curiousGamblerr

Il-2 Mission Planner | online flight planning tool | il2missionplanner.com

Hi curious gamblerr,

A few bugs and remarks about the mission planner that I'm trying to use as a tactical map for campaign :

- All Random Expert blue icons are displayed as black. Only TAW icons are in the correct color.

- When using the "edit map" tool, if you move an icon and save the map, the moved icon will keep the pink dotted line around it. You have to click the icon and click okay in the pop up window to get rid of it.

- When editing a flight plan, it is possible to add a waypoint between two existing ones, but I didn't found a way to remove a waypoint. 

- It could be nice to implement something to draw simple lines, like for marking the frontline, or search sectors for reconnaissance.

- Is there a way to get some more precise zoom level ? A lot of time it is either too big or too small to take a good screenshot of the map and share in a briefing.

- I'd like to be able to download a big jpeg picture of the map (and in the perfect world, where you can choose the icon size in relationship with the map). That would also mitigate the need for the custom zoom level mentionned above.

- Now that Kuban hit the shelves, we are lacking port and ships icon.

Cheers mate !

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Thanks for the feedback Gruber! I will have to give your suggestions some thought.

I dropped in to the thread to make a small announcement: Kathon was kind enough to inform me that the Kuban map has changed a bit, so I need to update the map tiles. Unfortunately, I’m in the middle of an interstate move and a series of business trips, so all my gear has been packed for a while and I won’t have a chance to address  any of these bugs for at least a couple weeks.

I appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding and I’ll get to some fixes as soon as I’m able!

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

Gamblerr,

Do you mind checking the stream feature. I did not work for us last week. One of our pilots tried to connect and it kept getting stuck after pressing connect. They put the password but it would not load the plan. Maybe something on their end ... dunno

When I try to load the planner on my iPad the webpage is just a white background. Tried safari, chrome and puffin. Any ideas?

My iPad is pretty dated, ios 9 I think. 

Edited by Stamm_Der_Mann

Hello !

I found a missing town on Kuban map at 1218.

Here are the pics :

ocYgQV1.jpg

TeORept.jpg

I don't know if someone else reported it.

A tiny bug on a wonderful tool.

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted

4 hours ago, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

Hello !

Here are the pics :

ocYgQV1.jpg

This is an old version of the map. After the update it looks like this

2018_9_18__12_33_17.jpg

On 9/18/2018 at 3:40 AM, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

Hello !

Here are the pics :

ocYgQV1.jpg

TeORept.jpg

Thanks for the report! I'm aware of the issue, the map just got updated sometime in the past couple months, but haven't had a chance to fix it yet (I left a note above, basically just busy moving and changing jobs)

Anyway, I haven't been playing the game but a friend sent me the updated map tiles, so I will add them to the planner soon. Perhaps this weekend or the next.

Apologies for the delay but I haven't had much time to play the game or mess with the planner recently as a result of real life being busy (not to mention my Gunfighter acting up before I moved).

• Like 1

Mission Planner Web page is Off line all day. All mission planner maps unavailable.

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

23 hours ago, OBT-Carleo said:

Hello @19//curiousGamblerr, can you check your mp

Hey Carleo, sorry for blowing you off... ran into some broken stuff with the planner that prevented me from merging your PR but its fixed now and I've added your server:

https://il2missionplanner.com/#obt

https://api.il2missionplanner.com/servers/obt

Things are all over the place with that app, I really need to give it some love this winter. I haven't fixed the Kuban map yet but will get there!

You may have noticed it broke, but I fixed it.

One of the services is unstable lately, was the same cause as the last outage. Not sure what it's problem is after years of stability, but generally the whole planner needs some TLC. Some version upgrades and other things...

Someday I'll actually start playing this game again and put together il2missionplanner version 2, i swear :biggrin:

I'm just getting back into flying. I used to print out and manually calculate flight paths but this tool makes it all quick 'n easy and saves a tree or two in the process. Thank you! 🏅

I’ve fixed it. Sorry about that folks.

Same damn service keeps falling over every couple weeks, really bizarre after so long without issue but I still need to put in time to figure out the underlying issue.

Thanks for the reports all. I’m not flying at the moment so I often don’t realize if there’s a problem unless you guys tell me. It is appreciated!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for this service. This planner is indispensable!

If you ever find yourself with tons of free time, adding a wind drift compensation feature would be really sweet👍👍👍

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
bad punctuation
  • Upvote 2

Hey folks-

I don't normally like to talk about the money side of the planner, but I was recently looking at my Patreon dashboard and wanted to thank two members of the community for their contributions.

Stephen P. and Petter G. - Thank you both so much for your contributions over the past year. You have each paid for six months of server time for the planner, and I cannot thank you enough!

I've had a few beers here, and don't know the IL-2 usernames of these two individuals, but I wanted to thank them publicly for their support in the small way I am able 😁

Happy flights, folks!

• Like 2

I have a question or two, as well as a request. No doubt some of these questions have been asked before, so feel free to just direct me too the answer if you don't have time to spell it out again.

Have you spoken with the Developers at all about ways to get this implemented directly into the sim? This would be awesome to access directly on the map in game.

How may maps do you have in your program? I have only seen Stalingrad thus far. 

ATAG_SKUD asked about wind drift compensation. I think that would be a fantastic addition myself. Again; would be easy to automatically make that correction if this was made part of the simulation itself. (I assume anyway. Easy is a relative term I am sure.) 

I may use this tool in my next video on navigation. I was unaware of your tool till one of my subs told me about it after my last video on the E6B:     

Edited by I-Fly-Central

41 minutes ago, I-Fly-Central said:

How may maps do you have in your program? I have only seen Stalingrad thus far. 

Click on the gear icon at the lower right and you can choose the map you want.

5 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Click on the gear icon at the lower right and you can choose the map you want.

Thanks. Didn't see that. I see there are instructions there as well under the gear.

1 minute ago, I-Fly-Central said:

Thanks. Didn't see that. I see there are instructions there as well under the gear.

You're welcome IFC. Thanks for the videos by the way. I enjoy them very much.

• Upvote 1

Hi, probably stupid question and was answered but I just could not find the info.

How do you make a map and get a link that others can use that displays the current mission on a server ? I guess you put down all the icons as in the mission then share it somehow?

I would like to make a map similar to TAW or the Finnish or Cockout's servers have.

How do you do that ?

thx and excuse my stupidity if this is something trivial 😄

Yes you can have one user host and others view. 

Whoever is going to host has to start a new stream. Lower left corner icon above the trash can. They name and give stream a password. Then have the others click the same button and connect to stream. 

Sometimes I have issues when the main person makes a change to the flight plan and the viewer has to drop and rejoin to view the changes. 

10 hours ago, =AVG77=Donkeyslaughter said:

Yes you can have one user host and others view. 

Whoever is going to host has to start a new stream. Lower left corner icon above the trash can. They name and give stream a password. Then have the others click the same button and connect to stream. 

Sometimes I have issues when the main person makes a change to the flight plan and the viewer has to drop and rejoin to view the changes. 

No no, I'm not talking about streaming. I'm talking about a mission map for the server , what TAW or the Finnish or Cockout's servers have.