Fantasy

Battle Of Berlin New DLC!?

Battle Of Berlin 1943-1945

Allies: 

U S Army Aircrafts: B-17, B-24, P-38L, P-51, P-47, 

Great Britain Aircafts: DH.98 Mosquito, Stirling, Halifax, Lancaster, maybe Spitfire

Soviet Aircrafts : Pe-8, Il-2 

Axis

Germany Aircrafts: Me 410, BF-190 G-6, G-10 and K-4, BF-110, Maybe Me 262

Aircraft accessories:

Bordrakete BR 21 rockets fitted to Messerschmitt Bf 109 and Bf 110.

R4M Rockets fitted Messerschmitt Me 262s and the ground attack version.

short-ranged 30 mm cannon Me 262.

Me-410:

• Upvote 1

Better would be a scenario were some of the existing planes, or variants wich require only small changes, could be used.

Everything else puts too much strain on financing the development.

Imo

• Upvote 1

Plus flying from Bomber County all the way to Berlin in the middle of the night to drop a bomb in the middle of flak is exciting at first, but I already barely have 3 continuous hours to put into flying, let alone 6-8.

Also having this scenario, the Il-2 could only strike that region in 1945, and the Pe-8 wasn't used that often. To be representative you would need a La-7 and a Yak-3, plus an Il-4 or Tu-2 for level bombing.

Not feasible with the current engine.

Best put it out of your mind, it's not gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

It didn't work too well in the Original series as everything had to be air starts for the allies

I think we should go to the med first lol, lots of war to cover between Moscow and Berlin lol

I think we should go to the med first lol, lots of war to cover between Moscow and Berlin lol

As long as they keep making stuff I'll keep buying it :D

• Upvote 1

North Africa and the Mediterranean:

1. It was the first real chance the West had to help the USSR out

2. It had some of the largest swings in tactical fortune, quickly - sometimes airfields getting overrun a day after they had been captured

3. Terrain was varied, from desert mountains, to island fortresses, to the Italian penninsulas, to libyan ports, to Palestine and Iran

4. Missions were widely varied, from U boat and maritime shipping hunting to scrambles to defend the airfield, to strategic bombing, to paratrooper missions

5. Aircraft were widely varied, and on a qualitative parity not seen in the rest of the war: Italy, US, Commonwealth and Brits, Germany - many of these were also of the types which were lend lease aircraft to the Soviets

6. The impact the Med theatre had on the air war over the USSR was immense

From a practical standpoint it is one of the best theatres for IL2 to go to, next

From a simmer's standpoint it is one of the least covered and most interesting gaming experiences to be had in WWII aviation.

Edited by Venturi
  • Upvote 3

North Africa and the Med would be the best as we already have the planes for the axis side even the Italians. The Brits used the P-40 and all we would need is the Spitfire,Hurricane and a couple of British bombers. Infact the spit and hurri could also be used on the Russian maps.

• Upvote 2

Don't forget the P38, P39, P51, A20, B25

North Africa and the Med would be the best as we already have the planes for the axis side even the Italians. The Brits used the P-40 and all we would need is the Spitfire,Hurricane and a couple of British bombers. Infact the spit and hurri could also be used on the Russian maps.

Well if they have access to the files from CoD, then they've already got the hurri and spit covered, not to mention Blenheim and beaufighters.

ETA: actually I'd pay happily for that DLC if they just imported all the models from cliffs into BoS&M

Edited by II./JG53_Uwe

Battle Of Berlin 1943-1945

Allies: 

U S Army Aircrafts: B-17, B-24, P-38L, P-51, P-47, 

Great Britain Aircafts: DH.98 Mosquito, Stirling, Halifax, Lancaster, maybe Spitfire

Soviet Aircrafts : Pe-8, Il-2 

Axis

Germany Aircrafts: Me 410, BF-190 G-6, G-10 and K-4, BF-110, Maybe Me 262

Aircraft accessories:

Bordrakete BR 21 rockets fitted to Messerschmitt Bf 109 and Bf 110.

R4M Rockets fitted Messerschmitt Me 262s and the ground attack version.

short-ranged 30 mm cannon Me 262.

Me-410:

Your name ''Fantasy''parallels your request that you are asking for.

Lets start by finishing the beta patches going gold for at least Battle of Stalingrad and continue the Beta Battle of Moscow

and finnally make it a gold release then lets fantasize about other releases.

>> Your name ''Fantasy''parallels your request that you are asking for.

not sure - why it should be fantasy what he asks for ?

if they want to sell further content, they must go in this direction.

it´s more as a DLC, that´s clear. But in a time range of 2 Years it should be possible.

They already extend the Data Types and the Address Space to 64bit. Cant believe that they

didnt make any plans to extend their current Engine to handle these scenarios. 

If so, it will be a bad Business for the future of IL2

personally I am not interested in Battle of Kursk or Battle of Kuban.

P51, Spit and Me 262 its a must in my opinion... 

Edited by RoteDreizehn

Your name ''Fantasy''parallels your request that you are asking for.

Lets start by finishing the beta patches going gold for at least Battle of Stalingrad and continue the Beta Battle of Moscow

and finnally make it a gold release then lets fantasize about other releases.

Honestly, what does it hurt? Will it dissuade the development team from following their path or completing the current version of the sim? I doubt it. In my eye all this shows is some enthusiasm for the game. It sure beats the constant complaining that springs up around here so often.

You plan the right planes of USA and UK, but why give Soviet only two antiquated planes in your plan? At least, the Soviet should have La-7, Yak-9 and IL-10 in Battle of Berlin! And as premium planes, Yak-3 and La-9 & La-11 will be better, although La-9 & La-11 not service in 1945, but they are also famous fights and will very interesting if they are added in game.

^This is true...

Would be great to see La-5FN, La-7 when the Germans are porking up their fighters for B-17/24 interception...