Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Yes the classical option is that axis are blue and allies red, this comes from previous IL-2 franchise and for me is the one that makes more sense nowadays and as you said is a manual configuration on your side, make USSR red

Hay Guys,

sorry for an "IL-2 MP beginner" question: when I run out of ammo or gas, is my only option to land, exit and re-enter, or can I continue my mission uninterrupted, by rearming-refueling on the airfield?

Thanks

On 12/22/2020 at 3:42 AM, SYN_Ricky said:

I honestly have never witnessed this problem with planes in BOX, I have seen it in FC on Flugpark server a couple of times. As for this very server I had that happen once with tanks, one guy I was communicating with spawned in a Sherman, I told him I was 300m North of spawnpoint, I see him driving past me asking where I was...turned out I was invisible for him...

I have encountered this issue although rarely, not sure it's a server issue as it's most likely a code issue with multiplayer.

Noticed, these last days, more and more tankers fighting on the server !!!!😉

It is so nice to have now some real tanks battles and not only spawn attacks, depot attacks or campers waiting in hidden position that another tank comes to them. It is much more exciting to face ennemies and fight in a tank!!! much more exciting than in a plane.....if you miss your target, it will return a shell to you in the following seconds !!!

Very happy !!!!😉

Many thanks to the owners of the server for the addition of tanks on the battles!!!!!

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
On 1/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, Razor18 said:

sorry for an "IL-2 MP beginner" question: when I run out of ammo or gas, is my only option to land, exit and re-enter, or can I continue my mission uninterrupted, by rearming-refueling on the airfield?

To be specific: land, finish mission, respawn. That is: don't exit the server.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
On 12/31/2020 at 8:33 PM, JG1_Butzzell said:

So players need to select Red Russian in their own settings because it is not a server or ME selection?

There's also that if we'd go with the game's "default" coloring scheme, we'd need double amount of map icons. The netcode is fragile enough with enabling/disabling icons, so less icons is better.

11 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I hit some Yak during this sortie, hits are being scored in the global of the sortie but not on the record (and I didn't get any kill participation)

I posted a question about this on the stats system thread.

Edit: and the reply:

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this server ! 

I've been having a truly great time!   If there's ever a possiblity of allowing Tacview I'd be so grateful so I can study my many mistakes!

Happy New Year

Salute!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I understand that the score from sorties as shown in the debriefing of the game does not fit to the applied rating in your scoring list. Is there the possibility to learn how your rating calculation ist done in detail? I didn't find information about this topic yet.

thx

21 minutes ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I understand that the score from sorties as shown in the debriefing of the game does not fit to the applied rating in your scoring list. Is there the possibility to learn how your rating calculation ist done in detail? I didn't find information about this topic yet.

thx

On the stats side? It's the same as in any server that uses Vaal's stats system:
1) calculate how many scores player earns per one life - score / (dead + capture) = SD
2) calculate how many scores player earns per one hour - score / flight time = SH
3) calculate rating by formula: (SD * SH * score) / 1000

Couple of things that come next mission rotation:
- Free areas where the target groups are placed are mapped by script for the Kuban. That means a lot more possible areas to put those groups in, but also that groups overlap trees in some places, like the fields in Kuban.
- Removed entities from target group block objects. Perhaps this will make the mission a bit lighter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Temuri and Untamo, glad to see server climbed on well deserved throne!

Any idea how to avoid Allies shooting down friendly ju52 supply (2 in a hour last night), maybe asking devs to implement official skin with allied markings for ju52 until dc3 gets released (i can make it in high detail) or somehow scripting Po2 by your server side to be supply if speed is mandatory factor.

S!

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon
5 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

maybe asking devs to implement official skin with allied markings for ju52

I kept asking for this when they were developing the Ju-52, but they didn't do it. Likely, they missed my pleas.

Now that there are non-dev skinners doing skins too, it might be more likely? @Jason_Williams, something like this, please?
http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/220/pics/1_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

BUG IN MISSION 10225    08-01-2020 02.37

front depot #2 Almost destroyed 0.30 minutes before end of the mission and still at 96%

Yes. It was due to the non-entity depots. Rolled back the entity change.

Thanks for your reply, but you must understand that this change a lot of things. If the depot was destroyed, Russian forces should be on the on Crimea land now!!!😉

3 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

but you must understand that this change a lot of things

But you must understand I did it to try to get some "free space" for improvements on other areas on the server. :)

• Upvote 1

I thanks you for your hard work and offering us outstanding playing hours, but it is a kind of competition, you know? It is for sure one of the foremost interest of a lot of players ....WIN !!!!

And sometimes we are désappointement to see that our efforts to win are devalued by something out of the competition itself. I should point that this is the key point you could place at the top of your concerns.

😉

Edited by CCG_Pips
3 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

I thanks you for your hard work and offering us outstanding playing hours, but it is a kind of competition, you know? It is for sure one of the foremost interest of a lot of players

....WIN!!!!

And sometimes we are désappointement to see that our efforts to win are devalued by something out of the competition itself. I should point that this is the key point you could place at the top of your concerns.

😉

I think the admins have their priorities just right by constantly trying to develop this server to function better by finding ways to squeeze out max performance, having less lag and offering more targets and therefore better gameplay for all of us.

If this trial and error method means occational mission failure, well, boohoo. Look at the big picture where everybody wins with better campaigns and maps and forget some meaningless single mission.

