Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, VBF-12_Esco said:

Another server! Good news! Will the new server ever have the bodenplatte map? I’ve never seen it on Finnish. How about Germany vs Russia or Germany vs America/British campaigns only?  I understand the reason (player numbers) for Germany vs everyone, but now that there are two servers any chance of historical campaigns?

I'm currently preparing the Moscow map. Can't say yet about the Rheinland map.

The campaign system doesn't (at least yet) have support for changing it from Germany/USSR to something else based on the map that's running.

The idea of a more historical campaign (in terms of planesets) has crossed my mind too, so maybe.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You could possibly, but this is only an idea / proposal .........

 

Adapt each map to the planeset according to the war period.

For example, the Stalingrad map with a planeset 08/1942 - 02/1943. and so on with other maps...

 

And set up a battle between American / British versus Germans on Bodenplatte and future Normandy maps.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job with Finnish. I liked TAW but numbers were always so low (When I get to play) because of all the rules and complicated life/plane system in place. Finnish gives the moving front lines and shifting targets that other servers don’t offer. I get bored of always bombing/covering the same areas every few map rotations. I would not mind seeing US vs Germany on other maps besides Rheinland, a change of scenery is always welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked my scoring from yesterday night and realized that the benefit from supply missions (Ju52)  have been reduced from 600 to 300, is that right? If yes, do you want to "award" the fighters a bit more in comparison to the suppliers?  Top scorers have a large amount of supply sorties in their scoring sheets and "pure fighters" might criticize that?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Adjusted the base stats side points award from supply flights from 100 to 50. So from now on, a successfully landed (+100% bonus) Ju-52 supply flight will bring you 300 points.

 

6 minutes ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I checked my scoring from yesterday night and realized that the benefit from supply missions (Ju52)  have been reduced from 600 to 300, is that right?

 

6 minutes ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

Top scorers have a large amount of supply sorties in their scoring sheets and "pure fighters" might criticize that?

I think at least the German side already has quite a bit of fighter flights at the expense of having enough depot bombing / ground pounding, so I'm hesitant to increase the reward for "pure fighters".

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'm currently preparing the Moscow map. Can't say yet about the Rheinland map.

The campaign system doesn't (at least yet) have support for changing it from Germany/USSR to something else based on the map that's running.

The idea of a more historical campaign (in terms of planesets) has crossed my mind too, so maybe.

An adapted plane set where it is US/UK vs Germany would be great to try something different. Maybe have the planet grow much slower, so instead of the planet set suddenly changing every 2 days, you introduce the new aircraft into the rear airfields first so it feels more like a rolling change?

 

I personally hate late war flying a lot but I think doing something different for Rheinland would be interesting - the map is by far the best map IMO.

4 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

You could possibly, but this is only an idea / proposal .........

 

Adapt each map to the planeset according to the war period.

For example, the Stalingrad map with a planeset 08/1942 - 02/1943. and so on with other maps...

 

And set up a battle between American / British versus Germans on Bodenplatte and future Normandy maps.

This is what I was thinking about too but I have to say I do love being able to fly everything during the duration of the map.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

Maybe have the planet grow much slower, so instead of the planet set suddenly changing every 2 days, you introduce the new aircraft into the rear airfields first so it feels more like a rolling change?

Yes. Would make no sense to change a more limited planeset as frequently as the "all planes" planeset.

Link to post
Share on other sites

we have a problem with "tanks gamers". They have the new fad to camping near an airfield, usually undercover in the forest, shooting aircrafts just when they respawn, killing virtual pilots without any defend possibility.
Several team-mates ussally take the iniciative to find and bombing the tank in the forest, ..but with a poor success. Due to trees  and tanks are undestructibles in game. After launch several SC 1800 kg bombs with  Stukas, the trees still in place like nothing happens, and T-34 tank (human driver)  is only suffered a few damages.
How many tonnes of bombs are needed for killing a tank in game? :o:

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f94cb4b8a0ce389bb44fd604e2447727.png


This would be take as a game joke, if we would have all squadmates inside the server, and we could fly normal air combat missions ignoring the tanks,.. But the main problem is that we have only 84 slots per server and these "tank´s trolls" are occupying the slots that some squadmates need for flying in the server. 
@LLv34_TemuriIts there any way to kick "tanks trolls" when they have damaged and immobilised near an airfield, and they stay shooting and killing respawned aircrafts pilots? ...I think that is don't necessary to remember to you, that pilot who stay park in place for 30 second are kicked from server at present date.. but that don't occur with the tanks that are stalking to shoot re-spawned pilots.


