curiousGamblerr

Il-2 Mission Planner | online flight planning tool | il2missionplanner.com

I've currently setup a campaign server and server control from coconuts campaign plugin and server control web access source code.  I was reading on his forum that he had mission planner implemented on his server.  Do you know how i could do that and how would i go about getting a website dedicated to my server similar to taw or coconut implementation of mission planner.

Ie

Il2missionplanner.com/#TAW

Cheers

@FlyingNutcase IIRC that's correctly, I don't think I ever added a total time. Seems like a silly omission in retrospect. Sorry about that!

@HairyBrenndog I think you're referring to the feature where the mission planner will automatically load a server's state, like this example for combat box: https://il2missionplanner.com/#combatbox?

The basic idea is your server needs to expose a piece of JSON, which you can update as often as you like (once at mission start, or periodically, up to you.) You give me an endpoint from which to grab the JSON and I can add a mapping from "#yourservername" to that endpoint, and the planner will go and grab the JSON when you load that URL. Continuing with the Combat Box example, their JSON is exposed here: https://static.combatbox.net/current-map.json. The format is specific to the mission planner, so you will need to create a script or some other mechanism to generate it from your mission state (I don't think coconut made this automatic with his server control but I might be wrong). 

It's a bit of a PITA and if I rewrote the planner I would implement this feature differently, but as it stands, that's the process. Let me know if you have questions.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, curiousGamblerr said:

You give me an endpoint from which to grab the JSON and I can add a mapping from "#yourservername" to that endpoint, and the planner will go and grab the JSON when you load that URL.

@HairyBrenndog The URL to use to get the JSON data with SCC is <serverurl>/campaign/<server instance name>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 2:03 AM, HairyBrenndog said:

@curiousGamblerr The endpoint for the json data is

http://clowns.hopto.org:8083/campaign/Krustys_Dungeon

#CLOWNSDynCampaign

to map from please.

Thanks again for this.

Cheers!

Cool! Sorry I just saw this now. I'm going away tomorrow morning for the weekend, but I will try to remember to get this in next week.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2020 at 7:54 PM, curiousGamblerr said:

I'm going away tomorrow morning for the weekend, but I will try to remember to get this in next week.

@curiousGambler, you've got a PM with the latest maptiles.
At least Rheinland had some changes on the map (new airfields)

Deci

Edited by JG4_Deciman

@HairyBrenndog and everyone else, I have some bad news unfortunately.

Long story short, for technical reasons, I am unable to make any changes to the mission planner at this time.

Long story long: When I set things up years ago, I used a tool called TravisCI to automate the process of taking my code from GitHub.com, packaging it up and deploying it to my cloud provider. The service was free for small-scale, open-source users like myself. About a year ago, TravisCI was purchased by another company, and promptly dumped most of their engineering team. Then, since I updated the maps last fall, they have redone their pricing model and completely broken the automation on which I've relied for ~4 years. Ostensibly I could get it back for like $70/month, which isn't going to happen

There are better, cheaper alternatives available, so the planner is not doomed forever, but the truth is I don't have the time now to rebuild that automation on another platform. That means that map, server and functionality updates are off the table for the foreseeable future. Frankly, this totally sucks and I'm sorry to you all. The news of TravisCI's changes was a big deal in the engineering community a few months ago, and I was afraid I would  be affected, and disappointed to see my fears come true.

In the meantime @HairyBrenndog your users can use the Import button on the bottom left of the planner screen to import your JSON themselves. I'm sorry I'm not able to set up the integration I promised at this time.

• Sad 3

I tried sending this in a PM, @curiousGamblerr, but your inbox must be full. So here it goes instead:

Hi,

I'm working on the next iteration of my dynamic campaign, and I wondered if you would allow me to use your tile sets of the maps hosted on il2missionplanner in my web client.

Don't be afraid to refuse, I would totally understand if you preferred I did not. Or let me know the conditions you would require, e.g. link to a donation site.

/ Coconut

@coconut Sorry my inbox is full! 

You have my full permission to use the tiles API for any of your projects! Serving those doesn't cost much so please don't feel obligated to make a donation (most of my costs are related to the "streaming" / mission sharing function- serving static assets is cheap). 

One caveat is I can't guarantee they will stay full up to date, but any of the assets at http://tiles.il2missionplanner.com/ or in https://github.com/gavincabbage/tiles.il2missionplanner.com are available to you!

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 5:18 AM, JG4_Deciman said:

@curiousGambler, you've got a PM with the latest maptiles.
At least Rheinland had some changes on the map (new airfields)

Deci

Can the tiles be extracted from the game files or did you create them manually? I started working on an alternative and more simple version of the mission planner optimized for mobile devices and would like to use the latest maptiles (noticed the missing airfields in Rheinland map).

50 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Banks said:

Can the tiles be extracted from the game files or did you create them manually? I started working on an alternative and more simple version of the mission planner optimized for mobile devices and would like to use the latest maptiles (noticed the missing airfields in Rheinland map).

Extracted from game

Deci

8 hours ago, JG4_Deciman said:

Extracted from game

Deci

With "created manually" I meant "created by taking screenshots". Where in the game files are the map images located and how can they be extracted?