smink1701

Update 1.201 First Impressions

I won't be able to download for a few days so if you could let me know what I'm missing I would really appreciate it. I salute you!

I tried QM with several aircraft.  All seemed well except one thing.  In a head to head pass, the game hesitated consistently for about 1 second during the pass.  Can anyone else confirm this?

In a head to head pass, the game hesitated consistently for about 1 second during the pass.  Can anyone else confirm this?

I notice a 1 second hesitate

..Just as I am off to sun and beaches far away from my gaming comp... Oh well, can't complain. Keep me entertained with first impressions please!

First impressions? I'm incredibly rusty after almost no IL-2 BoS for the last few months - which probably makes my impression that the Ju 88 lacks directional stability open to question. Other than that, the Moscow map is a real treat. As much as I'd like to be able to fly over the city itself, I think that a distant view of a realistic city is preferable to a poor representation close up. And there are some nice details you can fly over...

....Or through. It had to be done...

2016_3_31__20_18_44_zpsdb3mre4h.jpg

2016_3_31__20_18_18_zpssltz1lpd.jpg

• Upvote 3

First impression is good.

The map is beautiful both up close and from altitude, there is very little, if any, shimmering or texture rendering issues and the scenery has a distictly more "organic" and less generic feel to it, I think mostly due to the more elaborate design.  

The campaign has just come online for me and runs with no problems (sooo much fun toying around with the AI Messers in the I-16) time for another stretch of grinding (which doesn't really bother me, I've always had fun with the campaign)

I haven't noticed much of a performance enhancement from 64bit, though with a 4 year old system, I wouldn't expect much anyway. Overall the impact of many AIs on the screen seems smaller. Like others I experience a small lag spike (like 0.25 seconds) when I pass a formation of aircraft, but I've always had that issue, and it actually seems less noticable now. Also: So far I haven't noticed a single skin pop-up or flickering, though I might just be so accustomed to it, that I just don't notice anymore.

The Ju 88 is very nicely modeled, both internally and externally. There isn't really too much to say about her, she handles fine and her climb rate seems good for a bomber but coming from the Pe-2 not spectacular. One thing bothers me: I can't for the life of me take off in the Junkers. No matter how slowly I apply throttle and how careful I am with the rudder, she just veers to the right and spins like a top once I get above around 70% throttle.

On to test the Fw 190 Fm changes.

works like always for me. what version do you use?

First impressions? I'm incredibly rusty after almost no IL-2 BoS for the last few months - which probably makes my impression that the Ju 88 lacks directional stability open to question. Other than that, the Moscow map is a real treat. As much as I'd like to be able to fly over the city itself, I think that a distant view of a realistic city is preferable to a poor representation close up. And there are some nice details you can fly over...

haha, great I did exactly the same with the Mig in the sunrise! Also took screenshots but didn't upload them :biggrin::salute:

I GOT IT!
In startup.cfg
If you had set the "old trackir" at 1, set it back to 0, and it should work!

[KEY = input]
input_map = "input.map"
mouse_plane_control = 0
old_trackir = 0
Edited by NN_RugbyGoth

And they chose to include relevant BoS planes in the campaign, very nice :good:

So far, I have seen Bf 109F4s, He 111s, Ju 87s (standing in for the B2 I presume) but no G2 or Fw 190s (which wouldn't fit)

This gives great variety in missions, though it still bugs me, that the mission generator treats the Stukas as "attack aircraft" and have them fly at tree top altitude.

post-13181-0-17132000-1459461178_thumb.jpg post-13181-0-97845600-1459461198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

One thing bothers me: I can't for the life of me take off in the Junkers. No matter how slowly I apply throttle and how careful I am with the rudder, she just veers to the right and spins like a top once I get above around 70% throttle.

Apply increase of rpm and MP simultanously.

Apply increase of rpm and MP simultanously.

Playing it on "normal" for the campaign.

