Han

Developer Diary, Part 127 - Discussion

Hello everyone!

Today we'll tell you how the biggest landmark of the new map has been created - the city of Moscow itself.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

Note:

Investigation on transfer to x64 is going good. x64 version is allready in beta-testing.

But one thing you should to know - FreeTrack tool is incompatible with x64 application.

• Upvote 16

great screenshots. I can't wait to fly over the new terrain! great look into the map development

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Thank you for the screenshots and for the note!

Could you please list the software that would work with x64 version so we can adapt our setting in advance (I will give a try at opentrack)?

The location of the forest, also created by the real data?

Han, а местоположение леса и растительность, тоже создавалось по реальным данным?

Moscow map looks great!

I totally understand your decision about the city of Moscow, no big deal for me if we can`t fly directly above it.

Good to hear official news about the 64-bit. Nice work!

• Upvote 1

The location of the forest, also created by the real data?

Han, а местоположение леса и растительность, тоже создавалось по реальным данным?

Yep.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic, exceptional, outstanding work!!!!!!!!!     all my congratulations and Many thanks to you :good: :good: ;)

Sumptuous! Glorious! Beautiful, Fabulous....well, you get the idea. I think it's very nice! :biggrin:

Looks great! I'm looking forward to a nice new map to explore.

So, would it be technically possible to open up more of the map at a later date?

Replace the more 'simplified' objects with more detailed ones? and thus allow a larger flying area?

:salute:

Congratulations on the good work to all the team, the Moscow map looks beautiful and the 64-bit news are exciting too. I spent some nice years living in the West end of Moscow so seeing them modeled to such accuracy makes me very happy!

I can only say thank you for your effort. Personally I am looking forward to a early war scenario with early war plane set. It is simply my cup of tea . I am very grateful for your work

Beautiful. It looks like a real achievement.

And now I wish other locations in the history of flight simming had received this much love. Ah well! Can't wait for the oft-overlooked "Battle of Venice".

Holey Cow!! Look at all that work!!! Congratulations to the team on being the first to provide such a historical masterpiece :salute:

Thank you very much :) 

I admire Your approach to model the city. It's a perfect balance of what is achievable in a limited amount of time with limited recourses and the given task to bring the city in. As you mentioned, a Battle of Moscow without Moscow would be odd.

So I'm really looking forward to fly over this labor of love and determination! Very well done so far!:)

• Upvote 2

Looks great.

It will propably always bug me, that I can't fly over the city, but I perfectly understand your priorities and agree with the choice you've made. A very generic looking Moscow to fly over over would be no fun either.

Otherwise the map looks bloody excellent. Beautiful work.

Holy moly 64 bit is moving quick!

*wipes drool from chin*

Great job guys thanks for the update!

Maybe in the future when we get better processors and 128gig octa channels RAM computers devs can unlock it.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the problem was more about man power than computation resources.

In any case, seeing how much effort was put into modelling the city faithfully, I think it's a pity not to be able to fly over it, but I can live with it.

But one thing you should to know - FreeTrack tool is incompatible with x64 application.

can you tell if the same is true for Opentrack?

Testers reported that Opentrack works (and there is some workaround to use Freetrack through Opentrack somehow), but 'your mileage may vary'.

Testers reported that Opentrack works (and there is some workaround to use Freetrack

through Opentrack somehow), but 'your mileage may vary'.

Sounds great!

Opentrack is better anyways.

Any screen shots where you can actually see things like the kremlin?  Just curious as I one thing that was mentioned in everything I have seen on the battle mentions that when the Germans stopped advancing on Dec 4th that they could actually see the Golden Domes of the Kremlin across the plains even at that distance. 

Testers reported that Opentrack works (and there is some workaround to use Freetrack through Opentrack somehow), but 'your mileage may vary'.

oh thanks the development gods o7 so glad to hear that. and i agree with Zami. Opentrack is the better alternative ;)

Thank you for your answer, I will upgrade to opentrack with a PS3 eye (the wiimote I'm using with freetrack now is not supported by opentrack)

You guys are awesome devs!

I'm sure you will be very pleased with the result. i think there is no better free solution than the opentrack + ps3 eye combo

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Looking great, can't wait to fly over this map!

And well im looking for the next project's announcement at every single DD like a kid, haha :lol:

Edited by UF_Winterz

Looking really good, amazing to think how close we are now to the BOM release, along with the news on how well the x64 version is progressing.

Oh and I am sure we're also excited to know about what's next in the series too :).

This may sound a bit self-centered but since I am going away for Easter with extended today i am relieved there will be no big patch/install for the Ju-88 and/or map/BoM this week.i can leave the building without much of a look back...However hope springs eternal for next week! ;)

• Upvote 2

Oh Im so excited for it  :cool: great work, really!

I was wondering, once BoM comes out, will the BoM planes still be in BoS like it is right now? Or will we have two seperate games then?

Absolutly impressive, keep up the great work!  :salute:

From all the images and videos in livestreams, it looks like the Moscow map will have a lot of disticnt locations (bridges, special buildings, etc.)

I cant wait to fly in it.