 

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Its there any way to kick "tanks trolls" when they have damaged and immobilised near an airfield, and they stay shooting and killing respawned aircrafts pilots? ...I think that is don't necessary to remember to you, that pilot who stay park in place for 30 second are kicked from server at present date.. but that don't occur with the tanks that are stalking to shoot re-spawned pilots.

It's possible, but not going to do it. If there's a tank near a spawn, the spawn will give warning about the tank. In such case, don't spawn.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

It's possible, but not going to do it. If there's a tank near a spawn, the spawn will give warning about the tank. In such case, don't spawn.

How can a enemy tank arrives to a friendly airfield? ..The friendly tanks are not warned by the server, like pilots are warned when enemy plane is attacking a friendly target? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

we have a problem with "tanks gamers". They have the new fad to camping near an airfield, usually undercover in the forest, shooting aircrafts just when they respawn, killing virtual pilots without any defend possibility.
Several team-mates ussally take the iniciative to find and bombing the tank in the forest, ..but with a poor success. Due to trees  and tanks are undestructibles in game. After launch several SC 1800 kg bombs with  Stukas, the trees still in place like nothing happens, and T-34 tank (human driver)  is only suffered a few damages.
How many tonnes of bombs are needed for killing a tank in game?



 

 

HaHA freakin' Ha!    All the crap I took for making a complaint about tanks spawn camping airfields!  Hell, some self-righteous morons even took the time to PM me and give me crap about it like they were so freakin' manly or something! 

Now it's your turn!  :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites

As i like this server i still have to say that tonight's session was "interesting" as i have never seen it before to that extend.

Rammed 3 times.

Seen at least 7 passionate ramming in my closest proximity.

Friendly fired upon (3 times - once with multiple passes) - to the level of me going back to base instantly.

All that on just one map (roughly 3h total)

 

Was il2 on some kind special deal tonight?

 

Also

4 hours ago, Heliopause said:

A tank camping near an airfield is not always there shooting planes ......

That is correct - last night (and tonight actually as well) Heliopause has been close to enemy airfields providing intelligent data for the rest of the team.

We knew what is taking off and what direction.

I can only admire dedication to spend time to actually go to enemy airfield in a tank and then just report instead of shooting those pesky enemies as soon as they spawn.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Amyel said:

As i like this server i still have to say that tonight's session was "interesting" as i have never seen it before to that extend.

Rammed 3 times.

Seen at least 7 passionate ramming in my closest proximity.

Friendly fired upon (3 times - once with multiple passes) - to the level of me going back to base instantly.

All that on just one map (roughly 3h total)

 

Was il2 on some kind special deal tonight?

 

I was having a terrible night last night so I share your pain. I died more yesterday than I have done in a week lol and almost all of them were a result of g-locking and either ramming or getting into a bad position. I know my squaddie had 2 rams last night that he was trying to avoid so the stars were aligned for a bad night LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we at some point have a few night time missions? Flying a U-2 or Ju52 in daylight is usually a one way ticket and it gets a bit boring constantly being cannon fodder for heroes in uber fighters.

 

45050153_1157022691117243_352324289074036736_o.jpg

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a question. I played Tuesday night and went on bombing run near the front line. I was flying a 110 and as I approached the Soviet Tanks the Triple started to fire at me so I dropped my bombs and staffed the AAA and I got 3 “Fired on Friendly”warnings. I’m positive I was in the right place. My question is,is  this a common glitch or was it something I did wrong on my end ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jiggs said:

I got 3 “Fired on Friendly”warnings

If you get the warnings via chat saying "teamkill detected", then it's for real. Otherwise not.

 

Also:

Had a bug in the way capturing was handled in game logs, which resulted logs from the mission that was running a moment ago to be garbage. Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m new to Multiplayer after playing single mission stuff for a year. I’m completely addicted. I wanted to make sure I’m helping not hurting the team. Fantastic server, thanks for all you effort put in to it!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, [DBS]Browning said:

You get a warning when a tank is 10km away from an airbase. Ignoring it for long enough for the tank to get in range means your team is to blame for any spawn killing that happens.