You can disable the rpm and throttle limiter by pressing Shift+M and Shift+N. (This also works for radiators, Shift+R)

Edited by Herr_Istruba

Has anyone tried to restart their computer since downloading the new version?  I downloaded, and tried out a quick flight (it seemed much smoother).  Then I had to run an errand and when I came back and restarted my computer I get a disk error hit control alt delete to restart.  When I do that a get a black screen with a blinking cursor.  Windows (7) wont boot anymore.  It could be a weird coincidence so I thought I'd ask if I was the only one who had this problem

Has anyone tried to restart their computer since downloading the new version?  I downloaded, and tried out a quick flight (it seemed much smoother).  Then I had to run an errand and when I came back and restarted my computer I get a disk error hit control alt delete to restart.  When I do that a get a black screen with a blinking cursor.  Windows (7) wont boot anymore.  It could be a weird coincidence so I thought I'd ask if I was the only one who had this problem

Restarted couple of times after the patch and no problem here.

Thats strange. I find Ju-88 easy to take off, just slam throttle to 100%, no need to use much rudder. And that is on expert.

You can disable the rpm and throttle limiter by pressing Shift+M and Shift+N. (This also works for radiators, Shift+R)

I know, but surely it should be posible to take off with the automated CEM?

Sweetfx is not working anymore ?!

+1  not working for me and it seems to have reset all my settings for keyboard and joystick assignments

also one of my first things to try.. but off course in the Ju-88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmSvEv2mH4k

• Upvote 2

+1  not working for me and it seems to have reset all my settings for keyboard and joystick assignments

I try to find another solution, i need sweetfx  :rolleyes:

Edited by Avyx

@Lol Dr. Z. :lol:   No prop damage model on the Ju-88 yet.  Time for some fun with the beta! :salute:

No conflict with SweetFX here but I need to check some game settings. The help icons have been the-activated.

Edit: My mistake. SweetFX is not working. That is the difference between 32 and 64 bit. Will have to reload.

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

My map (O) is really laggy. Everything else is great. Things feel snappier, like the menus as well as changing external cameras.

I don`t have Moscow yet. But ran a campaign mission on full settings at a high res. It `feel`s smoother, no jumps at odd times, so maybe that 64 bit is helping.

No conflict with SweetFX here but I need to check some game settings. The help icons have been the-activated.

Which SweetFX version do you use ?

Are you using differential brakes at the beginning of take off run ? With crosswind and gust it is necessary, otherwise it should be no problem in normal mode. I need less rudder, than on other aircraft.

Edited by Quax

First impressions are very good. The Moscow map looks very nice, but the large amounts of forest make navigation more difficult. Performance seems better, but i have to test some more. The Ju-88 flies like a dream compared to the Heinkel. Very smooth and nice all-round view. 

The BOM aircraft unlocks are a bit annoying. I hope the activate buttons comes fast.

Grt M 

I use full realism for engine management (Only warmed up engine).

But I have a CH-Throttle quadrant, so steering with differential throttle is relative easy.

FinnJ

Which SweetFX version do you use ?

SweetFX 2.0 with Reshade works perfect ----> http://reshade.me/sweetfx

Warning it is not the same install how older SweetFX Version worked before! Now you need to put all files into "\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game"!

Rename ReShade64.dll and ReShade.fx to d3d9.dll and d3d9.fx. Is this done go to SweetFX\Global_settings.txt open it and search for #define ReShade_ToggleKey  and

#define ReShade_DepthToggleKey you need here add a number which button you use to enable or to disable the effects! For example I added there the number 145 this number stay for the [scroll Lock Button] where I enable and disable SweetFX

I use full realism for engine management (Only warmed up engine).

But I have a CH-Throttle quadrant, so steering with differential throttle is relative easy.

FinnJ

Never really tried taking off with normal settings yet. But pulling back on the stick until you pick some speed, along with some rudder and dif braking work makes it for a nice take off! Similar to the 190, except that you dont have a tail wheel lock.