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 1/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

On the stats side? It's the same as in any server that uses Vaal's stats system:
1) calculate how many scores player earns per one life - score / (dead + capture) = SD
2) calculate how many scores player earns per one hour - score / flight time = SH
3) calculate rating by formula: (SD * SH * score) / 1000

Thx for the quick clarification

12 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I kept asking for this when they were developing the Ju-52, but they didn't do it. Likely, they missed my pleas.

Now that there are non-dev skinners doing skins too, it might be more likely? @Jason_Williams, something like this, please?
http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/220/pics/1_1.jpg

I can do it without problem, also i can make additional one with raf markings as from picture of captured ju52 bellow:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/482025966360029588/

I'll send it to you when i'm done if you have open conversation with Jason and post it in skinning subforum.

EDIT: seems there is template only for AI version, template for flyable Ju52 is still WIP by ICDP

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon

I can’t understand how front lines moves. It hasn’t sense.  They can advance 30km doing  nearly  nothing. We destroyed front depots, they didn’t. We found and inmortal front line, it was totally destroyed but puts more 70%. If we destroy 3 of 4 depots and frontlines we only advance 3 or 10 km.

13 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

I can do it without problem, also i can make additional one with raf markings as from picture of captured ju52 bellow:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/482025966360029588/

I'll send it to you when i'm done if you have open conversation with Jason and post it in skinning subforum.

EDIT: seems there is template only for AI version, template for flyable Ju52 is still WIP by ICDP

Definitively, when I do a supply, I only use this skin for Russian side........Any "normal" Russian fighter will recognize the skin and will not shoot at you.......except if he is a full idiot.

3x9f2xz1kf3afhnzg.jpg

• Like 2

Nice rainy map yesterday! One can sneek in undetected aftere navigating the long way tp a rear target.

One bombrun and back home again. Very quiet, nothing about .... or?

Recording showed a spit scanning the area right after I had bombed (he must have seen the notice that the target was attacked).

He got close but I was able to fly out undetected ..... Fun game 😀

Z.png

ZZ.png

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I tried to destroy the troops on the ground but it was impossible for me to destroy these trucks:

20210108170241_1.thumb.jpg.6262f328d28e41c100342367defd3141.jpg

20210108170246_1.thumb.jpg.d8b8d06e62cb5285d9ab95a7c7203f00.jpg

I therefore could not achieve this objective.

(unless there was something else to destroy but I don't think so)

Otherwise, the leftmost spawn point for German tanks (which can be seen on the 2nd screenshot) is not optimal. Indeed, I appeared on a slope (not the best) and already damaged.

Spawning us on level ground will solve both problems.

16 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Yesterday I tried to destroy the troops on the ground but it was impossible for me to destroy these trucks:

20210108170241_1.thumb.jpg.6262f328d28e41c100342367defd3141.jpg

20210108170246_1.thumb.jpg.d8b8d06e62cb5285d9ab95a7c7203f00.jpg

I therefore could not achieve this objective.

(unless there was something else to destroy but I don't think so)

Otherwise, the leftmost spawn point for German tanks (which can be seen on the 2nd screenshot) is not optimal. Indeed, I appeared on a slope (not the best) and already damaged.

Spawning us on level ground will solve both problems.

Of course, when a destroyed object is from you to the target, your shell explodes on the "invisible" part of the destoyed object. In the case of your screen, depending on the angle of fire, the "bunker" object is between you and your target.

2 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

Of course, when a destroyed object is from you to the target, your shell explodes on the "invisible" part of the destoyed object. In the case of your screen, depending on the angle of fire, the "bunker" object is between you and your target.

I shot 4 different trucks I believe, none were destroyed but maybe there was each time a destroyed object between my target and my gun. 🤔

5 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Definitively, when I do a supply, I only use this skin for Russian side........Any "normal" Russian fighter will recognize the skin and will not shoot at you.......except if he is a full idiot.

3x9f2xz1kf3afhnzg.jpg

That is a good skin, I like it.  Too many times I have seen Russian side pilots using this aircraft with German markings :(  and too many times I have shot them down as a friendly on my side when I have been flying as Russian.  I kindly request that if folks fly this aircraft on the Russian side that they don't use German markings.  Thanks in advance.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

3x9f2xz1kf3afhnzg.jpg

I would love to use this skin but it's only available to people who preordered the Ju-52 :(

I wanted to check again.

At this distance, impossible to miss, yet the truck remained intact.

And since I am not the only one to have observed this phenomenon, there is therefore a problem.

20210109164647_1.thumb.jpg.53d47e2a62d194923728a2709307d15c.jpg

20210109164650_1.thumb.jpg.e7ad9e600c8d6e359259eeffc0aac6d0.jpg

20210109164651_1.thumb.jpg.fee2060e61814d67c27cf9b4c892292e.jpg

The same thing, having moved around a bit :

20210109164708_1.thumb.jpg.918002ab518e465da7dbbb0f9cfcd3a0.jpg

20210109164709_1.thumb.jpg.d2b36fb57719bdb48abebbe2edce2c5b.jpg

20210109164712_1.thumb.jpg.34e28b0f1f045563c6c04503684b46cb.jpg

20210109164714_1.thumb.jpg.cf36920780b00117c7cf6dc3367558cf.jpg

Another problem I noticed was that I shot tanks and tank trucks that had an intact skin. After my shots they were on fire, their skin was black and broken. However, they did not appear in my statistics.