 

I'm  not 100% sure,   LL guys or other server guys could maybe verify ,    But I believe that the Tank Warning  symbol  only appears on the map at  3KM     not 10.   Anyways, as others have said, check your map before spawning,  if you see a tank warning  don't spawn in.   Your AC are worth points  so to spawn in when a symbol is present is not real smart.  Best bet is to go to your nearest tank spawn, drive there and kill him,  or take off from a diff AF and go kill him.   It's actually  a very good tactic  that accomplishes several things  for your team :

1) you tie up  AC resources that could be attacking tgts elsewhere

2) each plane you clip is worth 100-150 points

3) you deny the use of the particular temp AF to your enemy  ( well usually deny it's use to the smarter pilots anyways ! )  for the period of time you decide to stay for or how long you live.  If you clip 2 planes and lose  1 tank you side is ahead in points

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

BUG REPORT

 

Hi Finnish admin team

 

I've noticed a bit of a bug. I'm a tanker and spend a lot of my time attacking enemy Troops and Artillery positions. This is great fun until you die out of the blue to enemy fire when no enemy is visible. After thinking to myself many times "I'm just useless at spotting enemy tanks" I started recording video of my assaults, mainly because I was sitting in an aircraft revetment and got knocked out THROUGH the revetment by an AI tank. I think I've worked out which ones can be shot through by the AI. It is the arf_caponiers_6_h_4.mgm and similar. 

 

Even without the issue of the AI being able to shoot through them, these airfield revetments are a bit of an issue. Their "hit box" is much larger that the actual visual model. meaning I'm often seeing my APHE rounds explode before they hit the clearly visible target inside the revetments.

 

Here's a link to a track if you would like to see a Panzer IV kill my T34 this way, also there's examples of the revetments blocking shots that they shouldn't have. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BYx3tZVTyGNFhHUfU8bvQt6THx28ZfP_/view?usp=sharing

 

The event in question is right at the end of the track, the PZ IV is the closest to my tank, inside a revetment

 

Kind Regards

 

Kim

Edited by Leady_Brickov
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leady_Brickov said:

It is the arf_caponiers_6_h_4.mgm and similar. 

Thank you for the report. I've also noticed that it's not possible to fire through the openings in the caponiers. It's on my TODO list to fix these.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Several sorties from yesterday were not reported..

 

15 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Had a bug in the way capturing was handled in game logs, which resulted logs from the mission that was running a moment ago to be garbage. Sorry about that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say having the second server hosted by LD is brilliant and provides an opportunity to try and help/ease the issue with sides being stacked whilst maintaining your strategic allegiance to a side if you use it in a certain way....

 

The 'problem' with a good server like the Finnish one is that once you fly a few missions for a side you start to get an affiliation to the cause in acheiving particular objectives over time; i.e. you shed your virtual blood in trying to push back a tank attack in Sector 1 or whatever, so, understandably you may not necessarily want to flip sides next time you are on and undo that hard work....

 

However having the second server means you can use it as one where you can enjoy the dynamics of the targets, tanks etc, but not necessarily get too absorbed in the strategic element. So if the 1st server is stacked in favour of your usual side, instead of making the problem worse by joining that side you can go in the second and fly there as either side, whichever needs balancing there. Your career and strategy is preserved in server 1, and server 2 gives you the pleasure of flying entertaining missions maybe in the lovely aircraft on the other side to that which you normally fly.

 

I realise this is no doubt an obvious option to many people , but if you're new perhaps, and you are flexibile enough in mind, give it a try, keep your strategic self in the 1st server, and if it is stacked to your favour, instead of spoiling the dynamic there, jump to the other and get your jolies there for a bit. If enough people do this there will be two nicely balanced servers with engaging battles going on, and possibly with just enough room in each that you can join whichever at will.

 

The original server doesn't need to be your strategic one of course, either one can be where you have your strategic affiliation in place.

 

 

Edited by YoYo*Catch22
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jiggs said:

I have SRS radio and when i spawn an aircraft I never here any call outs or commands. What am I doing wrong?

We don’t have AI callouts or commands in SRS like Combat Box does. It’s an additional cool feature Alonzo has done on top of their SRS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 10:35 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

 

 

I think at least the German side already has quite a bit of fighter flights at the expense of having enough depot bombing / ground pounding, so I'm hesitant to increase the reward for "pure fighters".

thx for the quick response

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a recent update that added a unique explosion for fuel trucks, but when I was recently attacking Soviet troops in my tank, the unique explosion did not happen when destroying the fuel truck.  Is there something with this server that needs to be updated to make it happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...