you`re bolloxed

#58 Beazil

Beazil
  • Founder

Posted 20 September 2016 - 00:58

Yup.  I hear you Smurfy.  Glad you got to experience BOS with it... was just gonna try fiddling with mine  again... 

#59 Maico

Maico
  • Founder

Posted 05 October 2016 - 00:10

Hey fellas,

Only Froogle sim's mention of a new theater got me to open this forum.  Like many others, I bought a CV1 Rift and forgot about BOM/S.  I want to fly the Airacobra in this sim so bad that it hurts.  However, until I see Rift support, I will be playing DCS with an occasional blast in WT just to fly something new.  I am also using flyinside with P3D. 

As its been said (and I am purposely killing the dead horse) Once you fly in VR, its hard to go back.  Low resolution be damned!  VR is 1:1 scale, the feeling in the pit of your stomach and the Real feeling of takeoff and landing. 

I have faith in this company to have proper VR support soon.  It is the future of flight sims.

Maico
i7 5930 @4.2 GHz /EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB / DDR4 x32 Gig / LG 34"UC97 Curved Ultra Wide 3440x1440 / TiR5, X-55 Rhino, Slaw Bf-109 Pedals 

#60 Highwayman

Highwayman

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:07

I'm a fan of BOS and ROF. Love them both. However, since getting my rift I haven't touched either as the experience with the rift in FSX (using FlyInside) and DCS is absolutely amazing and I simply can't fly using a flat screen any more.

Add Rift support and I also will buy BOM and probably some premium planes as well, as will the the other 10 of us in our virtual flyboys gang that are sporting rifts now... And we'll probably club together to get you a really big cake, and no, the cake is not a lie ;)

As promised, P-40 purchased, I'll order BOK as soon as it becomes available, and I've introduced 4 virtual pilots to BOS and our little virtual flying club.

We love the VR implementation!

Edited by Highwayman, 21 April 2017 - 11:08.

Intel i7-7700k @4.8GHz
MSI Z270 Gaming Carbon Pro
32GB G.Skill Trident DDR3200 RAM
MSI 11GB GTX1080ti Founders Edition
40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
Oculus Rift CV1
Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

#61 OrLoK

OrLoK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:19

good stuff!

#62 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 21 April 2017 - 20:12

As promised, P-40 purchased, I'll order BOK as soon as it becomes available, and I've introduced 4 virtual pilots to BOS and our little virtual flying club.

We love the VR implementation!

:good: 

Nice!!

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users