Han

Developer Diary, Part 127 - Discussion

I don't think higher authorities are involved in it. No conspiracy theories.

It is more prosaic, it is a matter of time and resources which makes flying over Moscow city center not possible (yet).

No doubt!  :biggrin:

As I mentioned it was something I was thinking about, which I found interesting that Trooper117 had posted something similar.

there would've been an announcement already

Trooper117, on 26 Mar 2016 - 08:08, said:

snapback.png

I think a 'higher authority' has forbidden the team from including all of Moscow.... I mean, it doesn't do for the Kremlin to be seen to be getting plastered by bombs on a nightly basis by over enthusiastic gamer's, lol!

During SoW "development" OM say in SimHQ interview that London monuments will be not destroyable to avoid law issues.

Is the BOM scheduled to be released soon ?

Quote from Blacksix in JU 88 Release timing thread: "We make every effort to release a patch till the end of this month."

So if nothing goes wrong we have a good chance it comes today or tomorrow.

Lets press thumbs!

Edited by StG2_Winger

Quote from Blacksix in JU 88 Release timing thread: "We make every effort to release a

patch till the end of this month."

So if nothing goes wrong we have a good chance it comes today or tomorrow.

Lets press thumbs!

I think he meant the patch including early access Ju-88, not the BoM release.

I'd rather wait for the BoM release as a complete package now, rather than them rushing to get the 88 out as a separate item.

yeah...i guess if you're not interested in the 88 everybody can wait  :wacko:

He is probably the same age as me, knowing the rush of a new plane only last a short while. I am looking forward to a segregated plane set early/mid. Witch by the way the JU 88 gonna rule, me think. 

I took the 110 for a spin yesterday, even DED have limited the big bombs it still could carry bigger bomb load than the only dedicated VVS bomber we have. 

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Surely a Tu-2 with a bombload of more than 3 tons would be wonderful, but it did not arrive until 1944 if i'm not mistaken.

During SoW "development" OM say in SimHQ interview that London monuments will be not destroyable to avoid law issues.

Interesting.  I wonder if there is something like this in Russian law that Oleg assumed would cause problems?  Although I'm no lawyer, I'm absolutely certain there is nothing in British law that prevents a game developer creating a "destructible" city of London. :salute: 

Edit; I can think of plenty of my fellow brits who would thoroughly enjoy bombing the s*^t out of several well known London landmarks. :lol:  

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Upvote 2

WARNING!

Due to one of bug fixes (crash on track playback) flight records format in 1.108 will be changed. Tracks which were recorded in 1.107 will become obsolete with 1.108 update.

uuuhhhhh. Does that info from Han mean something???!???!? *grin*

Surely a Tu-2 with a bombload of more than 3 tons would be wonderful, but it did not arrive until 1944 if i'm not mistaken.

Mass production began in September 1941, at Omsk Aircraft Factory Number 166, with the first aircraft reaching combat units in March 1942. Modifications were made based on combat experience, and Plant Number 166 built a total of 80 aircraft. The AM-37 engine was abandoned to concentrate efforts on the AM-38F for the Il-2, which required Tupolev to redesign the aircraft for an available engine. Modifications of this bomber took ANT-58 through ANT-69 variants. A further 2527 aircraft were built at Kazan, with these modifications. Production ceased in 1951 after a total of some 3,000 aircraft were delivered to various Soviet Bloc air forces.

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

I guess the warnig means that it wont be out today, otherwise the warining would not make to much sense

I guess the warnig means that it wont be out today, otherwise the warining would not make to much sense

Well, doesnt matter. forgive me i am excited. Ill just wait and see:P

Too much time at work today. So dont mind me:)

Edited by StG2_Winger

Well, doesnt matter. forgive me i am excited. Ill just wait and see:P

I'm certainly excited too

uuuhhhhh. Does that info from Han mean something???!???!? *grin*

If you recall in IL2 it was this way as well after a certain patch.. I can't remember which one oit was.. but after that patch tracks from patch to patch were incompatible.. Maybe that is all that it means..

If you recall in IL2 it was this way as well after a certain patch.. I can't remember which one oit was.. but after that patch tracks from patch to patch were incompatible.. Maybe that is all that it means..

I *think* he means that Han's post implies an imminent patch with the Ju88?

I *think* he means that Han's post implies an imminent patch with the Ju88?

This is was what i was thinking.

• Upvote 1

Kinda sad not to be able to fly over moscow, to me it would be enough to model it like london was modeled in the "other ww2 sim". More generic and not so much detail. But then again i have almost never been to london in this sim only a few times for fps test and some sight seeing, after 300hours logged i have only been around the channel area. Both online and offline, i will by BOM just for the new set of planes i think. Looks great!

Kinda sad not to be able to fly over moscow, to me it would be enough to model it like london was modeled in the "other ww2 sim". More generic and not so much detail. But then again i have almost never been to london in this sim only a few times for fps test and some sight seeing, after 300hours logged i have only been around the channel area. Both online and offline, i will by BOM just for the new set of planes i think. Looks great!

You should definately buy BoM for the map as well. Even the areas outside of Moscow are beautifully done, a huge improvement over the previous maps, everything looks more organic instead of generic, even if the area is mostly open forrests speckled with fields, villages and the odd town here and there.

Oh, and the many unique types of air fields are worth the price of admission as well.

You should definately buy BoM for the map as well. Even the areas outside of Moscow are beautifully done, a huge improvement over the previous maps, everything looks more organic instead of generic, even if the area is mostly open forrests speckled with fields, villages and the odd town here and there.

Oh, and the many unique types of air fields are worth the price of admission as well.

It really is beautiful and has a great feeling to it :)  and the new AF are a very very nice feature indeed :)

Steady on. I wouldn`t go that far. The admission is steep and different looking airfields, while nice,  wouldn`t be enough.

I like what they`ve done but I am hoping for more `immersive` aspects. More activity on the airfield: Have a couple of guys by your plane as you take off, waving you off.

Have a guy or two run up to your aircraft as you land- or even crashland just to add a little more life to your experience. At least show more happening around the field!

Also, where`s the sirens on airfields when enemies are nearby? I was really hoping to hear that as it too adds a great deal of immersion.

On all servers, I believe. Sirens and a red flare. I don't know if it's in the campaign though.

yes red flares and sirens.

Jason said they are in crunch time with Beta and does not expect anyone will have time for a DEV post until the full BOM release is completed. Probably another week or two.