curiousGamblerr

Il-2 Mission Planner | online flight planning tool | il2missionplanner.com

Looks like the map is down. Any chance of kicking it back up?

Edit: started working right after my post :)

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

not down but seems to take several tries to get it to load maps

thanks for great tool.!

Posted (edited)

Folks, a quick update on my situation:

Apologies for my absence and neglect of the mission planner over the last few months. The truth is, I haven't played this game since last summer, and as a result, have not been motivated to work on the planner. I debated cancelling the Patreon, but since the app still costs me about $20/month to operate, I have left it running and appreciate the contributors' support despite my neglect. They pay for about 75% of the costs at this point and truly appreciate it.

The reason I haven't played lately is twofold: First, I've been very busy since changing jobs and moving up to Boston, but second, my VKB Gunfighter version 1 stick broke as a result of lack of documentation around spring limitations. At this point, I miss simming enough to buy another $400 stick, but neither VKB nor Virpil sticks have been in stock. Contacting VKB support about this failure was met with silence. Despite this, I will likely buy a new VKB stick if they are ever back in stock. At that point, I will hopefully be motivated to work on the planner again, since I'll actually be able to play the game again.

Apologies if this seems selfish, but the reality is, it's hard to be motivated to work on an app for a game I don't play anymore. I also preordered BOBP and am yet to play with a single piece of that content. Looking forward to fixing my stick situation and getting into it.

Sorry if this isn't great news, but it is the truth. Given my hourly billing rate for freelance work, it is hard to justify working more on the planner for a loss until I'm back in the air and can actually use the thing myself. I still have close to 2,000 users per month, however, so I will not shut things down, don't worry.

Cheers, happy flights, and here's hoping stupid VKB will get their act together and take my money again soon 😂

Edit: As a final note, I do keep track of this thread in case of outages, but am yet to reproduce an outage whenever folks report them. Things seem to be working for me. Please continue posting if this is not the case, but if I cannot reproduce the issue, it is hard to correct. The more details the better, as I certainly want existing functionality to continue working, despite my lack of additional feature work.

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 19//curiousGamblerr said:

Folks, a quick update on my situation:

Apologies for my absence and neglect of the mission planner over the last few months. The truth is, I haven't played this game since last summer, and as a result, have not been motivated to work on the planner. I debated cancelling the Patreon, but since the app still costs me about $20/month to operate, I have left it running and appreciate the contributors' support despite my neglect. They pay for about 75% of the costs at this point and truly appreciate it.

The reason I haven't played lately is twofold: First, I've been very busy since changing jobs and moving up to Boston, but second, my VKB Gunfighter version 1 stick broke as a result of lack of documentation around spring limitations. At this point, I miss simming enough to buy another $400 stick, but neither VKB nor Virpil sticks have been in stock. Contacting VKB support about this failure was met with silence. Despite this, I will likely buy a new VKB stick if they are ever back in stock. At that point, I will hopefully be motivated to work on the planner again, since I'll actually be able to play the game again.

Apologies if this seems selfish, but the reality is, it's hard to be motivated to work on an app for a game I don't play anymore. I also preordered BOBP and am yet to play with a single piece of that content. Looking forward to fixing my stick situation and getting into it.

Sorry if this isn't great news, but it is the truth. Given my hourly billing rate for freelance work, it is hard to justify working more on the planner for a loss until I'm back in the air and can actually use the thing myself. I still have close to 2,000 users per month, however, so I will not shut things down, don't worry.

Cheers, happy flights, and here's hoping stupid VKB will get their act together and take my money again soon 😂

Edit: As a final note, I do keep track of this thread in case of outages, but am yet to reproduce an outage whenever folks report them. Things seem to be working for me. Please continue posting if this is not the case, but if I cannot reproduce the issue, it is hard to correct. The more details the better, as I certainly want existing functionality to continue working, despite my lack of additional feature work.

Dude! Add a donate button - we got you!

• Upvote 1