Han

Game version 1.201 discussion: Moscow Map and Campaign Open Beta, Ju-88, 64-bit

Just a small Q: how come the unlocks are back? to stay or temporary?

Sorry if it's been answered but I can't find it and atm haven't the time to plough posts.

Just a small Q: how come the unlocks are back? to stay or temporary?

Sorry if it's been answered but I can't find it and atm haven't the time to plough posts.

till the official release...which we have no date for. so it's just waiting and hoping that it's fast

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Yep there was a massive 'crash' the other night on WingsofL by someone trying to divebomb, or perhaps it was an intentional kamikaze...

Mmmm I wondered what all that "troll lolololololol" that was typed in chat by said Kamikaze was all about?

Wasn't exactly a suicide attack.
Really? Troll lolololololol?

Great update BTW Devs :salute:

Hi again,

Thanks for the info about unlocks, missed Jason's post completely.

One little thing, I have the feeling that the planes are extremely unstable now.

Wobbly and very sensitive on control input and that they have lost all mass and inertia!

I only fly German birds so how the Russian one feels I don't know. Any one else have the same feeling as me?

Edited by MA_Goblin

Hi again, another little thing, I have the feeling that the planes are extremely unstable now. Wobbly and very sensitive on control input and that they have lost all mass and inertia!

I only fly German birds so how the Russian one feels I don't know. Any one else have the same feeling as me?

Shortly, no.

Only Fw-190 FM was changed at some parts, I think all others stayed the same. Maybe your control settings was changed when updated if you use curves for example.

Shortly, no.

Only Fw-190 FM was changed at some parts, I think all others stayed the same. Maybe your control settings was changed when updated if you use curves for example.

Perhaps, I did reset the settings and started over again but to me it still fells as the response to controls are to fierce and abrupt.

I installed the new game version and when I started the game, the sign in page freezed and could not select the Entry botton. Tried three times restarting PC, but the issue did not change.

Can anyone help? 

Performance is much better overall, but when the map is open it really takes a hit. When you leave the map everything is fine.

I dont know if it's only in the campaign since there are a lot of icons that need to be loaded into the map, but this didnt happen before that and the small icons were introduced a while back.

Anyone else having the sams issue??

Edited by Jade_Monkey

1) Owners of IL-2: Battle of Moscow Premium Edition can get access to aircraft modifications now here https://il2sturmovik.com/account/

1) Use button "Activate unlocks BoM":

Untitled-1.jpg

2) Then press "Activate unlocks":

Untitled-2.jpg

3) Run or restart game.

Owners of Premium accounts can activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition. Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button. Note that this button doesn’t activate unlockable plane skins which remain obtainable through the Campaign.

Owners of the Standard Edition have an opportunity to unlock aircraft modifications through the gameplay process.

2) Dear pilots, we released the hotfix 1.201b.

1. Wind can be heard in the cockpit again;

2. Ju-88 propellers can be damaged;
3. Ju-88: it's no longer possible to fire invisible turret MGs after ditching the cockpit;
4. AI controlled MiG-3 planes should no longer wobble while flying in formation;
5. Texture cache has been increased thanks to 64-bit executable (skins should switch less frequently while viewing different objects);
6. Bomb/rocket release handles on Soviet planes won't do a full turn instead of normal one (happened in some cases).

3) The design of the page with Campaign statistics has been updated http://il2sturmovik....stats/campaign/

4) 1.201c hotfix

1. Joystick axes with low update rate will properly return to default position (for example, twist axis on some joystick models);
2. Morning fog now disappears earlier and evening fog appears later;
3. Hits to wing base of I-16 type 24, both IL-2, Ju 87 D-3, La-5, LaGG-3, MC.202 ser. VIII, MiG-3, P-40E-1, Yak-1, Bf 109 F-2, Bf 109 F-4 and Bf 109 G-2 may cause wing loss;
4. Aircraft debris now disappears relative to debris size (larger pieces disappear later);
5. Engines with glow plug will stop after turning them off earlier, but will still work for some time);
6. AI Ju-88 bombers added to Battle of Moscow campaign;
7. I-16 skin #5 now has red spinner;
8. Wind sounds corrected in some cockpits (for example, it was inaudible in Yak cockpit from the right);
9. 22 additional static objects added for scenario creators.
  • Upvote 14

Wonderful update devs.  Way above expectations.  My somewhat older system seems to run it smoother, even in mp.  Haven't had time to explore the new maps and/or the Ju-88.  All in good time.

Only had one issue in QM where head on passes and/or close aircraft encounters result in a hesitation of about one second.  It is not every time but fairly consistent. 

Also received an invisible plane message which I reported.

Thanks!

Owners of IL-2: Battle of Moscow Premium Edition can get access to aircraft modifications now here https://il2sturmovik.com/account/.

Use button "Activate unlocks BoM".

Owners of Premium accounts can activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button. Note that this button doesn’t activate unlockable plane skins which remain obtainable through the Campaign.

