Photo

Il-2 Mission Planner | online flight planning tool | il2missionplanner.com

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#161 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 14 September 2017 - 20:49

I get the following when I go to the mission planner

Bizarre. Seems to work for me now, maybe AWS was having issues.

Anyone still seeing that error?

PS: Thanks as always for the report!

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr, 14 September 2017 - 20:50.

#162 216th_Retnek

216th_Retnek
  • Founder

Posted 15 September 2017 - 19:01

Yes, seen that report yesterday, too, around 21:30 GMT+2. Tried it several times for about 10 min, no success. Today at 10:00 everything was fine.

Edited by 216th_Retnek, 15 September 2017 - 19:02.

"Those admiring my 275 shoot-downs know nothing about war. They do not know what it implies for a whole live to kill in young years just not to be killed. They do not know the shame and the sorrow. War is not the continuation of politics by other means. It is an infamy. It is the total bankruptcy of political operations. With my generation fading away in some capitals of the world this insight seems to fade away, too." (Günter Rall)

#163 TG-55Panthercules

TG-55Panthercules
  • Founder

Posted 16 September 2017 - 20:17

I may be missing something, as I'm new to playing around with this tool, but is there some way to remove the labels on each leg of a flight?  I'd like to be able simply to show the lines on the map for the planned legs, without also showing the other info (speed, distance, headings, time) - that info could be very helpful for some mission types, but lots of what I do are fairly short and close-ranged ground attack missions for which all I really need to know can be discerned just from the lines on the map.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz (Corsair H75 liquid cooler); 16GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz)
EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2, 11 GB; ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code MB; Realtek ROG SupremeFX audio
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; Oculus Rift (CV1); Logitech Force 3D Pro; Saitek Rudder Pedals and Throttle Quadrants

#164 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:02

Hey Panthercules,

First of all, thanks a bunch for contributing to the Patreon. Means a lot!  :salute:

Second, no, unfortunately there is no way to hide the labels at this time. That shouldn't be too hard for me to add sometime tho.

The first thing on my list next time I work on the planner is to fix the download button, but after that I could probably make an option to hide labels pretty easily.

Thanks again!

#165 TG-55Panthercules

TG-55Panthercules
  • Founder

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:42

Glad to do it - this has been a real find for me, and being able to get it working in VR (via OVRDrop) was a real bonus.  While you're thinking about maybe having an option to remove the labels, it would be good to be able to selectively do that on some legs and not others - they can be useful on the main leg for example but having several overlapping labels on the shorter legs has proven to be a problem in VR since you pretty much have to choose the zoom level at the beginning and have limited options about how big you can zoom in (to eliminate the overlaps) while still seeing all the map you need to see.  That will be less of an issue if I can figure out whether OVRDrop has a way to let you actually play around with the map screen while in-game, but so far no luck with that.

Also, another "nice to have" would be the ability to just free-hand some lines on the map without having them tied to any computations (for example, would be nice to be able to mark the front lines, and maybe wind direction/speed, on the map).

At any rate, this is a very cool tool and I appreciate you making it available.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules, 18 September 2017 - 18:43.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz (Corsair H75 liquid cooler); 16GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz)
EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2, 11 GB; ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code MB; Realtek ROG SupremeFX audio
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; Oculus Rift (CV1); Logitech Force 3D Pro; Saitek Rudder Pedals and Throttle Quadrants

#166 [TWB]ChappySinclair-

[TWB]ChappySinclair-
  • Founder

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:25

Just started using this tool, and man, I wanted to stay hating you for shooting me down awhile back, but I just can't quit you now.

This thing is invaluable.  Thank you!

You should never fly lower than the target you're strafing. - Moach

Spoiler

#167 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 23 September 2017 - 18:54

Thanks for the kind words 80hd, and also the generous Patreon pledge! Glad you're getting good use out of the tool  :salute:

#168 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 23 September 2017 - 21:58

Okay I think I fixed the download button. It downloads a normal file now. Also fixed some zoom issues.

The method I used won't work on Internet Explorer, but should work on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop browsers.

I'll hopefully make it prompt for a name, but I made some progress today and figured I'd release what I've got so far since many have asked about fixing this.

As always, if you don't notice the change please refresh your browser, and let me know if you find any bugs.

Still need to test on iPad after Axel's bug report, haven't had a chance yet.

#169 56RAF_Roblex

56RAF_Roblex

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:46

Maybe I am missing something but if by 'Save' you mean 'Export' then it does not work for me on Chrome.  I have refreshed the page, I have closed down the browser and restarted.  I just get the usual blank web page when I ask to export.

It does work with Opera.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex, 24 September 2017 - 08:53.

