Sign in to follow this  
CCCPBera

CH Quadrant!

Hi folks!

My CH Quadrant is arriving today (can´t wait!).

Do you have any tips on how to configure, or if there´s some technical issues that I should be aware of?

Also, which functions do you set to the levers and buttons? I´m also using rudder pedals and a Thrustmaster flight stick with lots of buttons.

Thank you!

Plug and play.

Awesome choicefor throttles and all.

For functions:

I also have the warthog, so the throttles are on that, but the CH does give me (from left to right) 1. Water rad valve (and intake valves for the air cooled engines) ** 2. Oil cooler valves ** 3. mixture eng1** 4. mixture eng2 ** 5. proppitch eng1** 6. proppitch eng2

The buttons are used for lights in cockpit/landing lights/ nav lights. I have a few spare as the Warthog is taking most of the other functions.

Good luck configuring. After a few days fine tuning you'll find what works for you.

Love my Quad! Make sure to setup a deadzone for each axis on it to get rid of the jumpyness. I got mine used so maybe that's just mine cause its older but it works great once you set some deadzones. For the buttons I have a HOTAS and a couple button boxes so I'm good but I do put most of the autorad, auto/manual prop below their respective axis. For the levers think I got prop, mix, and oil and water rads setup on mine right now love it!

Edited by kestrel79

I hope to get one myself at some point. Had one some years back and it really made a difference.

Although sounds like some of you have the 6 quadrant version.

Edited by seafireliv

Love my Quad! Make sure to setup a deadzone for each axis on it to get rid of the jumpyness. I got mine used so maybe that's just mine cause its older but it works great once you set some deadzones. For the buttons I have a HOTAS and a couple button boxes so I'm good but I do put most of the autorad, auto/manual prop below their respective axis. For the levers think I got prop, mix, and oil and water rads setup on mine right now love it!

Kestrel78

Did you set deadzones in the game settings or in CH Control Manager? If in game, what % setting did you use for Deadzone: High and Deadzone: Low? I see spiking in the game settings but not in CH Control Manager.

Hey, grats! Wish I could get one as well... :) Have been drooling for it for ages, especially when I love to fly 2+ engine planes and my stick has only one throttle lever.

Although sounds like some of you have the 6 quadrant version.

That's the only model CH has ever made. 

IF you have jiter after you calibrate it, unplug your CH from pc and pass it through an external powered USB Hub. USB 2 or 3 doesn't mater just make it a powered one. It saved me, and now i love it :)

And if you like to mess around (I do!), that's an easy way to transform from 2 engine to single engine throttle, find a good sized pin, use a drill to cut through the interchangeable grips, be careful to drill straight or else the 2 levers wont move at the same rate, insert the pin to use it for single engines and remove to use for 2.

post-13924-0-12063300-1460912237_thumb.jpg

post-13924-0-16201500-1460912250_thumb.jpg

post-13924-0-06640400-1460912265_thumb.jpg

Edited by KG200_Volker
  • Upvote 1

I think he means the Saitek one

Damn. Always get them mixed up! They do look similar.

Edited by seafireliv

I set everything in game, don't touch the CH manager for the Throttle Quad or my pedals. Each axis is a little different, I'd start with 5% on each end, then move them in the game. What you want is each axis registering 0%-100% with no jumpiness. Also try putting the noise filter on a little bit I think that helps too.

Mine still jumps a little if I have it at like 50%, but with all the engines on you don't hear anything so I don't mind.

Was bidding on one on ebay yesterday.. it was going for around 50 but someone nabbed it from me for 1p more than I bid which ruined my day  :(  All others I have found are £100 plus..   is there any alternatives to this product? aka just a box with a lot of levers on which can be assigned to throttle/ rpm / mixture ect 

Was bidding on one on ebay yesterday.. it was going for around 50 but someone nabbed it from me for 1p more than I bid which ruined my day  :(  All others I have found are £100 plus..   is there any alternatives to this product? aka just a box with a lot of levers on which can be assigned to throttle/ rpm / mixture ect 

Ebay is truly annoying. Had the same crap happen to me. I really can`t be bothered with all that sneaky buying at the last minute stuff just to have someone whip it from under my nose. I hate dealing with it.

I`ve been looking for one that`s not £100+ too, but I can`t find any. Just too expensive and I`ve already forked out for rudders, TIR and thesim BOM\BOS. A quadrant is breaking the bank, but it`s the final piece of the cockpit!

Guess I gotta work harder doing more art again.

Edited by seafireliv

Ah we were bidding on the same item. Had to quit at 36 or so due to massive postage fees. Not much hope to get it for that price anyways. And a brand new costs 180 euros here, so it seems I'm not going to be able to get one. :(

Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant is an alternative, but it has 3 levers and it's at the moment out of stock practically everywhere in the world and ebay prices are in skies because of it. I'd personally get CH one if I could.

Also through JCurves you can alter the response curve of throttle and rpm levers in the crucial range of 60 to 80% range for more precision, very helpful especially if you fly bombers.

post-13924-0-20524200-1464504808_thumb.jpg

(My throttle/rpm curve)