Owners of the Standard Edition have an opportunity to unlock aircraft modifications through the gameplay process.

thank the gaming gods! (gaming gods = 1CGS and 777)

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Anyone put a shed load of aircraft into the sky yet to see what effect is encountered with the updated 64 bit?

Is 109 wobble fixed? I thought that was to be in this patch or am I just behind the times.

Amazing stuff regardless of that.

von Tom

Yes this is the one I am waiting for as well. The "jumpy behaviour" as they called it.

Very impressive list never the less but I cant get back into the game until the "jumpy behaviour" is fixed.

As a real life pilot (currently B737) with over 6000h and something like 50a/c types behind me, I have never encountered this jumpy behaviour in real life.

first of all...what jumpy behavior...and second, are you judging the behavior of a single engine prop plane weighing in at 3 tons from flying a B737, a twin engine jet passenger liner weighing in at 52 to 85 tons(depending on classic or next generation)?

i'm confused

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Yes this is the one I am waiting for as well. The "jumpy behaviour" as they called it.

Very impressive list never the less but I cant get back into the game until the "jumpy behaviour" is fixed.

As a real life pilot (currently B737) with over 6000h and something like 50a/c types behind me, I have never encountered this jumpy behaviour in real life.

Have you tried fiddling with sensitivity curves and other input, just yo see if it felt better?

Everyone who have game stability issues - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow this link:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21111-finding-cause-random-crash-issue-special-thread-1/?p=334167

Also, haven't you some kind of RIVA tuner or afterburner? Try to turn them off then.

I think that Track IR is either causing crashes or possibly conflicting with IL2 some how

Big compliment to the devs. All running into the right direction. JU88 is a blast to fly and i only had one crash yesterday:) After hours of playtime.

Am excited to get to fly this evening again.

Loving the new map and campaign. Something that I don't know if is related here(sorry if not) is the Pilot Level-Accuracy of the AAA, that somehow is little annoying. My poor IL2 is just an easy prey for those fellas with accuracy corrector.

I find the game also smoother than before. GJ

Regards,

Drama levels will be reduced by 90% :D

The drama increase if someone click on this special button and nothing happen so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button ! :biggrin:

Thanks for the unlocks!!!

Drama levels will be reduced by 90% :D

More like 110% :D

Btw devs, it seems that Bf-110 can't do ground attack missions in campaign like other fighters. Is this correct?

I mean there is no lock picture in ground attack mission selection for Bf-110. IIRC, it means that after certain number of fighter missions you can fly ground attack.

I think that Track IR is either causing crashes or possibly conflicting with IL2 some how

This is interesting, since I experienced no issues during testing with my Track IR. I dont have the latest software for Track IR but still, it was working perfectly fine for me. 

I guess I will have to give it a try after weekend, as currently I'm away from my flying stuff. 

More like 110% :D

Btw devs, it seems that Bf-110 can't do ground attack missions in campaign like other fighters. Is this correct?

I mean there is no lock picture in ground attack mission selection for Bf-110. IIRC, it means that after certain number of fighter missions you can fly ground attack.

Havent tested it yet, but you probably need to unlock bombs first.

the 110 always has 250kg bombs

Hmm i did a campaign mission with everything locked and i thought i could only do guns.

I might have missed it then.

this update is an amazing step in the development of the IL-2 series. only thing missing now is the 88 template so we can have all the amazing custom skins :)

I installed the new game version and when I started the game, the sign in page freezed and could not select the Entry botton. Tried three times restarting PC, but the issue did not change.

Can anyone help? 

Same problem here...

Edited by BSCH0g4ns

Can anyone help? 

Hi,

perhaps you have a security suit running blocking the game exe from connecting with a server.

I had this problem in one of the last updates. Had to create a custom rule for the EXE.

Check your virus protection, if it is blocking IL2.

i hope, this helps.

cheers

Edited by touchdown42

Campaing is very buggy. First mission with Ju-88 my sole wingman seperated right after takeoff (crashed?) and I ended up completing the mission all alone. Second sorty right after takeoff all 3 Ai Ju-88 iof my flight complained they had no ammo left and requested landing permission. They eventually rejoined my flight after some time for some reason.

The first sortie's task was to bomb 5 artillery pieces, sounds simple enough. Until oyu figure the game engine blends their models out at 800m distance and you have to get in suicidal range to only see them.

Second attack, apart formt he ai habbits, ws more interesting. Task was to bomb a supply depot within a big city. For some reason the buildings of the suplpy depot looked the same as the rest of the city so I bombed on prediction. Destroyed multiple rialroad buildings and warehouses and get message "Mission failed, all bombs missed target." If it wasn't for my luck to down 2 Migs after I probably would have flown for 40min wihtout getting a single point...

So yea, pretty much what I expected. To bad it's almost essential to go threw it to unlock improtant modifications for aircraft like the 110 and Ju-88, which othewise have way less combat potential.

Hi,

perhaps you have a security suit running blocking the game exe from connecting with a server.

I had this problem in one of the last updates. Had to create a custom rule for the EXE.

Check your virus protection, if it is blocking IL2.

i hope, this helps.

cheers

Ok it seems to be blocking by my AV, now it's working fine ;) Thx.