Diary Of A HopelessPilot Officer - http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/    

56thmi11.jpg56th GvIAP 'Firebirds' 

BoM, BoS, BoK, La-5, La-5FN, P-40, Spitfire, Yak-1B, HS-129

#170 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:30

It shouldn't open a blank page anymore, it should just download a file. If it's still opening a new blank tab, I don't think you have a latest version. Chrome is annoyingly "helpful" about caching pages so try a forced refresh. I think that's Cmd+R on OSX and Shift+F5 on Windows I think. This should bypass the cache, something a regular refresh doesn't always do.

Let me know if the issue persists!

#171 2./JG51_Hobo

2./JG51_Hobo

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:38

IDK If it's been mentioned but I get a bug when I am making a flight plan, If I set a waypoint and change the zoom before setting another/final waypoint the interface crashes and I have to reload the website.

Edit: Also I think it happens when I am creating waypoints and accidentally click on another target/waypoint (to edit) by accident.

Edited by 2./JG51_Hobo, 24 September 2017 - 12:39.

#172 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 September 2017 - 13:25

IDK If it's been mentioned but I get a bug when I am making a flight plan, If I set a waypoint and change the zoom before setting another/final waypoint the interface crashes and I have to reload the website.

Edit: Also I think it happens when I am creating waypoints and accidentally click on another target/waypoint (to edit) by accident.

Thanks for the report Hobo, I'll try to recreate that. What browser and operating system? And about how long have you seen this bug?

#173 I./ZG15_Axel

I./ZG15_Axel
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 13:29

Axel,

My apologies but I'm sitting here at a bar on Friday night and remembered I totally forgot to check the planner on iPad this week. I'm sorry.

I will try to remember to do some debugging when I'm back at work Monday, Hopefully missing the Kuban map isn't too big of a deal so far. Still perplexed what might have caused this bug on iPad with the addition of that map.

Have you had time to look into that issue? Just curious.

#174 56RAF_Roblex

56RAF_Roblex

Posted 24 September 2017 - 13:57

It shouldn't open a blank page anymore, it should just download a file. If it's still opening a new blank tab, I don't think you have a latest version. Chrome is annoyingly "helpful" about caching pages so try a forced refresh. I think that's Cmd+R on OSX and Shift+F5 on Windows I think. This should bypass the cache, something a regular refresh doesn't always do.

Let me know if the issue persists!

Yes that worked.  Thanks for great bit of software. Saving was the one thing that needed fixing for me.

Diary Of A HopelessPilot Officer - http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/    

56thmi11.jpg56th GvIAP 'Firebirds' 

BoM, BoS, BoK, La-5, La-5FN, P-40, Spitfire, Yak-1B, HS-129

#175 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 September 2017 - 14:07

Yes that worked.  Thanks for great bit of software. Saving was the one thing that needed fixing for me.

Glad to hear that!  :wacko:

Have you had time to look into that issue? Just curious.

I haven't had a chance to test with a real iPad, but I've been thinking about it and checking some things but nothing conclusive yet. I promise I haven't forgotten and will find time at work to test with a real iPad soon.

I had one question- when you say the screen stays white, do the buttons come up and its just the map tiles missing? Or is everything missing? Just wondering because I'm seeing a problem loading the tiles on Firefox on OSX.

It doesn't like the certificate on my tiles CDN, but other browsers on OSX and Firefox on other operating systems are not giving me a problem so I'm not sure if its specific to this computer or what. If anyone has a chance to test the planner on Firefox on OSX and can let me know if the tiles load, it would be appreciated! Cmd+R to refresh. Thanks!

I tested a few browser and OS combinations and the only one that had a problem was Safari OSX. It works if I click the zoom in/out buttons, but using two fingers on the trackpad zooms the entire page, instead of integrating with the apps zoom function (two finger zoom works on Chrome, however).

Anyway, if you could provide your browser and operating system, that would be the next step for me to debug! Thanks again.

#176 I./ZG15_Axel

I./ZG15_Axel
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 15:27

Glad to hear that!  :wacko:

I haven't had a chance to test with a real iPad, but I've been thinking about it and checking some things but nothing conclusive yet. I promise I haven't forgotten and will find time at work to test with a real iPad soon.

I had one question- when you say the screen stays white, do the buttons come up and its just the map tiles missing? Or is everything missing? Just wondering because I'm seeing a problem loading the tiles on Firefox on OSX.

Everything is missing. I've tested with Safari, Chrome & Firefox. OS is iOS 9.3.5

#177 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 September 2017 - 15:35

Everything is missing. ...

Okay, so its not related to the Firefox thing I was seeing. I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to test on an iPad, sorry for the delay.

#178 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 05 October 2017 - 19:12

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've just checked with my IPHONE (6s) and Chrome and there it works fine.

The have different iOS versions istalled.

IPHONE: 10.3.3

IPAD: 9.3.5 (latest SW)

Safari is also working fine with your tool on the IPHONE but not on the IPAD.

I've cleared now the different browser-caches several times, but without success.

I've tried Firefox as well, same issue.

Looks like a specific IPAD problem.

Strange, it has worked for month. :unsure:

Hey Axel,

I finally got to check this out on an iPad at work and everything worked, so I am a bit confused. I'll have to spend some time checking all the versions match, but it seemed to work fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari on OSX. Interestingly, the iPad I used was on iOS 11.x.x, which is very different from 9.x.x you mentioned. Are you sure that's the latest version available to you?

I'll try to dig in some more, but since I can't recreate the bug yet its tricky to solve!

#179 I./ZG15_Axel

I./ZG15_Axel
  • Founder

Posted 05 October 2017 - 21:17

Hey Axel,

I finally got to check this out on an iPad at work and everything worked, so I am a bit confused. I'll have to spend some time checking all the versions match, but it seemed to work fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari on OSX. Interestingly, the iPad I used was on iOS 11.x.x, which is very different from 9.x.x you mentioned. Are you sure that's the latest version available to you?

I'll try to dig in some more, but since I can't recreate the bug yet its tricky to solve!

Thank you for your assistance.

My iPad is from third generation (early 2012) and the latest supported iOS version is 9.3.5.

Looks like a very exotic bug.

Please don't waste your precious time.

I'll try to find another solution for myself.

#180 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 05 October 2017 - 22:47

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to find an iPad that old to test on, sorry!

You could do some debugging on your own, if you're willing to get a bit technical. Basically, there is probably some error in the javascript console that could point me towards the problem. Here are some instructions that I pulled from stack overflow, I've done this before but I forget the exact steps, but this sounds right, though it only works if you have some sort of Apple computer. You might be able to find instructions to do this from Windows.

On the ipad go to Settings > Safari > Developer and activate the debug console.

Connect your ipad with your computer.

On your computer open Safari, enable the developer tools in the settings. check the above menu for the tab Developer and find your iPad there.

Full control via console from your desktop machine over the iOS Safari and you're done!

PS: This works exact the same way with the iPhone as well..

Source: https://stackoverflo...lopment-toolbar

Sorry Axel, I hate to leave you hangin! I'll leave the dev2 version of the site up just for you  :salute:

#181 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 24 November 2017 - 19:39

Gambler,

I'm getting error "NOSCRIPT No matching script. Please use EVAL." when trying to stream a mission that was imported into the planner. Just to let you know

Cheers

Up2H3he.png

#182 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 November 2017 - 22:11

Gambler,

I'm getting error "NOSCRIPT No matching script. Please use EVAL." when trying to stream a mission that was imported into the planner. Just to let you know

Cheers

Aw damn, Redis must've restarted for some reason and I need to reload some Lua scripts. Relatively quick fix, but the problem is the private key to log into that server is on a machine 600 miles away since I'm out of town for the holiday :/

I get back late tomorrow so unfortunately I probably won't be able to fix it until Sunday. In the meantime, exporting a mission and emailing it to a friend for import should work in a pinch, tho that's obviously so inconvenient it's not worth it for something like TAW.

Thanks for the heads up Riksen. Much appreciated. It occurs to me I should be able to add the script loading to service definition so it reloads them automatically in case of a crash and restart, so I'll make that improvement while I'm at it Sunday.

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr, 24 November 2017 - 22:12.

#183 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 24 November 2017 - 23:12

No problems at all Gambler. Thxs for your work and enjoy the holiday!

Cheers

Up2H3he.png

#184 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 26 November 2017 - 00:11

Fixed!

Thanks again Riksen for the report. I'm a slouch on automated monitoring and testing with this app so user reports of outages and bugs are very helpful!

I didn't make the addition to load the scripts on restart yet, will do that tomorrow. Should make it more resilient in the future.

#185 SvAF/F16_Petter

SvAF/F16_Petter
  • Founder

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:56

Hello again!

I have been using this tool/app and find it very useful.

However, as I have been using it more and more I have a wishlist of future features!

(you can always dream, right?)

The tool is so useful and accurate that I spend less time actually looking at the map. All I do is take notes on the waypoint with the data and place my waypoints on trustworthy reference points and then actually writes that down on a piece of paper. In fact, I have been using it when the winds are not too strong.. and I find that the time over target/waypoint is extremely accurate, in fact so accurate that one thinks u could almost bomb in the blind or at night and maybe even hit some larger targets! In any case, what I mean here is that I use the map less and less...and rely more on my notes and the data from the planner. So my question is this:

#1. Would it be possible to implement a "flight plan summary" that takes all the waypoints that you have set up with  HDG / RHDG / SPD / TIME / NOTES fields?  And summarizes them in separate window? (that might be printed easily) In this would also be all your waypoints and their speed, duration for each waypoint, distance and a totalizer for the whole leg. It would get the data from notes from flight and perhaps each waypoint could have a notes data field or properties field.

#2.Wind calculator / or at least visulizer  Would it be possible to include some kind of wind composant tool that takes the wind in calculation?

Maybe its been asked before, idk. If too advanced, maybe something simple that shows up on #1. So it would be in your list if you print it out?

#3. Whenever I am in the map, I find myself sometimes wanting just to check the heading or bearing from some point to another, not always due to making a flight plan. 

Could it be possible to have a distance/bearing plotter button that just gives the heading directly and distance on the map? so you dont have to make a new flight and save a set of waypoint just to get it?

A very simple button or hotkey that turns the cursor into a plotter?

Edit: something like this! try for yourself

https://developers.g...ometry-headings

And as a final one...and a bonus Idea for christmas....

Could it be possible to either add circles with different radiuses in the map, or.... have the turns between waypoints not to be so sharp but rather to have a user defined radius?

Let me explain this...When flying a bomber and turning with the bombsight, It would be awesome if you could have the speed/radius of turn to be implemented in planner. 

Maybe as an option for waypoint properties etc.

What I do today to overcome this is that I create a several flights that essentially are one flight but the waypoints are split up and has some openings where I add the radius separately to make it more accurate to get the perfect lineup. It´s mostly used on ingress and egress from bombing runs. OFC I can turn off the bombsight and turn in fully manually, but that usually needs me to reallign the new data into the bombsight as i for sure have either lost altitude or gained.

Finally, I wnat to thank you for this great tool!
I´ll be sure to place a donation when I get back home later today.

Edit: Donation placed. There does not go a day without me using this tool, some $ is the least I can do!

Edited by SvAF/F16_Petter, 30 November 2017 - 02:22.

svaf_logo_50.jpg

#186 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 05 December 2017 - 22:46

Hey there- thanks so much for the generous Patreon pledge and kind words about the planner! I'm glad you're getting good use out of it.

Great suggestions too- many of them are already on my todo list, like the summary and wind calculations. Of course, I've been talking about wind calculations for a year now and haven't found the time unfortunately, but I hope to get to some of those ideas eventually!

Thanks again!

#187 SvAF/F16_Petter

SvAF/F16_Petter
  • Founder

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:40

Hey there- thanks so much for the generous Patreon pledge and kind words about the planner! I'm glad you're getting good use out of it.

Great suggestions too- many of them are already on my todo list, like the summary and wind calculations. Of course, I've been talking about wind calculations for a year now and haven't found the time unfortunately, but I hope to get to some of those ideas eventually!

Thanks again!

Great to hear!

The wind calculation is a nice to have, but I dont find it extremely important.

I feel your planner is like a new "mini game" that comes into IL2. It has added value to the community and I would be sorry to see it go.

The donation is just a very very easy way for me to show my appreciation of the work you have put in all this!

Before your planner, I didnt really get the grip of how much winds actually can have your aircraft to drift off.

If I could choose, I rather have a wind marker with direction and strength that could be placed and moved on the map.

In that way, I would have to use my skills and offset the path to counter for the wind!

Maybe i´m off limits here, but I personally would like to see a balance with your tool not making all too much of the work "automated"

I´d like to keep it somewhat that way.. so we dont get a

"press-one-button-and-all does-itself-I-get-a-coffe-and-plane-will-do-everything-because-your-planner-is-awesome-mode"

To sum it up:

If you provide us the means or the tools, we would be happy to use them!

Anyway, It might be just me. Maybe the most of you guys want everything calculated for you  :)

Here is a new suggestion!

When you are using the map and creating flights that reach the areas that are near the ends of the map, it´s annoying that the map cannot be pushed furhter into the middle...and you get pushed back when trying to see whats going on on the edges. Sure, you can zoom in.. but it´s just like that scratch in your windshield...annoying.

When you are using the tools and want to plan accordingly, you normaly like to have things centred as you go.

Now my idea is.. that if its possible (i know here comes the tricky part)... if its possible to add some kind of background that the map is placed on that extends further out to the edges... in this way.. you could perhaps have the edge of the map almost in the centre of the screen and be able to work with it.

I know this might be tricky, as the resolution of the map would perhaps need to be changed or something, but im thinking there must be some kind of smart way to do this without eating more resources.. 

Edited by SvAF/F16_Petter, 07 December 2017 - 09:28.

svaf_logo_50.jpg

#188 WWSitttingDuck

WWSitttingDuck

Posted Yesterday, 13:49

Great tool. Thank you very much

Saw the request to hide labels, was wondering if could be possible to move labels.  Headings and marker labels are always overlapping on my maps.

But again, great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users